As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

RMOG: Renaissance Men of Genius

Did some research and apparently there is no such thing as tech decay. bang In that case let's just go Gunpowder first at 0% and reassess in 10t or so.

(August 14th, 2016, 04:32)WarriorKnight Wrote: Did some research and apparently there is no such thing as tech decay. bang In that case let's just go Gunpowder first at 0% and reassess in 10t or so.

That's a great idea. Additionally, I'm planning on growing our capital on a library within the first 20 turns after we whip the first settler (worker -> military/explorer -> settler -> library -> settler). With this in mind, we can save gold until we finish the library, then run things at 100% science for awhile. Just from palace commerce and the BC bonus, this will net us. +3 BPT more than we would get researching without a library (when you factor in all the commerce tiles around the cap, it gets even better). Since none of the opening techs have a first-to bonus really associated with them, we can do this with basically no downside.

Also, since we're talking about tech paths, we should speculate at some point what we think other civ's tech paths will be.

In case you were wondering Mardoc, here is how our posting flowchart for this thread is going to work:

Are we winning?

If Yes: This is obviously because of our awesome OMFGHAX Civ skills and our opponent's noobishness #420noscope
If No: Stupid mapmaker, they have an irrigated corn 6 tiles from their capital while ours is 7 tiles away. We obviously never stood a chance to win this game.

Although, this now makes me want to go back to developing that RB drinking game Darrell and I started talking about a few years ago:

1. Darrell signs a post.
2. Lewwyn drunk posts.
3. Whenever someone gets fatalistic about their chance to win for a stupid reason/says "we never had a chance to win this one."

Nonetheless, you did make those edits we asked for and are giving us nothing but grassland gems, right?

I'm in.

Darrell

The autocensor needs changing.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

You left out the rule for Krill playing a turn drunk, which happens enough to be relevant.

Darrell

I think the last turn I played drunk was over 3 years ago.

Still more recent than the last time you found a good insult.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(August 14th, 2016, 17:09)Krill Wrote: I think the last turn I played drunk was over 3 years ago.
If you join that drinking game, you've played your last sober turn! smile
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Unfortunately there isn't much else to talk about while we wait for the map to be finished. While we have talked a bit about what to do with settlers, units and techs we can't finalize anything until the game starts.

Any other lurker questions before we begin?

Naming scheme?
Civ 6 SP: Adventure One 
Civ 4 MP: PBEM74B [3/4] PBEM74D [3/4]
-Dedlurker: PB34

(August 17th, 2016, 00:20)picklepikkl Wrote: Naming scheme?

No idea...

We've tossed around a few ideas but haven't settled on anything. My current inclination is to call the capital Haarlem Shake and then move onto other old memes. That way we can artificially inflate our post count by requesting city names from lurkers, while starting with at least a somewhat relevant Dutch theme.