As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

NobleHelium posts Hearthstone screenshots & lurkers get annoyed. Earlier: sound, fury

No, it doesn't affect trade routes. It affects production order, which is not related to trade routes. The trade route logic is bugged such that trade routes are considered in player order, which is always the same, and that means if you're first it will always consider your internal routes before external routes. When your internal routes are the same value as external routes, they will take preference. Since you can have the same internal route for each city whereas you get one external route per opponent city, you get more mileage out of your external routes when you're partnering with someone later in player order than you, because the external routes will never be wasted when an internal route gives the same value. So the first player gets the most benefit, the second the second most, in descending order until the last player. Of course, if we never have any external routes, it doesn't affect us.

Trade routes are obviously not reshuffled every turn if everything else stays the same.

Mercantilism ftw.

Hi.

Noble and I made absolutely no progress on the game because we were supposed to discuss it last night but I ended up going for St. Patty's like the amateur that I've become and I had way too much to drink so I basically just came home and slipped into a coma. So while no new civ content came about, I do have a picture of the least comfortable a woman has ever looked to have a man's arm around her:

[Image: shame1.jpg]

For the opponents who are reading our thread, Noble and I won't get a chance to play the open until later this evening, so sorry for the slow start. Kappa

For lurkers, I'll try and get some of the pregame stuff out today.
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

Okay, bringing out the opponent previews. I'm going to use my old format but I'll probably make them much shorter because I don't know as much about these guys as I used to when I used to read all the threads. For new lurkers, there was a time when I was king of the preview. That time has passed. Kappa

Stuff About Teams We're Playing Against

First Victims - Scooter w/Sullla

[Image: group_theater.jpg]

(yes, I'm implicitly calling Sullla Sam the Eagle there)

Playing as:

Montezuma of Germany (Spiritual, Aggressive, Panzer, Assembly Plant)

Is it Godwin's if I suggest that Montezuma leading Germany is basically Hitler?

Known Knowns:

Scooter and Sullla are about as solved a pair of Civ players as you might find. Scooter loves to fight, is fantastic at diplomacy (both the classic board game and civ-style when it is turned on) and is sort of likely to get disinterested and/or careless. Sullla wants to lay cottages, Lib Nationalism, draft Rifles and pretend he's being magnanimous while literally every word he ever writes is designed to basically say how great he is and how great everyone else isn't, despite no actual evidence to support this other than a ballyhooed pitboss where he beat up on pretty easily the worst field opponents you could conceive of with Fin India.

That said, they're easily the most experienced here at later starts. Scooter played a fair number of later era duels with Dazed many moons ago and Sullla, well I don't really pay much attention but I vaguely recall that he played and/or watched quite a few teamers back when sit down in a night MP civ was still a fairly big thing. Regardless, they both definitely have a lot more experience with these sorts of starts than we do and only mackoti's presence in the field and our thread right now (Hi Mack!) stops them from being the obvious favorites because of that.

In terms of the choice, its instructive to look at their pick list - they put all 4 spiritual leaders above everyone else. Then they wanted a war trait, with Agg and Chm being the first two choices. Both of Germany's uniques come into play late, but the Assembly Plant is pretty terrible and while Panzers are indeed better than regular tanks its questionable if they get to be that useful. Given what I know about these guys, I'd firmly expect them to be among the first to head to war.

Known Unknowns:

Most of everything else. Again, this is the first significant Industrial Era game we've played here so I don't have any easy answers as to what the most effective strategies are. Will the lack of a way to get Settlers or Factories out more quickly than the others mean they're going to be slow out of the gate? Will the Agg trait work as an effective deterrent to give them time to establish? Will we see Panzers in this game? At what point does scooter get bored and Sullla's alpha personality mean he's the one playing all the turns? 50t in? Sooner?

Scoollla Profile

Peace Weight: 1/10
Unit probability: 10/10
Wonders: 7/10

Flavors: Military, Old Strategies, Sanctimony

Scoollla's Yearbook

Twitch Emote They Most Remind Me Of:
[Image: 1.0]
Most Similar American Presidential Candidate:
[Image: potd-trump_3345440b.jpg]
Selection Summed Up By Hearthstone Card:
[Image: 27245.png]
How Much My Fondness For This Team Declined When They Named Their Dedlurker
[Image: Wile_E_Coyote_falls_off_cliff.gif]

Exploitable Weakness: Desire to build cottages and be first to liberalism overrides the fact that one of those is impossible and the other a bad play in this game.
Biggest Fear: Leagues more experience in this type of game proves too much to overcome.
Pregame Prediction: 1st of 7

Quick couple of edits to the above for early readers.

How soon the next preview comes along may be directly proportional to how many comments the current one inspires

bowpatEng101GolfclapPogchamp

(March 18th, 2016, 09:18)Gaspar Wrote: How soon the next preview comes along may be directly proportional to how many comments the current one inspires

F5

How did you resist the temptation to predict scooter 2nd?

That Bud Light clover thinger you have around your neck...I don't know what to say.

(March 18th, 2016, 09:08)Gaspar Wrote: For new lurkers, there was a time when I was king of the preview. That time has passed. Kappa

Ah, I still remember the good ol' Gaspar tier lists...............................

Oh, wait! I don't!!

rantrantrant SwiftrageDansgameSwiftrageDansgame

(March 18th, 2016, 09:45)NobleHelium Wrote: That Bud Light clover thinger you have around your neck...I don't know what to say.

Yeah that's the worst part of that picture. Association with that beer.