As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] joey and scooter's thread: FUN THINGS ONLY

UGHHHHHH

[Image: tUx3YQW.jpg]

revolted a second time = flipped. rant i have forces to retake it next turn sitting there, but i demanded it back from oxy on the trade screen so that we don't fuck up our trade routes. it was like, just a couple turns from expanding its borders. shakehead im not sure he's even allowed to give it back to me by rules of the game though. whatever, i'll just get some free XP on my cats, as stupid as this is.

bacchus took peace but then replanted his city in the exact same spot. great move, dude, its definitely not like i still have tons of units and ships in the area. smoke

It says no city gifting. Oxy cannot give the city back to you. You couldn't even legally demand the city from him.

But then he's allowed to accept the culture flip? Didn't you say last time that the city couldn't flip to begin with? Don't post in my thread again.

Why are you asking me questions then telling me not to post in your thread?

I'm not asking you shit and I'm tired of your "terse lurker" troll gimmick or whatever it is. Go post your intentionally misleading bullshit in someone else's thread.

(August 19th, 2014, 03:06)GermanJojo Wrote: But then he's allowed to accept the culture flip? Didn't you say last time that the city couldn't flip to begin with?

Well, if these are rhetorical questions and not actual questions, I feel obliged to respond to them as they're blatantly incorrect.

A culture flip is not a city gift. Did you choose to transfer the city to him? No. Therefore it is not a gift. Not to mention that city gifting is understood to mean offering or demanding the city using the trade screen, and having the other party accept.

At no point did I comment about the possibility of the city flipping. In fact I posted this:

(August 2nd, 2014, 00:37)NobleHelium Wrote: The city tile has Community culture on it, the iron tile does not.

I said that the city tile has Oxy's culture on it, therefore I implied that the city could flip. A city only flips if its city tile has foreign culture on it. So while I did not comment about the possibility of the city flipping, I did make a statement from which it logically follows that the city could flip. I certainly did not say that the city cannot flip.

But no need to worry, I will probably not attempt to clarify the rules for you in the future. And I will certainly not try to explain any game mechanics further, even though I expect you will be confused when Oxy retains control over the iron tile while your reconquered city is in revolt and then claim that that is inconsistent with what I've said about tile culture.

That is really unfortunate how no diplo city trading turned out. I know people objected there will be problems with such inflexible rule but always not fun to see when such predictions turn out to be true. At least you seem somewhat in position to deal with it. frown

(August 20th, 2014, 18:38)NobleHelium Wrote:
(August 19th, 2014, 03:06)GermanJojo Wrote: But then he's allowed to accept the culture flip? Didn't you say last time that the city couldn't flip to begin with?

Well, if these are rhetorical questions and not actual questions, I feel obliged to respond to them as they're blatantly incorrect.

A culture flip is not a city gift. Did you choose to transfer the city to him? No. Therefore it is not a gift. Not to mention that city gifting is understood to mean offering or demanding the city using the trade screen, and having the other party accept.

At no point did I comment about the possibility of the city flipping. In fact I posted this:

(August 2nd, 2014, 00:37)NobleHelium Wrote: The city tile has Community culture on it, the iron tile does not.

I said that the city tile has Oxy's culture on it, therefore I implied that the city could flip. A city only flips if its city tile has foreign culture on it. So while I did not comment about the possibility of the city flipping, I did make a statement from which it logically follows that the city could flip. I certainly did not say that the city cannot flip.

But no need to worry, I will probably not attempt to clarify the rules for you in the future. And I will certainly not try to explain any game mechanics further, even though I expect you will be confused when Oxy retains control over the iron tile while your reconquered city is in revolt and then claim that that is inconsistent with what I've said about tile culture.

Yes, like a true pencil-dicked bureaucrat your explanation was indeed technically correct, as of course I see now, despite implying the opposite when I explicitly asked if this was something I needed to worry about. Having experienced the truth, I do not expect to reclaim the iron until I rebuild the barracks and gain my first ring expansion.

I don't want you "clarifying" any more rules or anything else. To be explicit, get your smug ass the fuck outta here, thanks.

(August 20th, 2014, 19:16)Hesmyrr Wrote: That is really unfortunate how no diplo city trading turned out. I know people objected there will be problems with such inflexible rule but always not fun to see when such predictions turn out to be true. At least you seem somewhat in position to deal with it. frown

I hope so. I'll be in caste in ~8 turns, and should be able to hold the iron with a barracks + artist after the first ring border pop in Chicken Coop (with a 4th-ring expansion in Carnival in 5 turns helping to fortify the city tile).

More unfortunate is that my trade routes with Oxy are fucked. While I still have all my routes filled with ICTR, Oxy and I both have huge cities worth tons of $$$, and without that big cash money coming to both of us it'll be tougher to maintain the peace with tensions being so high. Need to get some longbows out...

(August 20th, 2014, 03:11)GermanJojo Wrote: I'm not asking you shit and I'm tired of your "terse lurker" troll gimmick or whatever it is. Go post your intentionally misleading bullshit in someone else's thread.

Im to blame for misleading you as well... I think a lot of people will be surprised to see that this is possible when they see your thread. Sorry for the bad info.

Silver lining, this will be linked in other threads in the future for culture questions.