As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PB27 Signup Thread

Agree with Grimace, in a game this size added complication of in-game diplo seems unwise.
Fear cuts deeper than swords.

(August 11th, 2015, 18:10)AutomatedTeller Wrote: I do think that at least some limited amount of diplo should be allowed - in game messages are fine. One of the issues with peace offers is that you get them before you have any chance of figuring out what happened, so a way to suggest peace and have that taken up outside of the normal channel is good with me.

Yes, this is exactly the sort of thing I think would work.

And we shouldn't make any pauses ... and as a rule of thumb try not to send more than 1 message per turn, to reduce clutter/ etc. I see no reason why this should lead to pauses, b/c pauses should only come into play if people haven't gotten to play the save at all.

(August 11th, 2015, 16:45)Krill Wrote: Here is the latest version of the RtR 3.0.0.1 mod. The change log can be found here.

Is this version the one with the change implemented today?

Yeah but I need to package and check a new version with the ss launch bug fix plako just did.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Game Rules and Settings:

Host: Caledorn
Admin: BRickAstley (and a sub-admin or two TBD for if I'm not immediately available).
Map maker: German Joey & BRickAstley
Starting date: When the map and picks are done.
Mod: RBmod's latest version. Krill will be posting a cumulative changelog, which I will add the link to here when it's ready.
Leaders/civs: 'PB13' Method - Random roll - Players have 2 chances to pass - Can't pass 3rd roll. All passed leaders/civs come back to rerolling rounds.

Difficulty: Monarch
Speed: Normal
Vassals: off
TT: off
Map Trading: off
Huts: off
Events: off
Barbs: off
Espionage: on (only passive)

Diplomacy: "Pitboss-AI-diplo"
  • You can make any offers for any item the trade window allows you to make.
  • Any trades offered to another player are treated as valid trade offers.
  • You my not communicate using: chat box in diplomacy window, unit names, city names, outside communication, in game chat, anything else in this vein.
  • You may not gift units to another player.
  • City trades are now disabled by the mod (city names still visible).

Double moves: "Don't be a jerk."
  • Peace time or when you're not planning to start war: play as soon as you are able, no need to worry.
  • During war preparation turn (at least 1 turn before) and during war, double moves are not allowed. When you declare on your opponent (and then end turn), he must complete a turn before you can play another one.
  • When going to settle a city, and you see that another player has sent out a settler in the general vicinity as well, you must attempt to alternate turns, to avoid double moving someone to claim a city site.
  • If there is a situation not covered above, where a player gains a clear and 'underhanded' advantage over another player in an area of contention due to a double move, that situation can be appealed to the game admin, who can determine if the game needs to be reloaded or is fine to carry on at his discretion.
  • If there is a problem with play windows making it impossible to observe a turn split, or a tangled web of wars that need to be straightened out for turns to be practically played, please PM the game admin for assistance resolving the situation.

Other:
  • This version of the mod disables city trades. Cities are still viewable in the diplomacy window, but are 'redded' out as in single player games, and are therefore unable to be selected into the active trade window.
  • Turns, at least in the first 100+, will be played within a 26 hour period. Anything not played will be covered ideally by a roving sub, either set up beforehand or just taken over. If you and the lurker-helpers miss, you miss. If you think you might have time of possible missing turns, please leave plans in your game thread. This is necessary to keep the game moving, because with such a large roster, pausing for everyone will kill the game.

Reasoning/Reminders for the above:

Difficulty: Same as PB18.
Map Trading: Same as PB18.
Barbs: Off due to map reasons mainly.
Huts: More imbalanced due to barbs being off (so no bad results).
Events: Reduce variance.
Espionage: In this version of RB Mod, all active missions are removed. passive effects like graphs and city vision remain.

Diplo rules: You will be free to offer whatever sort of trade possible in the trade window you want, whether you mean for it to be real or symbolic is your prerogative. However, you accept the consequences if the other player accepts something you meant as symbolic. Since deciding what counts as a 'real' trade or not is a very fuzzy area to judge, banning unit trades (not in the window anyways) and city trades (now impossible to select into a trade offer) eliminates some of the most swingy options. Players can attempt to collude with the remaining options, again at their own risk of trades actually going through.

Double Moves: This should be standard to what we have done in games past. Basically, if you are contending with another player, and going twice in a row would give you a large advantage compared to the proper taking of turns, don't go twice in a row. This is one rule I'd really prefer to be hands off about, let you judge for yourself what's proper or not, but if need be I will step in and judge under the rules above.

Turn Pace: Especially for the starting turns, where the player count is full and number of actions to take are many, I think it's reasonable to take measures like we did in PB18 to keep the game going. Please put your login password somewhere in your thread, or if you're paranoid PM it to me, just something so we can have it accessible if a lurker needs to log in and cover a turn (don't use a password you use for anything else please). It also doesn't hurt to leave sketches of your plans in your thread, especially if you know you might need a sub in a certain time period.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please leave any comments or concerns you have about the above, I've tried to be clear describing why for these items. I hope especially that the diplomacy rules will be clear enough that there won't be any issues in game with them.

I will say that I've waved the most on allowing barbs&huts or not, but their natural variance they give plus an issue relating to the map that I can't talk about right now, I think it will make the most sense to have them off, even if that does come at the expense of removing flavor from the game world outside of player actions.

which Pitboss was the first with both No Tech Trading and No Diplo combined?

(August 12th, 2015, 11:06)Tasunke Wrote: which Pitboss was the first with both No Tech Trading and No Diplo combined?

Pitboss 8 it looks like? If by No Diplo you mean the AI Diplo, I don't think we've ever had a game forbidding trades of any sort.

Also, with that done, I'm ready to send out the first round of leader/civ combos. I'll wait a few hours because we do not have threads from everyone, and I'd prefer to post them there. If someone doesn't have a thread active yet though, I'll just PM them with their first selection.

Players still needing to create a game thread:

Barteq
CheaterHater
Borsche
Gavagai
Elkad
R.E.M.
Donovan Zoi

I thought I remember pb18 posted them publicly so players could judge what they could get if they rerolled?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18