As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

NobleHelium posts Hearthstone screenshots & lurkers get annoyed. Earlier: sound, fury

(March 14th, 2016, 16:35)NobleHelium Wrote: Path of Exile. I, however, happen to be playing Pillars of Eternity. Doing expansion content at level 4 on PotD... Pogchamp

Hah, yeah, I've seen you playing it a bit on Steam. Is the expansion worth it if you don't bother with the named companions? I've already played through the game once, and the companion therapy sessions added like five hours to the game which I have no interest in reliving... but they also had personal quests which IIRC added up to a fair amount of exp & content.

Er well it's kind of hard for me to say whether it's worth $25 since I was a backer. I'd probably wait to get it on a sale at least if you've played the game through already. I'd say there's a decent amount of content with a story about the past (thus similar in vein to the overall theme of the game) but if you're going there with a high level party you'd probably clear most of the content pretty quickly. The harder bosses will be difficult even at max level though as long as you're on Hard difficulty at least.

The new companions are okay, I particularly like the golem even though I don't use her on a regular basis, but their sidequests are pretty short.

Brick, we'll have our list in tomorrow afternoon. Just going to wait for Harry to get a shot at chiming in.
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

(March 15th, 2016, 22:46)Gaspar Wrote: Brick, we'll have our list in tomorrow afternoon next century. Just going to wait for Harry and his descendants to get a shot at chiming in.

FTFY

(March 15th, 2016, 22:47)NobleHelium Wrote:
(March 15th, 2016, 22:46)Gaspar Wrote: Brick, we'll have our list in tomorrow afternoon next century. Just going to wait for Harry and his descendants to get a shot at chiming in.

FTFY

ResidentsleeperResidentsleeperResidentsleeperResidentsleeper

DARIUS HYPE

Here's the leaders everyone got:

REM: Julius Caesar (Imp/Org) of Japan
Scooter: Montezuma (Agg/Spi) of Germany
Pindicator: Boudica (Agg/Chm) of Russia
CH'DZ: Peter (Exp/Phi) of India
Gaspar/Noble: Darius (Fin/Org) of the Dutch
Boldly: Asoka (Spi/Org) of Aztec
Dreylin: Gandhi (Phi/Spi) of the Khmer

More interestingly here's everyone's rankings:

Scooter:
1) Montezuma of Germany
2) Brennus of Vikings
3) Gandhi of Khmer
4) Asoka of Aztecs
5) Peter of India
6) Genghis of America
7) Julius of Japan

Pindicator:
1. Boudica (Agg/Chm) of Russia
2. Montezuma (Agg/Spi) of Germany
3. Brennus (Chm/Spi) of the Vikings
4. Asoka (Spi/Org) of Aztec
5. Gandhi (Phi/Spi) of the Khmer
6. Genghis Khan (Imp/Agg) of the USA
7. Lincoln (Chm/Phi) of the Mongols

Dreylin:
1 Gandhi (Phi/Spi) of the Khmer
2 Asoka (Spi/Org) of Aztec
3 Montezuma (Agg/Spi) of Germany
4 Peter (Exp/Phi) of India
5 Darius (Fin/Org) of the Dutch
6 Boudica (Agg/Chm) of Russia
7 Brennus (Chm/Spi) of the Vikings

CH'DZ
1. Darius (Fin/Org) of the Dutch
2. Peter (Exp/Phi) of India
3. Fredrick (Phi/Org) of the Holy Roman Empire
4. Asoka (Spi/Org) of Aztec
5. Brennus (Chm/Spi) of the Vikings
6. Montezuma (Agg/Spi) of Germany
7. Joao (Imp/Exp) of Carthage

Boldly:
1. Julius Caesar (Imp/Org) of Japan
2. Asoka (Spi/Org) of Aztec
3. Genghis Khan (Imp/Agg) of the USA
4. Joao (Imp/Exp) of Carthage
5. Fredrick (Phi/Org) of the Holy Roman Empire
6. Gandhi (Phi/Spi) of the Khmer
7. Montezuma (Agg/Spi) of Germany

REM:
1 Julius Caesar (Imp/Org) of Japan
2 Genghis Khan (Imp/Agg) of the USA
3 Gandhi (Phi/Spi) of the Khmer
4 Darius (Fin/Org) of the Dutch
5 Montezuma (Agg/Spi) of Germany
6 Asoka (Spi/Org) of Aztec
7 Fredrick (Phi/Org) of the Holy Roman Empire

NobleGaspar:
1 Darius (Fin/Org) of the Dutch
2 Julius Caesar (Imp/Org) of Japan
3 Hammurabi (Agg/Org) of England
4 Joao (Imp/Exp) of Carthage
5 Fredrick (Phi/Org) of the Holy Roman Empire
6 Augustus Caesar (Ind/Imp) of Rome
7 Asoka (Spi/Org) of Aztec

I'll work on getting some analysis up over the next couple days.

I'll get deeper into the analysis when I go opponent by opponent but the main takeway seems to be that opponents valued aggression and spiritual more than we did. The value of spiritual is somewhat obvious but at the end of the day we just felt it paled in comparison to Imperialistic and Organized. I guess the main takeaway is that everyone's picks were pretty interesting and I can't help but feel like maybe we missed something when you compare the full lists.

God damn it. We're last in the player list which means the trade route logic bug is going to own us. I demand a recount.

(March 17th, 2016, 20:18)NobleHelium Wrote: God damn it. We're last in the player list which means the trade route logic bug is going to own us. I demand a recount.
The pitboss turn order (for trade routes, etc) gets randomly shuffled each turn.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.