As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Charriu and Zalson are fighting the honorable post count war!

T17:

Still no interesting images to show, but I noticed something interesting again. Magic went to 11 crop last turn and down to 10 this turn. He's still the only one with size 2.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

He’s improved two food sources then. Good for him!
"My ancestors came here on the Magna Carta!"

www.earnestwords.com

T18:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0024.JPG?raw=1]
Another lion showed up near my scout, but there is not a danger right now. All players except for shallow haven grown their city, wonder what's keeping him back. You may have also noticed that I added some more sheets to my spreadsheet. I took some inspiration from Zalson's sheet and added some more stuff. There's also some city planning sheet, which I use to determine how good a city placement is.

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

Digging the vlookups. The real thing would be if we could somehow get a program to login and screenshot specific items and populate this sheet to determine the best possible city.

Is desert what you used to indicate a shared tile? There might be a better way to think of it but I'm not sure what it would be.

www.earnestwords.com

Where are you planning to move the scout if the lion approaches? If lion approaches to the east you can go NE-NE to oasis, but if lion approaches to the northeast then you need a plan. Or will you just fortify in place and roll the dice on surviving another attack?

(July 9th, 2018, 16:10)Zalson Wrote: Digging the vlookups.  The real thing would be if we could somehow get a program to login and screenshot specific items and populate this sheet to determine the best possible city.

Is desert what you used to indicate a shared tile? There might be a better way to think of it but I'm not sure what it would be.

Build the sim in Worldbuilder and run a script on the map text file lol

Any luck on worker moves to avoid 2 unimproved tiles on T42+? I think the whip might be our best option.

That response from me should be evidence that I have not found a way to do that yet.

www.earnestwords.com

(July 9th, 2018, 16:10)Zalson Wrote: Digging the vlookups.  The real thing would be if we could somehow get a program to login and screenshot specific items and populate this sheet to determine the best possible city.

No, I use desert to mark unused tiles as they produce nothing. I don't have anything to mark shared tiles as of now.

(July 9th, 2018, 16:17)Cornflakes Wrote: Where are you planning to move the scout if the lion approaches? If lion approaches to the east you can go NE-NE to oasis, but if lion approaches to the northeast then you need a plan. Or will you just fortify in place and roll the dice on surviving another attack?

I think in both cases I would move him 1N 1NW on the hill and continue healing there.

(July 9th, 2018, 22:29)Zalson Wrote: Any luck on worker moves to avoid 2 unimproved tiles on T42+? I think the whip might be our best option.

That response from me should be evidence that I have not found a way to do that yet.

No, but I will start planning as soon as T22 comes around, then I have all the information I need to do an accurate planning. We still have time until the T30s to develop a plan.

Buy me a coffee

T19:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0025.JPG?raw=1]

A very good move by the lion. As you can see RFS scout has also shown up. I expect him to move south along the desert to the coast and then maybe towards me. Shallow also has grown to 2 pop.

Buy me a coffee

TBS is posting in shallow_thought's thread. No fair! All you get as a dedlurker is me, who told Nyles Standish to not tech agriculture, and Cornflakes, who is not TBS or OldHarry. (Sorry Cornflakes but you're not those people -- OR ARE YOU!?)

:'(

At least we have 150 posts and 2,000 thread views.

/end complaining by the guy who is not even playing the game.

About the game: any thoughts about popping down to the gold to see if Commodore edited in a desert corn or something to make that gold more workable?

Honestly, the incidence of that gold makes me think we want city 3 to be a stretch and go 1s of the lake. Add that plus an early barracks and we can work a gold mine on T60 or so. That's pretty good! Gold mine plus all those hills is... well not the best but a decent city to just pump out military? I find that having one city that it lame and does stuff like that frees up the rest of the empire pretty well. Don't know how that works in MP.

www.earnestwords.com

(July 10th, 2018, 12:57)Zalson Wrote: TBS is posting in shallow_thought's thread. No fair! All you get as a dedlurker is me, who told Nyles Standish to not tech agriculture, and Cornflakes, who is not TBS or OldHarry. (Sorry Cornflakes but you're not those people -- OR ARE YOU!?)

:'(

At least we have 150 posts and 2,000 thread views.

/end complaining by the guy who is not even playing the game.

I'm sorry, but you lost me there and I did not understand, what you were talking about.

(July 10th, 2018, 12:57)Zalson Wrote: About the game: any thoughts about popping down to the gold to see if Commodore edited in a desert corn or something to make that gold more workable?

I doubt that Commodore did that, if he wanted to make a more natural map. Even with a corn I find the spot 1S of the lake better than any spot incorporating this corn.

(July 10th, 2018, 12:57)Zalson Wrote: Honestly, the incidence of that gold makes me think we want city 3 to be a stretch and go 1s of the lake. Add that plus an early barracks and we can work a gold mine on T60 or so. That's pretty good! Gold mine plus all those hills is... well not the best but a decent city to just pump out military? I find that having one city that it lame and does stuff like that frees up the rest of the empire pretty well. Don't know how that works in MP.

I will consider this.

Buy me a coffee