As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Hey guys, just a heads up in case you detect any strange behavior when connecting to the pitboss server. Caledorn set up a Dropbox account on the server for me and I configured it so that Dropbox would be able to suck up saves from the various pitboss instances and sync them to the Dropbox servers. Normally that kind of process wouldn't take up much upstream bandwidth but the first synchronization may take a bit longer as there is a bandwidth throttle configured for upstream Dropbox traffic. This setup shouldn't impact performance in the hosted games, but if it does I can disable the Dropbox service, just let me know.

This isn't really a necessary feature since Caledorn gets twice daily backups but it's free and you can't have too many backups. If for some reason the server bites it hard and can't be restored quickly we can quickly get a game save over to a backup host (hello Sunrise! lol ) if that's an option. Anything to keep our daily Civ fix going, eh? nod

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Out of curiosity, for any players who have already been eliminated. Have you still been receiving emails from the portal about the arrival of new turns? That can be fixed. I would find it a galling and frequent reminder of my failure. neenerneener

Let me know if you want your email address removed (better yet, PM which email address is yours, in case I can't figure it out).

@Novice or anyone else who knows who helped build it, these are all in the mailer.config (whatever it's named) file under the Pitboss\2058-RBPB18\Mailer path, right? (And there aren't other changes necessary elsewhere? And I wouldn't break anything by making that recipient update? I'd rather not break the mailer, although it looks pretty straightforward what's happening there it's better to ask.)

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Removing my email from it would be appreciated. Should be fairly easy to figure out what mine is.

Heads up for players: I'm swapping over to night shifts for the next month now. That means that my regular turn play window is changing to 1700-1830 GMT each day. I can play later on my days off if that's helpful but I'm not able to play in the mornings after work, so for half of the time if I can't play in that window I'd need a 24 hour pause to play the turn the next day.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(January 30th, 2015, 23:03)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: @Novice or anyone else who knows who helped build it, these are all in the mailer.config (whatever it's named) file under the Pitboss\2058-RBPB18\Mailer path, right? (And there aren't other changes necessary elsewhere? And I wouldn't break anything by making that recipient update? I'd rather not break the mailer, although it looks pretty straightforward what's happening there it's better to ask.)

Yeah it's as easy as it looks.
I have to run.

Thanks for the game, guys! It was fun while it lasted...

(February 1st, 2015, 05:00)Nakor Wrote: Thanks for the game, guys! It was fun while it lasted...

Thanks for playing!
I have to run.

GG!
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

GG Nakor!

GG Nakor. Thanks for the fight! See you in the afterlife. toast