As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How then shall we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repeat the mistakes and glories of the past!
22.41%
13 22.41%
Wallow in bitterness and rage!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Peace out blissfully and love everyone!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Iron Terminator, Win Above All Else!
20.69%
12 20.69%
Die to Barbarians.
25.86%
15 25.86%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers]Oh Canada! Victoria has a Commodore, eh?

By the way; I'm quite happy still but the turns are coming around slower and slower...which is why updates seem so sparse. Brick, don't let me be the one chaining other people to this is nobody else is having fun.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Soon, very soon, the 18 shall be only 8...Azza is down to one last city. You're almost free, mate.

Aaaaand nothing. Of course. rolleye Report on your strong defenses well, folks, Mackoti won't hit you if you can mess him up. So we're at a lovely detente here in this ocean; I might swing around and try to stone cold capture Germany if possible but only if Finarry can split it. Big Sticks: Only way to ensure Mackoti the Liar honors his peaces.

Meanwhile, odds and sods destroyers are nosing around my other edges. It's a "don't mess with me" message to Dtay...

...and to Scooter.

A brief update of some key numbers:

Me:

Dtay:

Finarry:

Mackoti:

Airships give a remarkably complete picture.

Er, Commodore, what civics are you in? And how much research were you building on T242?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(May 19th, 2014, 12:16)Krill Wrote: Er, Commodore, what civics are you in? And how much research were you building on T242?
My endgame configuration of US/Bureau/Emancipation/Free Market/Theocracy. And I never bother to build research in this empire.

So, three further questions then, if you have time:

What is you max gpt like ie potential hammer output from US?

How much would Free Speech help you ie how many towns and what are your general commerce multipliers like?

What do you feel about the tech cost increase from the Renaissance onwards?

Cheers for the updates again smile

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

I'll actually expand on my civics set a bit, because I know you're looking for feedback:

Universal Suffrage:
Universal Suffrage is the most obvious of my civics; I've got a crapton of towns and the civic is probably honestly accounting for about half of my natural hammer production. But obviously I didn't toss out fifty destroyers in seven turns (remember, sent Plako my first oil) with natural hammer production. Rushbuy has been central to my plans for the last 150+ turns. The Kremlin is naturally a huge help, but I'd be relying on rushbuy in any case.

Bureaucracy:
This is easily one of the more questionable civics I'm in. Free Speech would blast this out of the water, of course. It's an expensive civic, breaking even only because of the heartstopping power of Ottawa and the relatively small size of my empire. Environmentalism would be interesting; the gold benefits are small but I've got a nonzero number of AW priests running and a fair number of riverside farms...the health would be amazing, actually enabling more than the three factories I've got empire-wide. Nationhood would honestly make the best sense in terms of sheer economy, just for cheapness...I can afford to draft in maybe two cities once Biology is online? Got no food. Vassalage would save me a little money on units but the XP is superfluous with Theocracy and it is definitely the worst option.

In the end, though, my silly goal of the game is to pump up Ottawa, so didn't have much of a choice. And although it averages worse a little bit Bureau still enables the best 100% beakers (which get funneled into known tech bonus) and makes some decent cash for me in gold saving.

Emancipation:
This is just me being a troll. tongue Well, okay, I still have some Greenerland villages that need it, but mostly I'm Emancipated because damned if I have the food to make use of Caste or Slavery. Interestingly enough, I would prefer to be in Serfdom in a few turns...Electricity makes Financial Windmills sexy, and sexier still with an extra hammer.

Free Market:
This is Imperialistic Portugal's One And Only Civic; cheap Custom Houses make it easy. That being said, Free Speech would be fairly close if it was a lower-cost civic (or I was Organized rolleye ), and State Property is still awesomeness. Interestingly, SP Electricity watermills are very very good (but unbuffed by Financial): +1/2/2 improvements are pretty amazing. I'm sure Mackoti is enjoying them right now a lot.

Theocracy:
This is another gimmie. Security demands me be able to chuck another Combat promo on ships and pinch on infantries/cavalries, otherwise I'm just outclassed...in particular at sea, that spare promo makes such a huge difference. Free Religion is tempting for those beakers, but just not worth it. Plus I'm relying on Cathedral happy in some big cities.

So I guess if I could revolt now cheaply I'd go US/Enviro/Serfdom/FM/Theo, but it's close enough.

Sorry, above was actually a crosspost. I think I answered about Free Speech; commerce multipliers are banks everywhere (yay Financial!) as well as libraries, and the rest only in big cities. Also, I have a crapton of temples. wink
(May 19th, 2014, 12:51)Krill Wrote: What is you max gpt like ie potential hammer output from US?
Right at 3k gpt, give or take a couple. So Kremlin makes it 1,500 hpt...without Kremlin it would still be a reasonable 1,000 hpt.
(May 19th, 2014, 12:51)Krill Wrote: What do you feel about the tech cost increase from the Renaissance onwards?
I like it, generally, although I could see toning it down just a tad bit now. The increase up to about this point here is good, but looking down the pike, there is a real problem with the slower tech pace:

We're finally about to enter into the Era of Offense. With nukes, bombers, and modern navy units, offensives, particularly on the coasts, are entering Fall From Heaven mode: Defense isn't possible in the "stop you" sense, just in the MAD or "make it too expensive" senses. I've noodled a bit about the viability of going for space...it's just waaaaay too many beakers away from military spending.

Thanks for the update smile I look forward to seeing how to handle the next few turns.

(May 19th, 2014, 14:59)Krill Wrote: Thanks for the update smile I look forward to seeing how to handle the next few turns.
Thanks Krill. Glad to know someone is still watching. Lil' Canada is a tiny backwater, but the local stories and friendly people hopeful can induce a few bored souls to stop by from time to time. We hope you like seafood! And tours of goldmines...

A quick 100%, 70% pair of turns brought us Biology. It's a very late hour indeed, but I might as well get a little growth out of some of my more marginal cities. Brampton: Actually halfway decent now. Even without Serfdom I might consider a few windmills here and there...Electricity is 3t now, but I'm waiting for Plako to finish before bursting it. Meanwhile, I enjoy my mines.

Here in Canada we believe in polishing turds. Manitoulin isn't much, but it's making one heck of a profit. And, as you can see, Free Market is hard to give up for an empire like mine...

Here's the news of the turns:
-Azza died
-Scooter and I Defense Pacted
-Great People were born
-Dtay acts nervous

That last one is a real stumper...