As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

NobleHelium posts Hearthstone screenshots & lurkers get annoyed. Earlier: sound, fury

FYI, in the single player games I ran, the barb cities spawned with 2 rifles apiece in them. I had absolutely no idea that that would not be the case here until the first barb city was spawned and scouted.

It actually seems very weird that they don't even have an archery unit or something, no idea why its the case.

Even with Rifles though, I think the game would be better if everyone had to build their settlers the old-fashioned way.
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

By the way, Assembly Line can't be popped. One would figure you'd know that after how much time Krill spent talking about hut techs for his mod, but nope. I guess that's why map after map has one player getting desert gold and another player getting grass gems.

Barbs are fucking retarded. I felt a little bad about not paying enough attention to the game, but not anymore.

FWIW, just so you know its not all Pjsalt we're going to capture a barb city in 3t.

There is plenty of Pjsalt because of Pindickoti's city of course, but its not all that.

Do the barb cities start with all the proper buildings?

Perhaps we might get a screenshot of this new barbarian city you're going to get?

(April 21st, 2016, 21:35)GermanJoey Wrote: Do the barb cities start with all the proper buildings?

Nope. Nada, apparently.

(April 21st, 2016, 22:28)Hesmyrr Wrote:
(April 21st, 2016, 21:35)GermanJoey Wrote: Do the barb cities start with all the proper buildings?

Nope. Nada, apparently.

It was a rhetorical question. shhh

(April 21st, 2016, 22:01)DMOC Wrote: Perhaps we might get a screenshot of this new barbarian city you're going to get?

I was going to report this turn, but then Pjsalt

(April 21st, 2016, 22:48)GermanJoey Wrote:
(April 21st, 2016, 22:28)Hesmyrr Wrote:

Nope. Nada, apparently.

It was a rhetorical question. shhh

I'm pretty sure if you polled everyone as to whether or not they could have a free settler with none of the buildings vs a 322h one with all of the buildings, everyone would take the free one.

Or better question: do you expect anyone to raze a barb city this game?

Anyway, all the complaining is largely for entertainment's sake. While I think barbs generally are bad in a competitive game, I think they're especially bad here. I also think some players have gotten particularly better map situations (i.e. gems as resource vs spices; the isthmian city spots; etc.) That doesn't change the fact that Noble and I haven't managed to remain particularly engaged this game and that's the largest frustration. Not because we're in a bad spot - I think the game is very winnable from our position - but because we're not playing well enough for that to be a reality because we just don't care enough.

A lot of things have factored into our lack of engagement - mackoti's involvement, the oft stated frustrations about the game itself - but I think ultimately Noble and I would just rather be playing other games than Civ4. That's not the end of the world but it certainly does seem weird after 10+ years of this, not to mention a good 4-5 of playing a lot of MP Civ. So it goes. We're going to keep soldiering on but if our investment doesn't improve we'll probably look into seeking a replacement - its not fair to the rest of the players that we just don't give that much of a shit.

I think mackoti has posted all of a single run-on sentence in the past month, and that was a month ago.