As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Unexpected RL complications - I had to pause for myself. I will play shortly, within a couple of hours.
I have to run.

Played, and turn rolled.
I have to run.

Molach is blocking me from logging in and I need to sleep, so I'll try to get to my turn ASAP tomorrow morning for everyone who's behind me in a turn split.

(October 3rd, 2014, 10:03)Azza Wrote: Molach is blocking me from logging in and I need to sleep, so I'll try to get to my turn ASAP tomorrow morning for everyone who's behind me in a turn split.

You may need to update your hosts file, Azza.

(September 27th, 2014, 08:16)novice Wrote: Update!

To simplify his hosting environment, Caledorn will no longer be hosting a NatNeg server, so we ask everybody to start using Zulan's NatNeg server instead. As a bonus, it has considerably better historical uptime. You need to update your hosts file with a new IP address, the new address is 148.251.130.188. See the opening post of this thread for more detailed instructions.

If you don't update your hosts file, you will again start experiencing bounces with everybody. Caledorn's NatNeg server is currently down, and will not be restarted.

Thanks for your understanding!
I have to run.

Ok, I have the mod and the information I need from Dhalpir, but I'm not sure how to connect to the game-- I have no Direct IP Connection option in my multiplayer menu (running Steam version)

(October 3rd, 2014, 23:06)agent427 Wrote: Ok, I have the mod and the information I need from Dhalpir, but I'm not sure how to connect to the game-- I have no Direct IP Connection option in my multiplayer menu (running Steam version)

This should help:

http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=7033

(October 3rd, 2014, 23:06)agent427 Wrote: Ok, I have the mod and the information I need from Dhalpir, but I'm not sure how to connect to the game-- I have no Direct IP Connection option in my multiplayer menu (running Steam version)

You need to opt into a certain version of the game under the Beta settings in the game properties. The link in the post above by Gawdzak should outline it.
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?

I'm being bounced by Harry - I've updated my hosts file, but still can't get through. Edit: resolved.

(October 2nd, 2014, 04:49)Krill Wrote: Hope everything is well with you Q.

Thanks Krill. It looks like it will all be fine after all, but it was touch and go for a while there. (My sister rolled her car on black ice, but is recovering.)
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

(October 3rd, 2014, 10:18)novice Wrote:
(October 3rd, 2014, 10:03)Azza Wrote: Molach is blocking me from logging in and I need to sleep, so I'll try to get to my turn ASAP tomorrow morning for everyone who's behind me in a turn split.

You may need to update your hosts file, Azza.

(September 27th, 2014, 08:16)novice Wrote: Update!

To simplify his hosting environment, Caledorn will no longer be hosting a NatNeg server, so we ask everybody to start using Zulan's NatNeg server instead. As a bonus, it has considerably better historical uptime. You need to update your hosts file with a new IP address, the new address is 148.251.130.188. See the opening post of this thread for more detailed instructions.

If you don't update your hosts file, you will again start experiencing bounces with everybody. Caledorn's NatNeg server is currently down, and will not be restarted.

Thanks for your understanding!

I was able to connect fine to Xenu this morning, so I assume I've got my hosts file working right.

Azza, since we were able to be connected at the same time I expect your settings are correct. Although our NatNeg replacement is awesome it only replaced the previous negotiation server functionality, there may still be times like before where two people can't connect simultaneously for some reason. Or maybe Molach needs to update his hosts file. Or it's possible there is something else in the configuration of your network, or Molach's, preventing a connection, which may be beyond either of your control.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon