As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Steam Civ4 Update

(June 7th, 2014, 12:38)Hashoosh Wrote:
(June 6th, 2014, 22:13)Barry Lyndon Wrote: That's the situation I was in too. Try restoring the original Dll and just running the new .exe

Thanks, this worked.

That's infuriating, it sounds like they just hid the direct ip mode in exe since the dll supports it.
In Soviet Russia, Civilization Micros You!

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

(June 7th, 2014, 23:50)antisocialmunky Wrote:
(June 7th, 2014, 12:38)Hashoosh Wrote:
(June 6th, 2014, 22:13)Barry Lyndon Wrote: That's the situation I was in too. Try restoring the original Dll and just running the new .exe

Thanks, this worked.

That's infuriating, it sounds like they just hid the direct ip mode in exe since the dll supports it.

Nah, it's completely unsurprising. The network code is all in the exe. There's nothing TO change in the dll.

Just noticed I got a response from Vincent too. Was expecting an email notification since I got emailed when I filed the request.

Quote:Hi,

We're deeply sorry you aren't able to play Pitboss games any more.
We greatly appreciate this feedback you have provided. We will certainly look into restoring this feature, however we can not give any estimated time frame for this. We do thank you for your suggestion, and apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.

Regards,
Vincent S.
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Hey David john,

You can used the following key for access for Civ 4 on Steam:

2WHF7-QTLLF-J78I5

Please let us know if you have any other questions that are not related or answered in the following artilce:

http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/...Technology

Best Regards
Earl M.
2K Support

----

errrr...thanks...

BTW - this update is impacting pbem games too (cannot open save due to different assets). Does swapping out the exe fix this issue too?
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

I haven't tested opening old game saves, pbem or single player. Has anyone who has swapped out the game.Exe done so and how did it turn out?

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

I would not expect swapping out only the exe to work, since there are other different asset files too, and that's what it's checking for.

Two options I can think I of here. One would be to try and replace all the files that were changes with the old steam version, though I don't think will work out for pbem. The other option is to try washing the current pbem save through the old pitboss server and turn off the check modified assets option. I can't check on either of these ideas for about twelve hours though.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(June 9th, 2014, 07:26)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: I haven't tested opening old game saves, pbem or single player. Has anyone who has swapped out the game.Exe done so and how did it turn out?

Just played my pbem 51 turn and the pb18 turn using the replaced .exe file.

Azza, do you know if that pbem game has the check modified assets option enabled or not? I think it should be visible in your F8 settings (options?) page. Haven't played pbem in a while though, I'm not sure on that one.