As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

NobleHelium posts Hearthstone screenshots & lurkers get annoyed. Earlier: sound, fury

Possibly a deck more hated than Face Hunter right now!

Antonidas in the Portal Brawl? No problem!

I know it's your thread and you can post whatever you want, but would it perhaps be possible to have a slight more focus on the in-game stuff rather than external stuff? It would probably be beneficial for most lurkers as well as the players after the game when they analyze their opponent's moves.

Though it's completely up to you all how you want to handle it; I just wanted to offer my perspective as a lurker. smile

(April 10th, 2016, 14:07)DMOC Wrote: I know it's your thread and you can post whatever you want, but would it perhaps be possible to have a slight more focus on the in-game stuff rather than external stuff? It would probably be beneficial for most lurkers as well as the players after the game when they analyze their opponent's moves.

Though it's completely up to you all how you want to handle it; I just wanted to offer my perspective as a lurker. smile

Well, this sounds good in theory, but my last several game related posts garnered zero lurker feedback while Noble's HS post at least got you to come in here and upbraid us for straying from topic, so the lurkers have spoken:

MOAR OFFTOPIC POSTS PLZ

[Image: kappa1.gif]

I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

On topic:

Yes, I do hate you, I purposefully gave you a bad spot so you'd bitch at me and lose all interest.

PjsaltPjsaltPjsalt

Or you could choose to interpret it as I gave you the short stick in order to balance out the fact that you're clearly the best team here and are going to win regardless.

Smug

aside, how do you like the map other than me hating you?

When are you going to invade Sculla?

When are you going to go belly up and allow mackito to steamroller you so you can go bitch in the lurker thread?

KappaBrickDeerKappa

Oh and why haven't you recruited Lewwyn over here yet? This team for some reason feels lonely without a Lewwyn spurring things on.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your lewwyns ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

We're really not playing well so I don't think we'll win the game, no.

(April 10th, 2016, 23:10)NobleHelium Wrote: We're really not playing well so I don't think we'll win the game, no.

Do you have a detailed plan set up for the near future (10-ish turns)? What are you thinking about regarding your next cities, your current builds, your research path, and the progress of other civilizations? You have a sandbox somewhere, right? wink

(April 10th, 2016, 20:33)BRickAstley Wrote: On topic:

Yes, I do hate you, I purposefully gave you a bad spot so you'd bitch at me and lose all interest.

PjsaltPjsaltPjsalt

Or you could choose to interpret it as I gave you the short stick in order to balance out the fact that you're clearly the best team here and are going to win regardless.

Smug

aside, how do you like the map other than me hating you?

When are you going to invade Sculla?

When are you going to go belly up and allow mackito to steamroller you so you can go bitch in the lurker thread?

KappaBrickDeerKappa

I don't think you have it out for us, I think you're sloppy. Swiftrage

Scooollla will invade us, not the other way around. They've enacted a much more "short term" gameplan. We've aimed for the longer term, but unfortunately as Noble said we've not really played well so we won't really get to see if our method is best. The inclusion of mackoti pretty well sapped a lot of Noble's early vigor and as I stated, I need his vigor to get mine going in the early game.

(April 10th, 2016, 20:36)BRickAstley Wrote: Oh and why haven't you recruited Lewwyn over here yet? This team for some reason feels lonely without a Lewwyn spurring things on.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your lewwyns ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

I haven't talked to Lew in ages. Raise your Lewwyns, indeed.

(April 11th, 2016, 00:25)DMOC Wrote:
(April 10th, 2016, 23:10)NobleHelium Wrote: We're really not playing well so I don't think we'll win the game, no.

Do you have a detailed plan set up for the near future (10-ish turns)? What are you thinking about regarding your next cities, your current builds, your research path, and the progress of other civilizations? You have a sandbox somewhere, right? wink

1. Not really. We have a plan, but detailed would be pushing it.
2. We planted #4 this turn, unfortunately we were 2 turns too late to get the spot we wanted. The following 2 cities should come some time in the next 10t or so. Hopefully we'll have better luck there.
3. Current builds - Rifles/Settlers/Workers/Work Boats
4. Research Path - Steam Power
5. Most interesting start: Scooollla, they played it like an ancient start. Worst start plan: Donovan, who has an academy and a cottage. He did get lucky and capture a barb city this turn (why are barbs on in an industrial start again?) Right now its way too early to tell much of anything else, other than we're definitely the only ones who decided to start in the fashion we did.
6. Yes.

I'll give a picture filled report eventually. Right now, I'm not spending a lot of time thinking about the game when I'm not playing it.
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

(March 29th, 2016, 16:31)Old Harry Wrote: While we're on politics - what's the deal with Lula Ichabod? Is/was he and his government really that corrupt or is it a set-up?

Late, better than never.

It's a set-up. There's a coup happening in Brazil right now, trying to overthrow the result of the last presidential election. Most of our congress is pure filth, most of our press too.

We haven't had 30 years of democracy since the last dictatorship fell and we are throwing democracy in the trash again. I fear for the future of Brazil, and I really mean it. I wouldn't even put it past that the military takes the power again.

If the impeachment of President Dilma indeed happens, I'll probably have to go really deep into the protests and manifestations against it and against whoever ends up with the power. Even right now, the situation puts a weight in my back (and in many other people's back) that we are not used to carry. The country is falling apart on bare sight and I didn't expect it would affect me in a, lets say, physical sense, not only in a intellectual one. It's incredibly stressful, even if I'm not part of the demographic that would end up really being affected by the changes.

I should probably explain better, but this subject as a whole irks and disgusts me. When I'm more composed, I'll try to write something a bit more thorough.