As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

I had some trouble connecting but was able to get in on the third try. Each time the game showed I was attempting to peer with Molach but I don't think he was actually in game. I sent a message through the game chat asking if he was connected but got no response. Also, the pitboss portal doesn't show Molach as having played yet (or having connected this turn), so maybe there's something going on there, maybe he has a hung up session or something?

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

I can try to reload the game to see if that helps?
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

(May 20th, 2014, 11:31)Caledorn Wrote: I can try to reload the game to see if that helps?

It probably can't hurt.
I have to run.

I logged in with a different name so you can use my autosave to reload and I won't have to replay.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(May 20th, 2014, 12:11)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: I logged in with a different name so you can use my autosave to reload and I won't have to replay.

Thank you for that smile - but I can save the game from the Pitboss client too.

Game reloaded!
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

Lurkers, I will be out of town and away from civ this weekend. I'm looking for someone to cover turns Friday through Monday evening. Depending on when the turn rolls, you could play as few as two or as many as 4 turns. Details in my thread if interested. Thanks.

Still no luck frown.

I'll re-download the mod.

Darrell

I would just like to say to the lurkers that we love you all toast
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(May 20th, 2014, 17:00)darrelljs Wrote: Still no luck frown.

I'll re-download the mod.

Darrell

Does your router need resetting maybe?

Yes, this actually is the "everything I can bit".
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Mod didn't help, I had already reset my router and my cable modem. I disabled my firewall.

My daughter has a pet chicken, thinking of sacrificing that but the next full moon isn't for 24 days.

Darrell