As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Old Human Tourist: Empress of Azteca

(August 11th, 2015, 05:51)GermanJoey Wrote: You know that he was the one who proposed the deal, right? I love how this is all completely my fault.

Yeah, I guess you did not break the rules in this case, TBS did.

However, it just goes beyond my understanding, how you rolled with it and just decided to ruin the ending of a game that had been played for more than a year. I mean, of course, I understand why you did it, revenge is sweet and so, but my expectation from fellow players is that once they are out of the competition they don't destroy the game from others. Every action in FFA kind of impacts everything and there are grey areas to king-making, but that trade is not even remotely grey. With that artist you simply gifted the game to one player. I've surely spent more than 500 hours for this game, OH even more and thus it's not "just a game" and therefore I would have expected you to respect the effort that we and TBS have put into this game and let us decide the winner instead of you.
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

I've spent just as much time on this game as you have dude, don't give me that.

(August 11th, 2015, 06:23)GermanJoey Wrote: I've spent just as much time on this game as you have dude, don't give me that.

Then it should be even more natural to allow the remaining competitors to compete.
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

(August 11th, 2015, 07:03)Fintourist Wrote:
(August 11th, 2015, 06:23)GermanJoey Wrote: I've spent just as much time on this game as you have dude, don't give me that.

Then it should be even more natural to allow the remaining competitors to compete.

...or it should be even more natural to feel that I have a stake in the game too. What the hell is wrong with you?

10 turns ago or whenever you did gift that artist you did not have a chance to win this game, you knew it yourself and did not even try.
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

So? What's your point? I didn't gift it. I used the money to achieve other alternate objectives that I designed for myself.

Exactly what turn do you think I should have essentially become a non-interfering AI bot?

(August 11th, 2015, 14:21)GermanJoey Wrote: Exactly what turn do you think I should have essentially become a non-interfering AI bot?

You should have played for your alternative objects without ruining a game that has been played for more than a year with a game-deciding great artist gift/sale.
Finished:

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

I didn't ruin anything.

(August 11th, 2015, 14:33)GermanJoey Wrote: I didn't ruin anything.

I think this is the intractable point of contention. You seem to find it impossible that anyone could disagree with you on this point.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

What's the complaint? That a GA was sold for gold. That's legal, regardless of what turn it occurs on.

Is the complaint that TBS made an "illegal" diplo offer? Then why is that Joeys fault when lurkers were aware and didn't say it was against the rules? And when BGN made the same demand involving cities when I wouldn't give him straight (free) peace, why weren't lurkers complaining about cities being used to communicate then?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18