As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: What should we do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Defend against paratrooper invasion because we're too stalwart to die!
48.15%
13 48.15%
Die a horrible, senseless death, then hear Krill gloat about it!
51.85%
14 51.85%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pitboss 18 Lurker Thread of Infinite Wisdom

(June 23rd, 2014, 05:08)Lord Parkin Wrote: No major moves on the Pindicator-Barry front yet, though Barry seems to be missing an Axe from his capital which was there last turn.

Barry attacked out wit his axe against one of Pindicators chariots on the hill. Pindicator retaliated, killing the axe, and is now sitting on said hill.

Azza is kind of a terrorist, isn't he? "Accept my stupidly positioned pink dot or else I'll blow myself and you up!"

I really like Pindicator's chances here if Cyneheard doesn't take full advantage. But it does look like Cyneheard, rusty but a legit veteran, is taking the lion's share of the Egyptian/Chinese borderland.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(June 23rd, 2014, 08:23)Commodore Wrote: I really like Pindicator's chances here if Cyneheard doesn't take full advantage. But it does look like Cyneheard, rusty but a legit veteran, is taking the lion's share of the Egyptian/Chinese borderland.

Cyneheard may get a good chunk, but Pin certainly isn't turning a blind eye on that front. I actually think Dtay could benefit heavily too. Barry's unsettled coastal lands are probably dtay's easiest expansion vector, and if he takes 3-4 strong cities on that continent, Pin will never have enough land to really challenge him. Combined with the rock solid cultural border he and krill set up to the south, he could pretty easily end up with the *safest* extra half-empire of any on murderers row.

(June 23rd, 2014, 00:49)dtay Wrote:

The revis border pop will also satisfyingly give me culture on the adjacent i-think-continent, for possible colonization in the medium-near future.

Re: Azza. yep! I even overstepped a bit in his thread, asking if he though mardoc would just give up seven rows of empty tiles... he didnt seem to think that was an unreasonable thing to expect.

Turn 81

Whosit razes the barbarian city and resettles his own nearby. Now we wait to see what move Cheater Hater makes.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5756.JPG]

Finharry: why have (x) cities when you could have (x+1)! This will be #10 for them.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5753.JPG]

Mardoc isn't missing a beat... he spots Azza's little stack. Both are still in enforced peace, though not for much longer.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5754.JPG]

No movement yet from Pindicator's troops.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5757.JPG]

Ruff deals with his barb Spear.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5750.JPG]

Another barb Spear pops up near Molach again.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5751.JPG]

BGN's Galley approaches Nakor... just exploring?

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5752.JPG]
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

One thing I realised recently is that with all these islands, the lurker civ will never be able to see most offshore cities. After all, we have no boats to transport our Great Spies anywhere.

(Hmm, as an idea for the future, it'd be neat if Great Spies could stowaway on boats. They'd have to not take up a cargo space so the player transporting them would be completely unaware of their presence. And of course the stowaway player would have no control over where they were going, nor any idea when they'd be able to unload.)
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

And then the boat sinks...?

I did mention at the beginning that we should have been given a stealth bomber.

Where did the mod end up on map trading, could the civs just give their maps to the lurker?

Or a civ could gift a city to the lurker and back to establish visibility.

Or DLL hackery could give the lurker civ some boats.

(June 24th, 2014, 00:46)NobleHelium Wrote: And then the boat sinks...?

I guess that'd be part of the risk. wink Or if you didn't care for realism, the stowaway Great Spy could simply teleport to the nearest revealed land tile.

(June 24th, 2014, 00:46)NobleHelium Wrote: I did mention at the beginning that we should have been given a stealth bomber.

Can air units rebase to other players' cities though? Been a while since I've tried it, can't recall.

(June 24th, 2014, 00:47)T-hawk Wrote: Where did the mod end up on map trading, could the civs just give their maps to the lurker?

Might be at Paper? That would be a decent option, though problematic with all the diplo screens unless the pause issue has been fixed. Also have to be careful never to offer our map to anyone. tongue

(June 24th, 2014, 00:47)T-hawk Wrote: Or a civ could gift a city to the lurker and back to establish visibility.

Eh, too much trouble, especially for cities that have existed for a while which would lose food/production.

(June 24th, 2014, 00:47)T-hawk Wrote: Or DLL hackery could give the lurker civ some boats.

Could be fun, though maybe again a bit much trouble. Hopefully map trading is an option.
Lord Parkin

(June 24th, 2014, 02:30)Lord Parkin Wrote: Can air units rebase to other players' cities though? Been a while since I've tried it, can't recall.

Yes, with Open Borders. They can even rebase to a city whose tile is unreveraled. Click to rebase, and mouse around in the darkness until the pointer lights up indicating a valid rebase target.

(June 24th, 2014, 09:22)T-hawk Wrote:
(June 24th, 2014, 02:30)Lord Parkin Wrote: Can air units rebase to other players' cities though? Been a while since I've tried it, can't recall.

Yes, with Open Borders.

That's right, I vaguely recall something about that. Doesn't it also use up limited aircraft slots for the player you rebase to?

(June 24th, 2014, 09:22)T-hawk Wrote: They can even rebase to a city whose tile is unreveraled. Click to rebase, and mouse around in the darkness until the pointer lights up indicating a valid rebase target.

That's a neat trick, never tried that. Guess it's not often relevant by the time you've got aircraft, usually you've already traded maps to reveal most of the world.
Lord Parkin