As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How then shall we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repeat the mistakes and glories of the past!
22.41%
13 22.41%
Wallow in bitterness and rage!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Peace out blissfully and love everyone!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Iron Terminator, Win Above All Else!
20.69%
12 20.69%
Die to Barbarians.
25.86%
15 25.86%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers]Oh Canada! Victoria has a Commodore, eh?

(April 6th, 2014, 14:50)Krill Wrote: Slow.

Wait. Slow? In this mod? Well, I never. smile
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

I haven't seen the Ind era section of the tech tree for a while, but I don't think you need either Arty or Bio for tanks.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(April 6th, 2014, 17:10)Krill Wrote: I haven't seen the Ind era section of the tech tree for a while, but I don't think you need either Arty or Bio for tanks.
Arty is needed for transports; need them and destroyers. Biology just hurts to avoid that long.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

TR, DD and Arty. It's a nice tech, isn't it?

I didn't know you even had any farms, the amount of cottages you are running.

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(April 6th, 2014, 17:31)Krill Wrote: TR, DD and Arty. It's a nice tech, isn't it?

I didn't know you even had any farms, the amount of cottages you are running.
Yeah, quite a few along the Foodless River (Quebec, Toronto, Saskatoon), and on Greenland/Greenerland along rivers. New! Fin is weird.

...good thing it works this way or Environmentalism farms would be Aristofarms 2.0.

OK then, because we have a severe lack of information regarding Industrial era game play...can you explain you current strategy and tactics, including tech path please? I thought you said earlier that you would never be the first researcher of a tech, is that still the case?

(April 6th, 2014, 17:52)Krill Wrote: OK then, because we have a severe lack of information regarding Industrial era game play...can you explain you current strategy and tactics, including tech path please? I thought you said earlier that you would never be the first researcher of a tech, is that still the case?
I think Commodore is making this up as he goes.

(April 6th, 2014, 20:54)Goreripper Wrote:
(April 6th, 2014, 17:52)Krill Wrote: OK then, because we have a severe lack of information regarding Industrial era game play...can you explain you current strategy and tactics, including tech path please? I thought you said earlier that you would never be the first researcher of a tech, is that still the case?
I think Commodore is making this up as he goes.
Yeah, we're all kind of finding our way here; my stuff is purely theoretically, but here's where my head is at. The big three:
Quote:Scooter isn't going to get a good price for his Lewwyn eating, from what I can see in his cities he's still rushing to the front, Lewwyn's gonna burn stuff before he goes. But he will eat Lewwyn, and Ceil's blood-cheering aside no way in hell am I tackling that, Vikings ain't gonna be toppled with their crapton of land and tech and power. Just going to be "not as cost effective as he'd like" probably.
Vikings are always a threat, but Scooter is not prone to attack those who he thinks can out-duel him. So Azza is next, he doesn't want to attack me or Mackoti or Plako.
Quote:Mackoti is a MFG monster and will start tech drafting himself soon.
He might split Finarry with Dtay, although that would be a horrific bloodbath, horrific. scared
Finarry are goooood.
My MFG is 50% better than Mack's saving gold at the 2g=1h ratio I'm getting. smile Except for, you know, drydocks. frown
Quote:Plako is eating Bacchus at typical Plako-speed.
Plako is going to be big, but he's behind on tech.

So, then, the remaining low hanging fruit are William LP and Ichabod:
They're behind on tech but still big and remote. If in 26 turns I go in, I'm going to go in to completely take Inca, none of this stupid bite, piss off, land war slog stuff (sorry Scooter). If I can crack Inca, it's all about holding it and winning space here.

Nothing to do until then:
-Half-assing, bad
-Hitting a competent strong opponent, bad
-Entertaining culture victory notions, awful
...but I do need more land to be a contender, and William is sliding into the era-behind danger zone.

As far as the tech drafting? Scooter and Mackoti are teching too slow. frown I'll tech draft when I can, including probably saving a good long while after RR comes in, but I don't want to be laggardly in getting Modern Ships. And I won't dally on getting flight (Fighters) and Radio (Bombers!) after the tank wave. After that, it's turning cash into land via guns. Only butter project I really miss is the CR, which will be *very* nice for whichever space racer does land it.

93% odds golden age in five more turns; I'll work on churning out a Great Prophet for the shrine during the age, then swap to Theocracy at the end.

CR is changed in this mod, no?

(April 6th, 2014, 21:19)Oxyphenbutazone Wrote: CR is changed in this mod, no?
Yep, but the Final Race still requires some swapping around. I dunno, but that 4-man GA is going to be hard to come by.

That's actually a point about Plako's position. His MoM is a major asset going forward...