As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

(January 8th, 2015, 15:30)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: Looks like Gavagai last visited the forum yesterday. Want to give him or a kind lurker another, say, six hours or so and then let it roll?

Has anyone even tried contacting him? He's been playing PB22 pretty regularly, so he is certainly around and playing.

And as if by magic the turn rolled.

Here's a thought - it looks like he's observing a turn split (really if you aren't at war then just play asap - its really obnoxious to always want to roll the turn, the game is too big to have people doing that) so if anyone thinks that it's with them can they PM him when they finish playing?

In any case can we agree no more pauses without a request?

This is the part that annoys me, that other games are moving along and we wait for the same player regularly.

Was Gavagai previously at war? And then there's this:

Code:
Thu Jan 08 16:12:35 2015   Gavagai   Turn 179   Disconnected
Thu Jan 08 16:12:05 2015   Gavagai   Turn 179   END TURN

[all of the score changes between turns]

Thu Jan 08 16:08:14 2015   Turn 179    A new turn has begun. It is now turn 179.
Thu Jan 08 16:08:03 2015   Gavagai     Turn 178   END TURN
Thu Jan 08 16:00:59 2015   mackoti     Turn 178   Disconnected
Thu Jan 08 16:00:59 2015   mackoti     Turn 178   Score decreased from 587 to 576
Thu Jan 08 16:00:59 2015   Gavagai     Turn 178   Connected
Thu Jan 08 07:07:29 2015   mackoti     Turn 178   END TURN
Thu Jan 08 07:04:03 2015   mackoti     Turn 178   Connected

Usually I won't just do this in public but since Gavagai won't comment in this thread I want someone who knows what is going on to clarify things. Was Gavagai at war previously with dazed/mackoti and forced into the second half of the timer? If this is the case, him holding the turn is largely due to the delay in having to wait on mack to play. If Gavagai was not previously at war then it looks like he camped the timer to play after dazed/mackoti and has not set up a three way turn split (at least, I don't know who else is potentially involved). Last, it appears that Gavagai has double moved since he attacked dazed/mackoti EoT 178 and has now ended turn 179 already. I don't know whether units have been moved or if this is just a precaution against holding the turn, but I would like some communication with the rest of us because it looks bad to me.

If someone can fill in the gaps and let us know that the players involved have either sorted things out between themselves for turn splits and communicate that to us, it would be greatly appreciated. It annoys me to have to make a post like this.

You're misreading the log. It's an artifact caused by the game being paused when Mackoti logged out.
I have to run.

(January 8th, 2015, 16:48)Old Harry Wrote: And as if by magic the turn rolled.

Here's a thought - it looks like he's observing a turn split (really if you aren't at war then just play asap - its really obnoxious to always want to roll the turn, the game is too big to have people doing that) so if anyone thinks that it's with them can they PM him when they finish playing?

In any case can we agree no more pauses without a request?

Gavagai played the new turn already so I don't think he's in a turn split.
I have to run.

Well spotted. Looks like tonight isn't a good night for reading civstats...

What novice said. Mack's score decreased for any number of valid reasons during his turn but his pausing the game prevented the portal from updating at the time. When Gavagai later logged in and unpaused the game that allowed the portal to display the score changes Mack had caused earlier during his play session.

Edit: I didn't preview so this is a cross post with novice's first reply.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(January 8th, 2015, 17:23)Old Harry Wrote: Well spotted. Looks like tonight isn't a good night for reading civstats...

On the other hand... rejoice, a new turn is among us! lol

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

I'm glad there is no double move. The point remains that players ought to communicate when they have a need for more time. I support OH's position. If you need time, make a request. If you don't make a request, be happy eating the lost turn. I'd like this game to end sometime this year if at all possible.

Sorry for any lack of tact. I've just had it up to *here* with people repeatedly doing the same shit and holding up the game.

Well a heads up then. I don't Imagine I will be able to play my turn split until Saturday afternoon. But short of a catastrophe I can make it then.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18