As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Pindicator Walks With Dinosaurs

I don't feel like it would be remiss of you to change your plans based on it. It wasn't a lurker imparting any unseen knowledge, rather pointing out something that could be easily seen by yourself.

It feels to me similar say to a player showing their city screen saying "look I'm working both fish in this city" when they're really only working plains tiles. It's just putting into question something you provided to us, and it's not like in my hypothetical you would be expected to stay with the initial tile configuration because your words differed from your action there.

I hope Pin will go forbit anyway. No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

...oh you're not spanish? :shrug:

Obviously it's not knowable, but I'd be surprised if you made it six more turns without ever noticing any of:
  • the civ color
  • the location of ? in the score list
  • the earlier border pop from Cre than from Henge
  • the mouseover on his territory
  • your EP spending options
But then you do have an example of doing just that. Although SG is probably all in one sitting, where this game would make you come back fresh a bunch of times.

I don't know what to suggest, really.

Ilios, I don't suppose you've only lurked Pindicator so far? That'd make the situation obvious.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

So I canceled the rush. Whipped the settler in the capital. Building granaries instead of chariots. Without a clear idea what the sporting move would be I'm going to avoid doing what is a bad game move.

I mean, chariot rushing zulu on a whim does sound like something I would advocate. But not when I really want to play with numidians and they are just a few techs away.

So how about we go Myst -> Writing -> Archery -> HBR and call that good?
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

In my opinion, doing what you think is smart while trying to avoid being spoiled is perfect sportsmanship. If someone had come in here and told you something you couldn't know, it would be reasonable to try to pretend you don't know it. But trying to pretend you don't know something that's visible in your own screenshots...? Seems crazy to me. If I were one of your opponents, I'd be 100% happy with your choice.

me too. still want to see some hot raptor action, after all!

Yeah, this is why I brought it up here and not in the tech thread. I've learned that my sense of where the line is usually ends up being fat more strict than the community as a whole.

So I switched to granaries. Hopefully I can get some time in to try and rehash my plan. Right now it's all a mess.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Hey, we're going to be taking the piss about mistaking Zulu for Mongolia. It's not like you're getting off lightly here.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Quite frankly I'm a little amazed Krill didn't go with: "Typical American, doesn't know the difference between Zulu and Mongolia" smoke
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Who can tell all them South Americans apart, anyway? [Image: emot-clint.gif]