As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Sent a message to Caledorn asking him to lengthen the turn timer.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Just Four minutes left Furungy, try pausing when you're thinking.
I have to run.

Played and paused. Thanks for patience.

Zanth is only remaining play to play turn and Parkin has logged in to Zanth but not ended turn.

Do I let the turn roll, or does Zanth need more of his turn playing?

EDIT: Zanth turn not played as of yet, LP not logged in this turn to play for Zanth, that is relic form last turn.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Yeah, Zanth's turn hasn't been played, and it's unclear to me whether Xenu is done playing or not.
I have to run.

I'm done, I'm pretty sure I ended turn. If I didn't then that was a mistake, but I'm totally done with the turn. I stopped playing part way through the turn (domestic moves finished only at that point) when people started trying to log in. I know I play slowly so it seemed easier to get out and let them play before finishing my turn. Sorry for the confusion.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(July 30th, 2014, 08:23)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: I'm totally done with the turn.

I think we all are.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to drop the idea of one turn per day while we have these troubles with everyone suddenly bouncing off one another. Just throwing the idea out here to see what people think.
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

It's definitely not fair for players to miss a turn for a technical reason. And given war turn splits that means people may not be able to play in a suitable period of time without a traffic jam like we had at the end of last turn. I'd hesitate to extend the timer because that encourages people to delay playing. Maybe we hold extending the timer as the reserve action if this becomes an ongoing trends? I do like having a turn to play every day though and would rather not give that up until absolutely necessary.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

I just reset every part of the equipment chain, from the server to the fibre optic modem. The problem I encounter with the Pitboss windows freezing for 30 seconds after I select Direct IP did not resolve. I can attempt to uninstall the Windows Updates, but I'd rather not as some of them are critical updates. If anyone has any ideas, please share (the only two changes are those updates, and the IP address - and the latter seems a highly improbable cause in my head, since it is only the external IP and everything on the inside is set up to deal with a change of external IP seamlessly).
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"