As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Zanth's thread

aaaaaand some pics
Let the blood spill
[Image: WAR.png]
And logs
[Image: new_war_1.png]
[Image: new_war_2.png]
[Image: new_war_3.png]
Please visit my game: AlaePB1 | PitBoss 17

-434k soldiers per this blitz attack at a cost of 55k, nearly ten times less
Please visit my game: AlaePB1 | PitBoss 17

I think that earns the hammer smiley. biggrin

In other news: Furj logged in and took a city from Mardoc. After consideration, I think that I don't really like this development. Granted, we will be relieved from pressure on the western borders but it will be also true for 2metra's east. Also we are not able to help Furj and without our aid Mardoc will tear him apart.

OK, 4 cities burned by Furungy which are almost 200 points worth. I don't know what he is thinking, may be he just wants the game to end.
There are two ways in which we can react to this. First, we can turn off research and master a fleet in south. If we are able to deal swift and powerful blow, it may be enough to force concession. Second option is to switch most cities to wealth/research and try to make a leap to Tanks/Bombers.

Sorry for lack of reporting but I don't really understand why this game is still not finished. I burned Edirne which hold Kremlin, hope that it would make Mardoc surrender at last.
Btw, Mardoc actions were quite strange. He blocked the path to the city with Destroyers which clearly indicates that he was aware of danger but he didn't bother to upgrade something like 10 warriors/axes into Infantry, though he had gold. If he did this, my attack wouldn't have happened.

(October 29th, 2014, 16:56)Gavagai Wrote: Sorry for lack of reporting but I don't really understand why this game is still not finished. I burned Edirne which hold Kremlin, hope that it would make Mardoc surrender at last.
Btw, Mardoc actions were quite strange. He blocked the path to the city with Destroyers which clearly indicates that he was aware of danger but he didn't bother to upgrade something like 10 warriors/axes into Infantry, though he had gold. If he did this, my attack wouldn't have happened.

Xenu asked me to take a quick check on concession offers by other players. I have knowledge of everyone except 2metra having offered to concede and 2metra never updates. Since Xenu has been defacto admin for this game and has been keeping a fairly close look at things, and since he asked me to double-check that everyone who reasonably had a shot at winning had conceded, which they have done, I've got some good news for you guys. You win. I've made a post in the tech thread declaring the game for you.

Congratulations! hatsoff

Now how about a report showing how badly you have mauled 2metra so I don't get pelted with criticism for calling the game early. Thanks!! shades

Congratulations guys, you played one hell of a game!!! Thanks for all the great reporting, its been a lot of fun to watch. thumbsup

(October 29th, 2014, 21:15)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: Now how about a report showing how badly you have mauled 2metra so I don't get pelted with criticism for calling the game early. Thanks!! shades

I will try to post some picks later. From 2metra we took all former-Dutch land and a couple of his native cities and after that we reached a stalemate. He had a stack of about 60 Cuirs, which he started to upgrade into Cavalry. We could have engaged it but he would have an option to maneuver it around our army if we advanced forward and attack our newly acquired territory. So we preferred to terrorize him from seas burning random cities.

Congrats, guys for the solid play and impressive win.

(October 29th, 2014, 21:15)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote:
(October 29th, 2014, 16:56)Gavagai Wrote: Sorry for lack of reporting but I don't really understand why this game is still not finished. I burned Edirne which hold Kremlin, hope that it would make Mardoc surrender at last.

Xenu asked me to take a quick check on concession offers by other players. I have knowledge of everyone except 2metra having offered to concede and 2metra never updates. Since Xenu has been defacto admin for this game and has been keeping a fairly close look at things, and since he asked me to double-check that everyone who reasonably had a shot at winning had conceded, which they have done, I've got some good news for you guys. You win. I've made a post in the tech thread declaring the game for you.

Congratulations! hatsoff

Now how about a report showing how badly you have mauled 2metra so I don't get pelted with criticism for calling the game early. Thanks!! shades

smile Yeah, had 3-4 games with massive modern or end-game wars lately and had no really time to report, nor something to brag with unfortunately, so excuse me not reporting. About concession, it is just me being overly optimist waiting to see a game where guys will actually fight the runaway civ when it is due instead of just sitting around or fighting small selfish pointless wars. I agree it was 100% the right time for concession, even quite late if other players were not showing a sign they will actually fight Zanth/Gavagai.

Well done once again Zanth/Gavagai thumbsup