As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How then shall we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repeat the mistakes and glories of the past!
22.41%
13 22.41%
Wallow in bitterness and rage!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Peace out blissfully and love everyone!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Iron Terminator, Win Above All Else!
20.69%
12 20.69%
Die to Barbarians.
25.86%
15 25.86%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers]Oh Canada! Victoria has a Commodore, eh?

Commodore needs to stream a turn and delegate the job of creating posters to a lurker like Pindicator nod
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(June 4th, 2014, 16:11)Krill Wrote: Commodore needs to stream a turn and delegate the job of creating posters to a lurker like Pindicator nod

How long is it taking to play these turns?

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(June 4th, 2014, 18:06)spacetyrantxenu Wrote:
(June 4th, 2014, 16:11)Krill Wrote: Commodore needs to stream a turn and delegate the job of creating posters to a lurker like Pindicator nod
How long is it taking to play these turns?
An hour-ish? Tends to be toddler-meddled with.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(June 4th, 2014, 12:27)Whosit Wrote:
(June 4th, 2014, 11:24)Commodore Wrote: That being said, I am glossing over parts of the logistics; for instance, the transport and rail chains that result in some newborn infantry moving a good 25 tiles in a turn. I'm keyed in and aware of general doctrines, but this is all basically me winging it right now, discovering stuff that works.
So...any questions? Anything you'd like to see?
So you're doing the transport chains where you load into one, unload into another, etc.? How many transports does that take for the numbers and distances you're moving? I guess I second the F5 screen since that will show how many transports you've got.
Yep, like shown here. The 25 tile example was a road I had set up from core rail lines to Montreal, to a transport, to two more. A lot of mine are already over there now, so I'm just doing it in a few places now. I'm amassing another ~20 transports to get a proper tank army landed next.

Aforementioned toddler has an ear infection, incoming scion #2 had an ultrasound, and I have a crap ton of work so I didn't do a full city review while playing this morning, I'll try when I'm finishing up my turn tonight. Meanwhile, a little of interest, looks like Mack just moved south one turn and his just sitting there massing. Which upon reflection, is probably because this area is out of airship range in a lot of cases.

My airships massively disappointed me this turn, getting intercepted 3 out of 4 times (so all units in Briggs that could intercept, did). frown

Still, my are getting shuffled in, so twelve airships will be able to bomb the city next turn. And I've landed quite a few aging cavalry...

Say hello to the glue factory.

(June 5th, 2014, 17:51)Kofiman Wrote: Say hello to the glue factory.
Cavalry actually do pretty decently again infantry/machine guns. Particularly 80% hp ones. nod

A great general died this turn; Team Badass burned some commandoes killing Dtay's supermedic and an otherwise pretty decent filler town. They also lurched forward against a tiny border town, probably to cut off retaliatory German commando strikes.

...although if I'm counting my railroad tiles correctly, this ugly stack of murder is in range and might make Babylon pay through the nose. Ow. I guess I'm okay with it if it means Dtay burns a chunk of that ugly collateral before I make landfall.

I tried to get the motivation up to take all the many, many screenshots for my cities; I quailed for now. Here's an F1 instead!

"Why I can't build a spaceship without more hammers"

F5 shows everything but the pitiful sixteen workers. Bah, workers are for improving land, not coast!

"Commodore needs twice as much artillery"

Rounding out the informative screens, here is where my rivals are for techs!

"Viking speed is still in Mackoti's head, silly refrigeration"

Okay, one city screen...you know you want it. You know you need it. Hot hot Ottawa action!

I wish there was an way to move screenshots to something like an imgur album once you hit print screen in game automatically. Would make it so much easier to just keep updates flowing. frown

That's the least of our worries right now though...thanks for the update Commodore smile
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(June 5th, 2014, 21:31)Krill Wrote: I wish there was an way to move screenshots to something like an imgur album once you hit print screen in game automatically. Would make it so much easier to just keep updates flowing. frown

That's the least of our worries right now though...thanks for the update Commodore smile

https://imgur.com/tools

Some highlights:
https://github.com/bkeiren/EasyImgur
https://github.com/jomo/imgur-screenshot

Though yeah, really not too important. Thanks for keeping up these updates, and being an eternally reliable source of popcorn

That one destroyer has had scary levels of success, giving Dtay another GG to be used for nasty effects on down the line.

Also seen, a grim grim defensive pact.

That's all in past, though, for now, let's send in the zeppelins! Twelve do a decent pile of hurt on the draft-and-upgrade boosted garrison. Did get one ship shot down though. frown

My losses to take the city were surprisingly horrific; a ton of cavalry died without even scratching the defenders; that hill makes a hefty difference. For all that, I thankfully had reserves. My last hitter:

NICE HAUL. This is the first city I've taken that I'd describe as "nice"; Frobisher Bay here might well be a potential Versailles site.

The battle dropped me from 2nd to 4th in power, which of course means I was on the ragged neck-and-neck edge anyway. Scooter and Plako are acting like good hegemons, no "potential" defenses here.

The next remaining island captures should be less costly; Cameron is another legitimately nice city and I expect those muskets to eat upgrades too, but I can bomb the crap out of it and dump a good sixteen infantry/cavalry on land next to it; should be fine.

Icy Soul Polisher is armed with fewer infantry but a lot more shippage. This isn't at all a worrisome fleet, but I'd rather not let them escape to go be annoying.

In the end though, I need to hold a bit for repair and reinforcement. I declare the First Island Campaign: Over. And here are the spoils:

Oh Canada!
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player