As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

What I would love to lurk..

I'd be pretty interested in a vet game of some sort, among other things. No time for a while though.

(April 10th, 2015, 12:37)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: Every day she asks me how much longer it's going to continue. I can't say I blame her, it's been a loooooonnnnngggggg game.

smoke
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(April 10th, 2015, 16:34)Krill Wrote:
(April 10th, 2015, 12:37)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: Every day she asks me how much longer it's going to continue. I can't say I blame her, it's been a loooooonnnnngggggg game.

smoke

Fuck you, man.

(April 10th, 2015, 12:37)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: Semi-bump. I'd like to see this stay near the top because I think we can make some more interesting games. I'd be interested in another massive game but I don't think I'd tackle it solo again, or even as a primary turn player. It takes too much of my time and my wife hates me for it. Every day she asks me how much longer it's going to continue. I can't say I blame her, it's been a loooooonnnnngggggg game.

Tier list:

1. OH
2-10. The rest of RB
11. Other civ sites (non-RB'ers viewing this, make a profile, join our site, play our games. Then you automatically fill spots 2-10. Yes, I know this is garbage. This is hostile recruitment.)
12. Fintourist.

This is what you get for asking for a tier list. neenerneener

lol Without me holding him back, OH would have celebrated a conquest victory in PB18 by turn 150... mischief

Btw, I'm honored to share the achievement of being named as the lone worst player in a tier list with Darrell nod
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Lead boots is a distinction of some prize.

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(April 12th, 2015, 10:21)Krill Wrote: Lead boots is a distinction of some prize.

Well, some us just need to get along with smaller recognition..
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Been thinking about how to make a map for 50 players, and how to even roll the civs for that many people. There would have to be duplicates due to only being 34 civs in teh game. Only method I've come up with is splitting the player base into 2 or 3 groups and then either running the random pairings with rejection pick method, or doing 3 separate snake picks.

I suppose the reason I'm posting is: lot's of people seem to hate change, or duplicates, but does that sounds unreasonable? Any problems with those pick methods?

I'm fairly sure that after PB18 dies there is likely to be another large PB game started at some point. I know I'd play again if the map wasn't horrendous.

50 player Mirrorland. SO no one can complain about relative land quality.

Fuck you Brick. Fuck you.

25 different duel maps. With Stargates for the survivor of each duel.

Seriously...? Maybe build a smaller map so that you don't have to balance so many tiles, and then mirror (or scrambled mirrors) that region X number of times for however many players it is. So if it's 50 players maybe roll a map big enough for 10 players and get the balance right on that, and then copy that section into the bigger map canvas, but scrambled enough so that the terrain isn't obviously from a mirrored base, and do that five times to get to the required number of starts? Still a lot of work and hard to get right though. And obviously won't insulate the map maker from murderous player rage about any imperfections.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon