As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[spoilers] Commodore's Subbing Stubbies' Common Odor

Your front city against someone you don't like is "Toothbrush".
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

And then, sometimes, events are just mean and pointless. I still enjoy them though!

Our little world seems to be set up in an "X", and that scout is at our end. I'm going to REX to the edge ASAP, with just one simple tech path:

Fishing is still questionable. Clearly, I'm going to be heading against the Kurios. Which would be much easier if I had a source of pigs, Bob. rant
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Waitaminute on that HBR plan, though. It looks like there might be a little bit more land out in the fog than first meets the eye; when you combine that with the fact that EitB galleys are more like transports, and that this map is crazily naval, I might want to go Kurio-hunting in the water instead.

I'm going to miss the ole' food boost; it was fun while it lasted. The capital will still make enough to slam out quite a few nice settlers, though.

Next turn, vive la revolution!

When your second "weakener" warrior wins, that's a good day!

Sludgehome is one of those highly debatable captures; it orphans an ocean fish, and makes the further-southwest gems/banana/dye city a little awkward to dotmap. It also orphans a freshwater marsh in any sane dotmap. Bronze Working and culture are both needed for the city to reach its imperfect "full" potential.

In the end? Never let the Perfect be the enemy of the Good. I'm REXing until my next golden age then going into a frenzy of warmode to conquest; I have neither time nor inclination to make it all the best dotmap possible. In the short term, it nets me dyes and gems and banana (BW is next, after all), plus it won't be too costly once Aristo comes online.

I'm okay with it!

The crowd thrummed, thousands of deep voices rumbling in curiosity and speculation. Anarchy had spread through the kingdom for most of the last year, and the reason was about to get up on stage. A hush fell among the crowd as a particularly tall Dwarf stumped up on the stage.
A name, spoken in whispers, echoed softly in the chamber
"Kam Hodor"

The dwarf on the stage was a prime specimen of Dwarvenly might; his beard full, his limbs and features thick, his eyes dark and piercing. When he spoke, his voice was clear and carrying.
"Dwarves of Beard, and of the rest of the kingdom. You are here because it seems as if our kingdom is quaking. Almost, in places, we seem likely to have our nation cave in upon itself...riots in Goatee, rebellion in Soul Patch, vile whispers of clean-shaven teetotalers in Muttonchops. All of these rumors...are true."
A chamber of Men would have gasped. Here and there, Man merchants and traders did. The stout Dwarves that made the bulk of the crowd instead growled, and glints of metal showed that some went so far as to unbind their weapons.
The speaker continued. "But I am here to let you know all that is being put down now. I have appointed an Underlord in each city; I have given them ultimate authority to do anything they wish to the Dwarves in their cities. I am remaking this kingdom in a new government. I am Kam Hodor."

The listening crowd grumbled and spat at that, but the Lord of the Caverns had not yet finished, so they listened and were still.
"The Conservator, our King, left us a dozen years ago and placed his realm upon my hearth. I have led you these long years in peace and in power. But we are not alone in the world. The Sons of the Golden Dragon wax in the west; they will fire our homes and crush our anvils if we continue to obsess over mere gold in our vaults. Lurking south past the jungles are our cousins the Golem Makers dabble in magic and the Madman's Men grow strong. We must not merely sit and build and quarrel like hairless Elfs; we must conquer."
Most of those in the chamber now nodded; a few in the front saluted fist-to-chest with a loud shout. "Lord Kam Hodor!"
[Image: dfort2.jpg]
The speaker gave a nod, grim and serious. "The Age of Ice is long over. We will not hide in the dark any longer. Kilmorph's Womb kept us and nurtured us but we will rule far more than just some dank caves. Religion is always behind us. Nationhood is what lies before. Our Kingdom will grow by pick and by axe."
More voices of the crowd now chanted the Lord of the Caverns' name.
"Kam Hodor! Kam Hodor!"

He nodded. "Stout ranks of bronze even now harry and crush goblins in their homes south of us. The Black Fortress' constructs watch and note but do nothing; our enemies are the Men and Centaurs in the west. Our engines of war and armies will be ready when the time comes."
Some rumbling voices now took up a new call.
"King Hodor! King Hodor! King Hodor!"

"No!" The Lord of the Caverns hawked and spat. "Our King left us. We need no king. I am the First Lord of your aristocracy; I need be nothing more to lead you to victory over the surface world.
A mighty shout, a deeping roar, a basso-profundo chant raises up as the listeners hail their ruler and his vision.
"HODOR! HODOR! HODOR!"

"HODOR! HODOR! HODOR!"

"HODOR! HODOR! HODOR!"

You have the same civics screen repeated twice.
Surprise! Turns out I'm a girl!

(May 22nd, 2014, 20:50)Dp101 Wrote: You have the same civics screen repeated twice.
Fixed. Thanks!

Awesome thumbsup

Two of three readers enjoy it!

In other news, either Hiding Kneel or Sian gets barbarians who *don't* believe in orphaning fish.

Those barbs will be extra tough to take out, though, because of Odio.