As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Civ 6 Release and Update Discussion Thread

Fall update: https://civilization.com/news/entries#re...017-update

Religious combat will be just like regular combat, with ZoC, flanking, support and healing. What's the point of having two similar systems? Just another way to exploit the AI in SP, I guess.

When is it being released?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(October 10th, 2017, 13:48)Krill Wrote: When is it being released?

Oct 17th, 19th, or 24th are the leading guesses right now.

Looks like Khmer was revealed as the first of the 2 new DLC civs.

Taken from reddit:

Quote:For those who can't watch the video:

UA: Grand Barays

* Farms provide +2 food when adjacent to an aqueduct
* Cities with aqueducts gain +3 faith and +1 amenity to entertainment

UB: Domrey

* A ballista on elephant 
* Stronger than the catapult it replaces
* Can move before shooting
* Exerts Zone of Control
* Have I mentioned it's a ballista on an elephant?

UB: Prasat

* Replaces Temples
* Provides a Relic great work slot
* Missionaries produced here gain Martyr promotion

Leader: Jayavarman VII

Ability: Monasteries of the King

* Holy Sites provide +2 food and +1 housing when built on a river
* Building a Holy Site triggers culture bombs
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

I mean.... It doesn't seem as broken as other DLC Civs?

Also, we have enough DLC civs released that if anyone else who has bought them (or got the deluxe preorder) wants to, we could do a PBEM with those civs. If they're all really good, a game of just them would end up balanced... right?

I wish that they would either give every civ the ability to flip tiles or give it to no civ. Or better, just make it so the civs with these tile-claiming abilities like Poland and Khmer can only use them to claim unclaimed tiles and not steal them from an opponent with no ability to counter.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

TBH, any mechanic in the game that is uncounterable is bullshit. If there is no reply to a move, and that move helps someone win, at a low level the game devolves into simple race to stop someone getting that ability. Tile stealing is basically shite for that reason in civ 6.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

I've seen a couple of mods that make every wonder built be a tile stealer. I think that's a reasonable approach, it's available to everyone but not super abundant. And gives another reason to go for less powerful wonders

I'm sad (and quite a bit surprised) they never developed Civ4's culture battle for tile control. Seemed like an elegant idea to me. Much more elegant than permanent control of tiles which can be only stolen in hard-to-counter ways (great generals in Civ5 and various-silly-mechanics-they're-coming-up-with in Civ6)

Civ 4's culture battle for tile control is incredibly opaque to understand.  It has a whole extra subsystem of "tile ownership culture" that isn't city culture but interacts with it and with overlapping cities and with great artists in weird and counterintuitive ways.  I much prefer Civ 5's much simpler model of first-mover-gets-it with one precisely defined way to steal it.