As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

(December 24th, 2014, 17:37)Dreylin Wrote: FWIW, Gavagai played PB22 earlier today...

I stand corrected, partially. There may be a turn split preventing WLP from playing yet.

As I said last week, I'll be away and out of civ contact after about noon tomorrow, about 18h from now. After this time I'll be gone until approximately 12/31.

(December 24th, 2014, 17:49)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: After this time I'll be gone until approximately 12/31.

Fine by me.

(December 24th, 2014, 17:44)Ruff_Hi Wrote: My PC's Corsair H60 is dead. Replacement CPU cooler ordered. Expected delivery date is Dec 31.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

The next 8 days or so are always dead days anyway.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Sorry guys, I was away for a few days without a Windows computer. I should be able to play tomorrow morning (~8 hours) and then shouldn't hold up the game again until Christmas 2015 (lol?)

Sorry guys, but I have to ask for a reload.
Mackoti played for Wetbandit after I played my turn (because Wetbandit could not play his turn).
I assumed Wetbandit would not play this turn but the next and made my moves with that in mind.

Wetbandit agrees with the reload, so can we make this happen?

Thanks!

So Nakor, Wetbandit (or Mack) and Krill would need to replay. It looks like Krill had some combat this turn - would a re-load be a problem for you Krill?

(December 27th, 2014, 03:51)Nakor Wrote: Sorry guys, but I have to ask for a reload.
Mackoti played for Wetbandit after I played my turn (because Wetbandit could not play his turn).
I assumed Wetbandit would not play this turn but the next and made my moves with that in mind.

Wetbandit agrees with the reload, so can we make this happen?

Thanks!
and next turn you will play first ?(because otherwise will be no diference)Very generous of wetbandit if that is true.

(December 27th, 2014, 03:51)Nakor Wrote: I assumed Wetbandit would not play this turn but the next and made my moves with that in mind.

Wait what? Why would you make this assumption? I do not see Wetbandit posting about it in this thread, and see him asking for his turn to be played in the PFYT thread. I don't see any reason why his turn wouldn't be played

Sorry, but on the information available so far, I'm against a reload

I'll need a better consensus than this to process a reload. Any other involved parties please chime in. Specifically Wetbandit and Krovice...

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Here is our correspondence:

21st of Dec
Nakor,

I'm having trouble staying connected to the game, I'm trying to get a helper to play the turn. Sorry for any inconvenience.

23rd of Dec
I have to play now, Wetbandit, it's been a long time. You still haven't ended turn...

Nakor,

Please go ahead. I should have posted on tech but I've been trying to get a lurker to play. I'm having computer trouble and am unable to play. Sorry for the trouble.

26th of Dec
I saw you had Mackoti play after me. Have we switched turn orders now?

Cheers,
Nakor

Nakor,

It definitely was not intentional. I think he responded to my post in the pyft thread and played unaware of the turn split.

To be very fair, I imagine you moved with the expectation that I would not be able to move in response. I think that it is very reasonable to ask for a reload and I wouldn't contest it.

I'm not trying to game the system. I've had this technical issue which I can't control while I'm out of town. That's clearly not your problem so you shouldn't suffer for it.

I'd say let's ask for a reload and keep the turn split as it is. I won't move upon the reload. What do you think?

Sounds like a good plan, Wetbandit.
Will you ask for the reload?

Merry Xmas!
Nakor

27th of Dec
Nakor,

I just got home after a longer than expected travel day. Can you request the reload? I'll be happy to sign off on it and hell you can even quote my earlier PMs for support.

Thanks,
WB

So... okay?[/align]