As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

I'm logged in and unpaused, and repaused after 10 seconds. Post here or hit me up on chat to coordinate. novice.rb at gmail.

EDIT: Never mind, I see you're playing. Good luck making the best of the seconds you have available. smile
I have to run.

I've been getting into the habit of stagger-playing even when offline nowadays, no biggie. Especially with my score.
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13

(October 22nd, 2014, 09:08)Caledorn in his tech thread Wrote: I am taking all games down in preparation for a rather big surprise for everyone. Everything will be saved, and should be back in a few hours.

I am going to guess that his really big surprise is that he is moving all hosting to the cloud (eg Amazon) so that it isn't impacted by toasters, thunderstorms or random plug pulling incidents.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

OP updated.

New server address is
pitboss.watto.no:2058

Game tracker address:
http://pitboss.watto.no

I am travelling - back Fri evening (GMT-5). I don't expect that will put me hard up against an EOT time limit.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

Had some internet issues, hopefully third time's the charm..Sorry for delaying turn.
Played: FFH PBEM XXVI (Rhoanna) FFH PBEM XXV (Shekinah) FFH PBEM XXX (Flauros) Pitboss 11 (Kublai Rome)
Playing:Pitboss 18 (Ghengis Portugal) PBEM 60 - AI start (Napoleon Inca)

Not sure it wasn't on my end, but 5 times "transferring game data..." failed, (the bar got colored green to various degrees) then "lost connection to host".
Sixth time worked though, and it has rolled.
Played: FFH PBEM XXVI (Rhoanna) FFH PBEM XXV (Shekinah) FFH PBEM XXX (Flauros) Pitboss 11 (Kublai Rome)
Playing:Pitboss 18 (Ghengis Portugal) PBEM 60 - AI start (Napoleon Inca)

I'm not going to get around to playing this turn. Anyone after me in a turn split don't wait for me, just go.

Something wonky's going on between me and the server--the connection was really laggy, and it didn't register me ending turn even though I did. I'll try to get in sometime to actually end it, but in the meantime you can play xenu smile

I'll need a pause this turn. I don't have time to play most of the turn tonight, won't be back in front of a computer until tomorrow morning, probably around when the timer would expire. If someone could make sure I have plenty* of time left I'd appreciate it. CH's previous post notwithstanding, the timer was under 24 hours before my part of the turn came around.

*An hour or more remaining would be nice.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon