As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Thanks for the hold. I'm good now. Roll at your leisure.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

Just waiting for Pindicator then. Pindicator, did you forget to end turn or are you not done yet?
I have to run.

By the way, I'd like to state that our turn-rolling rules are not really established yet.

Pause for 6 hours and then roll

is not completely compatible with

Have a lurker play as soon as possible.

From what I've seen it appears that we are using the second rule - pause until a lurker plays (or owner gets back online). I would actually propose that we redo the quiz thing, with just two options - the two above - have everyone pick just one option and see. (Perhaps add a "pause until owner gets back" option too, just to see)

It appears that the list of lurkers waiting to jump in and play to the best of their ability isn't infinite - and this is now, with turns that should take 2 minutes to end, not sure how it's gonna be when we get to the 30-minute turns.

I also don't know how many lurkers read this thread - if the number is less than the lowest prime number we might need a better way to alert lurkers whenever we have a situation.
Played: FFH PBEM XXVI (Rhoanna) FFH PBEM XXV (Shekinah) FFH PBEM XXX (Flauros) Pitboss 11 (Kublai Rome)
Playing:Pitboss 18 (Ghengis Portugal) PBEM 60 - AI start (Napoleon Inca)

Well theres definitely more than the lowest prime, not sure if there are as many as the second lowest.

This would be a good time to mention that I might be playing right up against the timer today, didn't have a chance to get in front of a computer and won't for a few hours. Should be fine though

I just logged in, and it looks like the turn rolled before MYKI and Q could play? Do we need a reload?

(May 25th, 2014, 02:51)GermanJojo Wrote: I just logged in, and it looks like the turn rolled before MYKI and Q could play? Do we need a reload?

Guys, come on! We voted for this... they didn't ask for a pause, did they? So, just let it roll...

Can someone pause so nobody plays this turn? If they don't ask for a reload in the next six hours I think we just resume.

Q and myki - does it matter that you missed last turn?

We need the turns to roll at a regular time each day. We have to change the timer. I think we need it to roll some time between the euros and those players in the asian timezones
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Q already played t56 - which means he spoiled himself for a reload, technically.

What time, UTC, would be the ideal time for turn roll?
I have to run.

I thought what we were doing was trying to pause for 6 hours, but if we didn't, then tough luck?