As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Civ 6 Release and Update Discussion Thread

Ctrl-F, 'Magnus' entry not found.

Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

England getting a free melee unit from city conquest was a bug? smoke 

This is the ability description: "Founding or conquering a city on a continent other than your home continent grants a free melee unit in that city. Gain the Redcoat unique unit when the Military Science technology is researched."

That has to be poor phrasing. They can't be serious.

They really like nerfing England and saying it was unintended behavior after the fact

EDIT: From the reddit thread it sounds like people were conquering distant cities, letting it flip due to low loyalty, and then reconquering to get a free army.  If that's the abuse why not just put a once-per-city limit of the ability? Or be honest about why they're removing it?
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

why do they hate England so much? I feel like everything that made the civ worth playing is being stripped out in R&F. First the RND loses its best feature, now this. Bah.
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

They know their balance.

Clearly Polders needed to be more in abundance?

But Scythia which is permanbanned on every MP game?

"It is fine."

It looks like the AI is going to be much better in the next patch.

Because the stupidest possible bug was identified by someone trying to poke around in the AI files. This has been in the game since release, probably.

That's almost as funny as the urban legend about Gandhi going crazy with nukes because of an integer wrap-around.

As a software developer who has, perhaps shifty, once of twice shifty, done something equally blindingly obvious in retrospect..... lol

(March 15th, 2018, 19:14)RFS-81 Wrote: That's almost as funny as the urban legend about Gandhi going crazy with nukes because of an integer wrap-around.

wait, that's not actually true? 

Awww, man, the world is a little less amusing now.
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

(March 15th, 2018, 19:40)Chevalier Mal Fet Wrote:
(March 15th, 2018, 19:14)RFS-81 Wrote: That's almost as funny as the urban legend about Gandhi going crazy with nukes because of an integer wrap-around.

wait, that's not actually true? 

Awww, man, the world is a little less amusing now.

I've never played civ 1, but I think some of the vets said as much in the last AI Survivor thread. IIRC, they said all civs are very aggressive and drop nukes in the lategame.