As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Caledorn has graciously helped me troubleshoot for the last hour or so but we are no nearer to a solution. The banjo-playing, cousin-courting hell that I currently am visiting would allow me another fresh download for re-installation by sometime tomorrow afternoon (assuming I start right now). The upshot of this is that I am unlikely to get this tech issue resolved and won't play until I'm home again on Wednesday. I'm not sure what else to do at this point. If anyone wants to try to wrangle playing this turn, post in my thread and I'll give some instructions. Or find me on gchat. boldlygoingnowhererb at google electronic mail provider thing dot com.

Edit: Obligatory apology for holding up the game. Every time I visit here there is a tech issue that gets thoroughly attended to, resolved, and turn played. By the next visit, adolescent siblings have ruined the OS or otherwise caused need for a complete overhaul and there are apparently lots of things that I just don't know how to do. A clean installation would sort this out but the lack of bandwidth here is appalling. Sorry guys.

I'll play your turn...just don't know how it would actually help me frown
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(July 20th, 2015, 02:25)Krill Wrote: I'll play your turn...just don't know how it would actually help me frown

I'm not sure it actually helps me either, but I've played. Lurkers left to play (srsly?), 2:15h remaining. Obviously I did not pause.

For Krill:

bow

For Lurkers:

Good luck!! Commissar

I had asked in the lurker thread for someone else to end the turn, but apparently that didn't happen. I've rolled the turn and ended the new one, too. Totally double moved Krill, who has somehow managed to land units on the lurker island despite me covering all the tiles to block the paratroopers. Anyone got an explanation for how that happened? I didn't see anything in the combat log showing any warriors dying so the tiles should have all still been covered.

Anyway, Krill, I sent you an offer in game. In case the text gets left out the summary is that if you raze the lurker city I'll reload the game, which is probably going to be horribly inconvenient to someone or another in terms of combats since there are multiple players at war. I know you're having your fun and all but it isn't time for this yet. Also, I don't play much modern war so I don't know air power mechanics too well, but if you're farming fighter XP by continually bombarding the lurker warriors that's a bit exploitative and should also stop.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

So if I keep the city the game doesn't need to be reloaded?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

goes without saying keeping the city won't work.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Why can't he keep the city?

What is the point of attacking the lurker civ, in any case? I mean, I get that it has nothing to do with the game and that, at this point, the actions of most players will have no affect on who launches their SS first, which is how I presume this game ends.
Completed:  PBEM 34g (W), 36 , 35 , 5o, 34s, 5p, 42, 48 and PB 9, 18, 27, 57

Current:  PB 52.  Boudicca of Maya

(July 23rd, 2015, 07:24)AutomatedTeller Wrote: What is the point of attacking the lurker civ, in any case?

Fun. Lurkers demand blood, lurkers can donate blood...

Unless there is an actual, in-game consequence to murdering you lot?

(July 23rd, 2015, 09:31)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote:
(July 23rd, 2015, 07:24)AutomatedTeller Wrote: What is the point of attacking the lurker civ, in any case?

Fun. Lurkers demand blood, lurkers can donate blood...

You should see the state of the Lurker thread at the moment.... hammer

(July 23rd, 2015, 09:31)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: Unless there is an actual, in-game consequence to murdering you lot?

The potential EP contribution of the city if kept is what most are concerned about. Raze of the city is considered acceptable by some, but not by others, hence the Commissar