As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Steam Civ4 Update

Looks like Civ4 got updated on steam, a 600 MB patch. The only thing I can figure out so far is that they removed all existing multiplayer options to instead use Steamworks. Are existing multiplayer games now playable with that? Is anything else in this patch? Can it be reverted?

Steam unfortunately does not allow you to roll back versions, I remember I had to pirate Civ 4 back when I wanted to play the goofy Japanese Touhou mod because Japan had only been patched up at 3.17 at that point. I really hope we dont have to do anything silly like that just to play pitboss games.
The emptier which is the head, it's possible for many dreams to be stuffed into.

Can you select previous versions under the beta tab? I've heard this is possible but never actually done it myself
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(June 5th, 2014, 13:08)pindicator Wrote: Can you select previous versions under the beta tab? I've heard this is possible but never actually done it myself

No, the only thing on that tab is a box to fill in a beta code.

Hopefully steam will re-enable p2p capability...

That is a fucking joke.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Has anyone tried hosting a game on Steamworks? I had to go to work, can't play with this much now...

Geez, what a disaster. I own both the Steam version and a CD version somewhere so I have no problem trying to "find" a copy to play Pitboss games with. But particularly horrible is the barrier to entry this will add to potential new members of the community here.

Will there be an update to the CD version because that's all I have.
The player who loses motivation to play after the opening! crazyeye

They say that Direct IP will no longer be supported. http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/...Technology

So they removed the DirectIP option from the menu?! What happened to "this won't impact other forms of gameplay?"

EDIT: Crosspost and lol. So it looks like the good news is that those of us with disk-based BtS can request a patch for the game to enable Steamworks. Why it was necessary to combine this with the removal of DirectIP is lost on me. I guess the 'best' 'solution' is to have two versions installed?