As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How then shall we play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repeat the mistakes and glories of the past!
22.41%
13 22.41%
Wallow in bitterness and rage!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Peace out blissfully and love everyone!
15.52%
9 15.52%
Iron Terminator, Win Above All Else!
20.69%
12 20.69%
Die to Barbarians.
25.86%
15 25.86%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers]Oh Canada! Victoria has a Commodore, eh?

Does that city have more food than your entire homeland?

(June 8th, 2014, 19:54)Kofiman Wrote: Does that city have more food than your entire homeland?
Definitely! Well, not really, but hyperbole has never not served me well. Actually, Dtay is better off than I am for food but worse than almost anyone else (Slowcheetah, your tundra towns tell us who had the absolute worst alright).

Dtay is legit green but he is dismayingly educable. He was ignoring airships' potential at the start of this war, but he's amassed a decent pile now and drove back my destroyer pack with them. I suckered his monster C3 destroyer into range of two of my ships...and then the first failed to do *any* damage at all. Sigh.

I am making eyes now at New Xerxes; marines should make breaking into the mainland cake. However, there is a nasty pile of 30+ siege, mostly cannon but a fair few artillery, in range of the city still. So I'm also considering just avoiding it and landing a settler plus tons of machine guns on the cleared tip, then grinding forward that way. This land ain't purty, but it's very hammery, that's what a spaceship needs.

Either way, I'll need some Real Units. And hey, lookie what I got...

If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Ho ho ho, now I have a tank! (Fear the spear!)

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Forget battleships. That destroyer is the real Bismarck
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(June 3rd, 2014, 21:32)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: It looks like you'd like to play a nice game of naval combat. Could I interest you in a simulation? Just push this button! bump

Hey, looks like it still powers on!
[Image: 0.jpg]

OK, found my disk, check out the sweet cover art!
[Image: Strike_Fleet_Coverart.png]

Enter archaic commands...

LOAD "$",8
[Image: 117179.png]
RUN

Sick graphics. For a loading screen.
[Image: Strike_fleet_01.gif]

Find me something to kill.
[Image: ccs2.bmp]

Uh, do we have Soviet counter agents in this task force? We're shooting at our own AA missles!!!
[Image: ccs0.bmp]

Oh shit, that one's getting really close. We should probably try to shoot it down....But this is Realms Beyond, we seek greater challenges! Take it down with the deck guns, AA is for the weak (and that thing is too close to lock on anyway)!
[Image: ccs3.bmp]

That didn't end well....
[Image: StrikeFleet_Highscore_Werner.png]

Our fleet was destroyed, but hey, we dodged a court martial. SUCCESS!

Played a ton of that when I was really young, like throughout elementary school from 2nd grade on. Learned to type playing that game, you need a lot of keys to keep a fleet intact and, of course, to kill communist bastards. Has anyone else ever played it? (BGN can ignore the question, obviously, although the idea of discussing big boats being fired upon in the Atlantic probably wouldn't be too appealing to him right now. lol ). And I know this is pretty much offtopic, but hey, if Dtay can have a fun conversation about the Fire Emblem series in his thread, why not bring up a Commodore 64 naval combat game here?

Great!! Watch out for the Kursk, that's a mean bitch. Otherwise, get back in there and make a proper task force and sink those red bastards!

Commodore, as always, many thanks for the good reports. You've just helped to kill the better part of an hour at the airport. Bravo!! Good luck against those spears.

(June 9th, 2014, 10:08)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: Great!! Watch out for the Kursk, that's a mean bitch. Otherwise, get back in there and make a proper task force and sink those red bastards!

Commodore, as always, many thanks for the good reports. You've just helped to kill the better part of an hour at the airport. Bravo!! Good luck against those spears.

I actually played through a scenario last night while watching Heat vs. Spurs (sub hunting can be slow work). The DOS version of the game has two additional scenarios that we've never played, Boldly. Ran through scenario 11 without a hitch, it was way easier than previous scenarios (7 being the toughest by far!). I'll run through scenario 12 when I get a chance, will report if there's anything interesting if Commodore doesn't mind and wants additional off topic spam in his thread.

I found a game manual for a different release of the game that had text for two further scenarios, numbers 13 and 14,but I've yet to see an actual game version that had those scenarios released. Maybe I'll have to find the Apple II version and try again. lol

Oh, and everyone knows that the Kursk class Soviet destroys are only a threat because their gun range has the only reach close to your own guns' range. All other enemy class can be pew pewed from a safer distance. Obvs. neenerneener
/threadjack

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(June 9th, 2014, 10:24)spacetyrantxenu Wrote:
(June 9th, 2014, 10:08)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: Great!! Watch out for the Kursk, that's a mean bitch. Otherwise, get back in there and make a proper task force and sink those red bastards!

I actually played through a scenario last night while watching Heat vs. Spurs (sub hunting can be slow work). The DOS version of the game has two additional scenarios that we've never played, Boldly. Ran through scenario 11 without a hitch, it was way easier than previous scenarios (7 being the toughest by far!). I'll run through scenario 12 when I get a chance, will report if there's anything interesting if Commodore doesn't mind and wants additional off topic spam in his thread.

I found a game manual for a different release of the game that had text for two further scenarios, numbers 13 and 14,but I've yet to see an actual game version that had those scenarios released. Maybe I'll have to find the Apple II version and try again. lol

Oh, and everyone knows that the Kursk class Soviet destroys are only a threat because their gun range has the only reach close to your own guns' range. All other enemy class can be pew pewed from a safer distance. Obvs. neenerneener
/threadjack

There is an option to speed up time. Just go +64x or whatever and only slow to real time after you've been hit by a torpedo. Just need to have #enemysubs +1 survivor to win the scenario unless you're going for style points, swabbie.

When shall we begin a discourse of that other singular wonder of the Commodore 64, "Burning Rubber"? lol

Commodore, we will have you ahead of scooter in count/views in no time, never fear!

I used to have an old Amiga and played Lemmings. Can I join in the conversation now please?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Duh, of course I remembered about the time compression feature. And real commanders hunt the subs, not let the subs hunt them.

Krill, by all means! It could be a parallel to attacking mackoti or something. Suicide!

Old games you say?

[Image: w4IVjMT.png]

Here's a blast from probably only my past.