As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Old Human Tourist: Empress of Azteca

I'm still 32 pages behind but we lose? You are making me look bad!

Great game guys you are awesome players no you just need to play agaisnt each other... devil

(August 10th, 2015, 17:06)TheHumanHydra Wrote: If the Artist isn't gifted, does TBS lose, or is the outcome in doubt?

I guess the base outcome (last model of OH) would be a tied win, but with some luck we win by a turn, with some bad luck we lose by a turn.
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Thanks for an awesome read guys! I've been following this thread for about a year (and inspired by it have also read your other threads here at rb) and always looked forward to see how your empire develops and how new plans keep hatching in those devious minds of yours. Unlucky that TBS managed to squeeze out a win ahead of you this time, but a truly amazing job nonetheless!
Played in PB27

(Also, take into account what was paid for the artist by TBS, and his posts on the subject. You'd know more about that than me, but he seems to think the gold would have allowed him to comfortably win regardless.)
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Great thread and well-played game. I hope when tempers cool you can appreciate your game on its merits.

(August 11th, 2015, 03:17)Qgqqqqq Wrote: (Also, take into account what was paid for the artist by TBS, and his posts on the subject. You'd know more about that than me, but he seems to think the gold would have allowed him to comfortably win regardless.)

Yeah, and we would have been one turn faster if BGN had not sabotaged our factory, or if X, Y or Z would have happened. In 270 turns you have opportunities for an endless amount of speculation reg what would have happened if things would have turned out differently. We will never find that out, but I still hope that this game would be played until the end according to rules. It's an epic game that deserves a real ending. I much rather lose by one turn in a straight race than play more than one year and then have a lame ending where GJ gifts a win after an illegal trade offer.

Reg Aluminum, the original plan for us was to finish techs eot262 and complete the spaceship eot263. Thanks to Aluminium we were able to afford more wealth builds and in the end we were able to squeeze the last tech already eot261, but that did not affect the build time and so our ending date was still eot263. However, BGN sabotaged the factory in Zucchini on a crucial moment and that pushed our completion date to eot264. Aluminium sale/gift was a gentleman move from BGN that saved us maybe half a turn in tech, but did not affect our victory date. No aluminium + no sabotage would have been a better deal for us.

Thanks for the positive comments here so far. bow This really has been a great game and I'm looking forward to discussing its epicness, after this farce has been solved.
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

What would you be thinking if the artists were gifted and then TBS offered a gift which another player accepted?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(August 11th, 2015, 05:02)Krill Wrote: What would you be thinking if the artists were gifted and then TBS offered a gift which another player accepted?

It would be equally lame reg kingmaking, but within the rules.
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Congratulations on a great game. I always appreciated your updates. There was often far too much micromanagement information for me to understand, but it was never boring and always substantial! So thanks for entertaining me!

(August 11th, 2015, 04:55)Fintourist Wrote:
(August 11th, 2015, 03:17)Qgqqqqq Wrote: (Also, take into account what was paid for the artist by TBS, and his posts on the subject. You'd know more about that than me, but he seems to think the gold would have allowed him to comfortably win regardless.)

Yeah, and we would have been one turn faster if BGN had not sabotaged our factory, or if X, Y or Z would have happened. In 270 turns you have opportunities for an endless amount of speculation reg what would have happened if things would have turned out differently. We will never find that out, but I still hope that this game would be played until the end according to rules. It's an epic game that deserves a real ending. I much rather lose by one turn in a straight race than play more than one year and then have a lame ending where GJ gifts a win after an illegal trade offer.

Reg Aluminum, the original plan for us was to finish techs eot262 and complete the spaceship eot263. Thanks to Aluminium we were able to afford more wealth builds and in the end we were able to squeeze the last tech already eot261, but that did not affect the build time and so our ending date was still eot263. However, BGN sabotaged the factory in Zucchini on a crucial moment and that pushed our completion date to eot264. Aluminium sale/gift was a gentleman move from BGN that saved us maybe half a turn in tech, but did not affect our victory date. No aluminium + no sabotage would have been a better deal for us.

Thanks for the positive comments here so far. bow This really has been a great game and I'm looking forward to discussing its epicness, after this farce has been solved.

You know that he was the one who proposed the deal, right? I love how this is all completely my fault.