As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Singaboy and Sullla's team thread

(April 11th, 2018, 07:33)Sullla Wrote: - Nationalism is supposed to be a crucial civic, unlocking corps and fleets. However, it's currently bugged and corps/fleets cannot be created, which is a huge bummer. I tested this in a Single Player game last night just to verify. (Interestingly, you cannot create corps/fleets with Nationalism civic at the moment, but I *WAS* able to load an old savegame file where I had corps on the map and then create an army by merging in a third unit, still without having Mobilization civic. In other words, you can't create corps/fleets at the moment, but if you could get them in some way, you can turn them into armies/armadas. This is really bugged right now.)

Is it worth calling for an agreement on this in the players thread on not to use them just in case someone figures a way to get them? Not that if someone finds a legal way they shouldn't benefit from it but given the previous incident I guess it's better to be safe than sorry.

Oh, I didn't hear about that bug ! Is that in Vanilla Civ only ? I've been able to create crops at nationalism without problems in my R&F games, and I don't remember having such issues before R&F...

CMF already figured it out -- he's used one of his GA's to create a caravel fleet. Sulla noted it in his Turn 116 report and the fleet is visible north of Nan Madol.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

wait, are you trying to say that CMF abused the bug or simply used the retirement ability of the GA to create a fleet?

I also remember Sullla being surprised by the one caravel fleet, can you add a unit to an existing corp / fleet after they were formed?
Maybe that's the point of using the GA and the only way to work around the bug...assuming it is even a bug since Athmos did it both before and after the expansion

(April 11th, 2018, 09:10)Singaboy Wrote: wait, are you trying to say that CMF abused the bug or simply used the retirement ability of the GA to create a fleet?

(April 7th, 2018, 11:32)Sullla Wrote: This caravel is heading out on a scouting mission and spotted something interesting at Nan Madol. Chevalier has used one of his Great Admirals (the oldest Classical era one) for a caravel fleet. He can use his Great Admiral abilities twice, so he hasn't retired the Admiral entirely yet. I'm wondering why he chose to make a fleet out of a caravel; I would have thought waiting and creating a fleet for a frigate would be the better choice. The 67 strength rating is really nice now, but this unit would still get torn up in a hurry by frigates and their 55 ranged attack. Now perhaps Chevalier is thinking further down the tech tree, when ironclads become available, but it still seems like an odd choice to me. Frigates/Battleships are the power units at sea, not caravels/ironclads.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

I checked the save, There is nothing fishy about it, it is that ability of his old GA.

Well it's natural to be surprised, since it's not expected that anyone would have nationalism already. However, if you have a corps or a fleet this early, it has to be consequences of a special ability, which was promptly identified here : everything looks legit to me.

But I don't remember having issues with forming corps right at nationalism before. But I didn't even launch Vanilla civ 6 since R&F got out, so I didn't know about any bugs there.

That's definitely disappointing, it turns the boost of mobilization - a key civic as Sulla pointed out - from easy to impossible, in addition to denying the great value of Corps. In effect, it strengthen the corps/fleet that were built using generals / Admiral abilities, since they would get to keep the monopoly of this advantage until armies can be formed at mobilization.

That's quite a serious disadvantage for the rest of the field, you can't scramble for Mobilization that fast so the window for generals / admirals ownage is big.
Not the fault of the teams that have them but this should be regulated somehow until (hopefully) this bug is fixed.

Ugh, that Nationalism big really upset me since I was counting on corps in pbem5. You cannot create corps/fleets until Mobilization and only in the Vanilla version of the game.

What I hear you can do (untested by myself) is build a military academy and build Corps directly. Not sure if that is worth it,  but I read that was still an option.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player