As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

NobleHelium posts Hearthstone screenshots & lurkers get annoyed. Earlier: sound, fury

Stop trying to Purify this thread, Brick tongue
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Purify is good for triggering Counterspell!

I don't get why everyone hates Purify so much. Sure, it isn't the greatest card (and can't cost less because it's a cantrip), but Johnny cards are good for the game. Based on what people are saying, they just want Priest to be stronger.

Then again, I haven't played Hearthstone in ages; Magic's still a much better game (and my writing means I can freeroll MTGO), and in the F2P online CCG space the open beta of Elder Scrolls Legends has impressed me in how much it gives you (a 20 act story that starts as the tutorial but ends up as a free Adventure, and the F2P structure starts generous, especially with Solo Arena). I also like the gameplay: it's clearly copying Hearthstone, but has two lanes of creatures, more varied deck construction (5 colors, each deck can have two), and adds the shield triggers from Duelmasters/Kaijudo along with non-creature permanents. Granted, I don't know how deep/balanced it is yet, but it's beta.

Quote:I don't get why everyone hates Purify so much. Sure, it isn't the greatest card (and can't cost less because it's a cantrip), but Johnny cards are good for the game. Based on what people are saying, they just want Priest to be stronger.

Yeah I don't really get it either, it's hardly the only non-competitive card they've printed. I've been interested in playing around with a Watcher Priest deck for a while and it might make the deck more consistent.

I think it's more to do with the timing of it all, coming in the release after people were complaining about how priest was the least represented and weakest class.

So why not give mage the Johnny card? Or wait until the next full expansion when there's 8 total cards per class? Or why make it a common in the worst arena class? At least they said they'd take it out of arena after the fact.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

It's weird that they're just taking it out of Arena when the obvious synergy cards (Ancient Watcher, the 8/8 for 5 that mills you) still exist--why not just put it at rare? Has anything been taken out of Arena other than the C'thun cards? I mean, Arena is always going to be imbalanced (low cardpool sealed will always be imbalanced, especially when you aren't guaranteeing equal rarities for players and you keep growing the cardpool) and it needs more fundamental design towards it (the basic cards can't all be common, and rarity design in new sets needs to be more than "good constructed cards go at Epic/Legendary/end of Adventures because $$$"), but they don't want people playing Arena because that's cost-efficient and de-populates the Ranked ladder (aka their "e-sport").

The timing - not only people thinking priest is garbage, but the apparent lack of caring about arena (Firelands Portal) and ensuing "no we totally do care!"

OH SHIT

That Thistle Tea!