As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

(August 10th, 2015, 15:25)Fintourist Wrote: OK,

OH noted in chat that I might have overreacted a bit.. rolleye

So here is half of an apology to GJ (sorry). I'm pretty pissed off at you, so the 2nd half will come a bit later.. mischief

It's ok, I do a lot of things that piss people off, I'm sorta used to it by now. Apology half-accepted... lol

It was Oil not coal FYI

- I can't prove what your true motives are.
- Every move and trade that impacts other players is diplo. Diplo is allowed in this game, that's not the point. Oil for rice was a real trade offer (we want krill to send his only rice to us for oil and that he gets his own rice back from TBS). Offering Basilisks Cave was not a real trade offer.

Quote:* No using trade window to communicate (e.g. using letters or numbers in a way that could be interpreted something else than a real trade offer)
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Options?
1. "If TBS had plain offered 100 gold and 200 gpt for nothing, GJ would have gotten the idea what he wanted, so end result is the same, gg"

2. Reload back to T261 save due to illegal offer (this offer directly affects who wins, so even if we didn't react hard on similar offers it is a different situation). However GJ will know by former knowledge what TBS is asking for even without the dyes. However however competition now know exactly where & when they need to act.

3. Reload back to T261, GJ is not allowed to trade the GA to TBS.

---
I'll call myself a semi-lurker, living in quiet, dull nowheria part 100 turns, and have had no interaction with any involved party. I'm somewhere between 1 and 2 as being most fair. Lurkers with extensive knowledge about military capability of the Spacers vs Kulturny will have knowledge who will win if 2. is selected.

Post 1 lists Commodore, Sullla and Sunrise as admins for this game.
Played: FFH PBEM XXVI (Rhoanna) FFH PBEM XXV (Shekinah) FFH PBEM XXX (Flauros) Pitboss 11 (Kublai Rome)
Playing:Pitboss 18 (Ghengis Portugal) PBEM 60 - AI start (Napoleon Inca)

I don't want to get into everything until I've read more (I've only read the tech thread to this point and I'm not exactly chomping at the bit for the drama that is sure to follow once I read certain other threads), but briefly, TBS getting coal may have done more to enhance his position in game, but it also is something that he could have actively pursued through available, legitimate means. Offer a diplo trade! Name a price! Or, have a lurker inform me that the map sucks, the lurkers totally spit the bit on map balance, and appeal to my very generous nature (I'm being genuine, not facetious).

I didn't gift Aluminum to OH/Fin for any reason other than the map review process was awful and they ought to have had access to aluminum. Had I known (maybe I did but TBS should have put it front and center) that this map issue was a handicap I would have made coal available to TBS using legitimate, in-game options. Knowing an opponent has access to a resource means being able to consider his true capability and countering accordingly, if possible. Not knowing that an opponent is handicapped in one area and is going to be stealth-buffed by other players in another area is uncounterable by opponents and inherently unfair. How could I account for you sending a GA? I don't mind getting beat, I've expected it since T0 and I'm happy with my play so that isn't the issue for me. It is having the matter decided in a way that seems like collusion or diplomatic or something other than purely in game actions.

Also, Joey, you can't justify our cities in diplo as anything approaching a serious offer. It was a big middle finger from one of us to the other, nothing more. I think you know that.

More thoughts later.

I don't think 1, 2 or 3 is viable.

No. 1 because it's highly speculative and we just we can't go back in time and make GJ forget the offer.
No. 2. & 3. because nobody wants to reload back to t261.

In previous games people have built banned wonders and when they have finished them others have noted about the rules and those hammers simply have been lost (because it's players responsibility to be aware of the rules). If someone can come up with something creative that's great, but I think the first step anyways is to hear TBS's opinion so that we know if there is any controversy and need for admin decision at all.
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

This is all a moot point of course, because I was already voted leader of the world. cool

Quote:No using trade window to communicate (e.g. using letters or numbers in a way that could be interpreted something else than a real trade offer)

My interpretation of this rule was that it disallowed spelling out messages with letters from cities/resources or countdowns with numbers.

When I got my first fish for fish type offer in the game I had a vague memory of this rule and went and looked it up. I felt it was a bit unclear and searched back through the organisation thread for where it came up. I remember satisfying myself at the time that this was the intention of the rule. I have since played the game this way. I didn't and still don't consider my trade offer illegal.

I can see why others would read the rule differently though and would be interested in a third parties opinion.

And I guess, for full disclosure, I did break this rule once in terms of countdowns. GJ sent me a message asking how long until my culture victory date completed. I replied and we used gold totals to communicate. I did realise this was breaking the rule at the time, but GJ was playing out the game for the rest of us. I didn't see how it could affect anything and felt it was a courtesy to respond. In retrospect it maybe did have an effect, because he started unit gifts shortly afterward, you'd have to ask him.

Unit gifts?

Seriously if people think that unit gifts were breaking rules then I'm pretty sure that I've broken that rule more than a few times myself...
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18