As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Quote:Fun. Lurkers demand blood, lurkers can donate blood...

QotM, if only for the in-joke.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(July 23rd, 2015, 10:39)Dreylin Wrote:
(July 23rd, 2015, 09:31)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote:
(July 23rd, 2015, 07:24)AutomatedTeller Wrote: What is the point of attacking the lurker civ, in any case?

Fun. Lurkers demand blood, lurkers can donate blood...

You should see the state of the Lurker thread at the moment.... hammer

I think maybe I've already had a taste? mischief

(July 23rd, 2015, 10:39)Dreylin Wrote:
(July 23rd, 2015, 09:31)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: Unless there is an actual, in-game consequence to murdering you lot?

The potential EP contribution of the city if kept is what most are concerned about. Raze of the city is considered acceptable by some, but not by others, hence the Commissar

The only real reason anyone would need to keep the city would then to be able to get the attacking unit(s) back out again. In this case I don't think the EP advantage is the motive. shades

party

Yeah...I can't get those units out unless I take the city. There's like 2000 hammers sitting on the ice there just playing with their guns...You know something's going to go wrong. And with the length of time left in this game (whatever happens) EP doesn't do anything (also fuck espionage missions).

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Ok, here's an idea to resolve this now that Krill has units trapped inside the lurker's puny continent (sorry, I can't help but needle you guys whenever possible):
  • Someone can temporarily gift a city to the lurkers, with the understanding that it's coming back to that player as soon as things are resolved. The lurkers can pay a lump sum or GPT reparation for any lost income that would have received from the city for the turn or turns the city is out of the original player's possession. The lurker civ has a little nest egg, they can easily afford this and I really like the idea of lurkers making reparations to a player. hammer I would offer to do this except I'm at war with you guys (<3 always, bastards) and don't want an enforced peace just yet until this is resolved.
  • Krill will wipe out the lurkers' puny army and capture their puny city. Krill can then gift the city back to the lurkers as a peace offer and I can capture the other lurker city to force the capital to return to the lurkers' island prison. Krill's army should bounce out of borders and be retrievable.

The easiest way to do this may be for the above to happen and for the lurkers to make peace with me, then for me to sign a defensive pact with whoever I need to and have the lurkers declare war on that civ so I can break the unbreakable peace deal and reclaim the necessary city. I have some city locations in mind that are easy to gift/recapture that doesn't require a whole lot of shuffling units around.

Thoughts? Lurkers and Krill? And one other party who is willing to sign a defensive pact for this purpose?

I think the lurkers need punishment for their taunting hammer

The New England Patriots support the brave Babylonian assault on the front office.

Wells Report was a sham people!
Fear cuts deeper than swords.

I demand lurker censure for engaging in diplomacy whip

(July 23rd, 2015, 13:36)Krill Wrote: I think the lurkers need punishment for their taunting hammer

nod

(July 23rd, 2015, 14:02)dtay Wrote: The New England Patriots support the brave Babylonian assault on the front office.

Wells Report was a sham people!

[Image: deflategate%20ring.jpg]

Is it late enough in the game to organize a PB7 style public diplo clusterfuck? mischief

(July 23rd, 2015, 13:34)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote: Ok, here's an idea to resolve this now that Krill has units trapped inside the lurker's puny continent (sorry, I can't help but needle you guys whenever possible):
  • Someone can temporarily gift a city to the lurkers, with the understanding that it's coming back to that player as soon as things are resolved. The lurkers can pay a lump sum or GPT reparation for any lost income that would have received from the city for the turn or turns the city is out of the original player's possession. The lurker civ has a little nest egg, they can easily afford this and I really like the idea of lurkers making reparations to a player. hammer I would offer to do this except I'm at war with you guys (<3 always, bastards) and don't want an enforced peace just yet until this is resolved.
  • Krill will wipe out the lurkers' puny army and capture their puny city. Krill can then gift the city back to the lurkers as a peace offer and I can capture the other lurker city to force the capital to return to the lurkers' island prison. Krill's army should bounce out of borders and be retrievable.

The easiest way to do this may be for the above to happen and for the lurkers to make peace with me, then for me to sign a defensive pact with whoever I need to and have the lurkers declare war on that civ so I can break the unbreakable peace deal and reclaim the necessary city. I have some city locations in mind that are easy to gift/recapture that doesn't require a whole lot of shuffling units around.

Thoughts? Lurkers and Krill? And one other party who is willing to sign a defensive pact for this purpose?

Well that's ... remarkably convoluted. Wouldn't just signing a Cease Fire or Peace Treaty between Lurkers & Krill bounce the units back out, or is there some sort of special mo-jo that allows Paratroopers to stay in place... Iiam

Edit: bad double-negative, begone!