As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Charriu and Zalson are fighting the honorable post count war!

T23:

Quite a few things happened. A look at the graphs revealed that RFS took a dip in GNP and increased his production.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0035.JPG?raw=1]

The east has become a lot better. I don't think this will change anything for the second city, but it may change our 3rd city. I still think that it will be better to have the second city close by and share with the capitol.

I'm also thinking about were to move the warrior next. I don't want to stray away to far from my capitol in case of an emergency.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0034.JPG?raw=1]

There under the fog is our next neighbor, Coeurva. Our roman player. That's not a good discovery as I deemed him the most dangerous player with his Praetorians, at least he is a bit further away then RFS. The questions is if I should let him know that I'm in his south by establishing contact.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

(July 12th, 2018, 13:06)Zalson Wrote: I'm feeling really nervous now that we're going to have slavery as an option for 20 turns and we're not going to use it. We may want to reconsider not using it. For example: it might be worthwhile to whip out that first settler, putting us back to size 2, and regrowing to size 3 while the settler's enroute.

We should consider doing that. One inefficient whip might be worth more.

I've quickly looked into that. According to plan our settler arrives on T33. I see 2 options to whip it "earlier".

1. If we stay according to plan we will chop on T29 into the settler, which brings us to 79 hammers into the settler on T31. Whipping then would theoretically give us the settler one turn earlier in T32, but we would have to revolt into slavery, which brings us back to T33.
  2. We could setup 2 chops into the settler. This would results into 88 hammers at T30. Whipping then + the revolt into slavery would give us the settler 1 turn earlier in T32. We would have to give up on improving the corn with this plan.
I think we would give up to much in getting that settler out 1 turn earlier.

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

(July 12th, 2018, 13:41)Charriu Wrote:
(July 12th, 2018, 13:06)Zalson Wrote: I'm feeling really nervous now that we're going to have slavery as an option for 20 turns and we're not going to use it. We may want to reconsider not using it. For example: it might be worthwhile to whip out that first settler, putting us back to size 2, and regrowing to size 3 while the settler's enroute.

We should consider doing that. One inefficient whip might be worth more.

I've quickly looked into that. According to plan our settler arrives on T33. I see 2 options to whip it "earlier".

1. If we stay according to plan we will chop on T29 into the settler, which brings us to 79 hammers into the settler on T31. Whipping then would theoretically give us the settler one turn earlier in T32, but we would have to revolt into slavery, which brings us back to T33.
  2. We could setup 2 chops into the settler. This would results into 88 hammers at T30. Whipping then + the revolt into slavery would give us the settler 1 turn earlier in T32. We would have to give up on improving the corn with this plan.
I think we would give up to much in getting that settler out 1 turn earlier.

Well, we would also have slavery at that point. But I think we want slavery while the settler is on the way to spot 2, then. We don't want to go so long without the whip, I don't think.

1S of the cows is city 3, I think. We should try to accelerate that. That is a sweet spot. (we can fill in later but we also want the spot that can share both clams).

Not happy to meet Rome.
"My ancestors came here on the Magna Carta!"

www.earnestwords.com

Got a plan in the spreadsheet (let me know if you want access, Cornflakes) that should get us another settler on turn 50 and another on turn 53. We would also have a workboat for city 3 right off the bat, no working unimproved tiles and like 18 unused worker turns (which could be used to accelerate).

I think city 3 goes by the clams cows spot and city 4 goes to claim the ivory in the first ring to help us relieve our happiness problems. Then city 5 can go and get the rice and gold with a border pop.

The problem right now is that we have no happiness. That might mean we go for a religion after we get animal husbandry -- in my sheet I assume we go animal husbandry after pottery to ensure we can camp the ivory.

We also get +2 warriors, granaries in both cities, a barracks in city 2. But yeah, it is a major farmers gambit. I think the next whip cycle, especially if RFS shows weakness, is some axe 2 pop whips from the cap and from city 2. We can get maybe 4 axes by turn 60 and go poke around. If he doesn't have archers...

Alternatively, we could go choke Rome. Also alternatively, we could only 2 one military 2 pop whip and funnel the other one into workers.

www.earnestwords.com

T24:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0036.JPG?raw=1]

I was able to establish contact with Coeurva as soon as I moved onto the flood plain 1NW of Scott. That's because by moving to the current tile, he does not see my scout, so he does not know where I've met him. Of course I put all my espionage into him, we need to know what he is up to. There are other reasons why I moved there. Moving around the north side of the lake would 1 turn faster, but I won't explore the tile 1SE of Scott.
Back at home I move the warrior 1SE to have a better look at the coast line, I will move him back next turn as I feel a bit unsafe at home and I will need him for happiness in the cities. RFS got a big spike in production propably a chop.

Buy me a coffee

(July 12th, 2018, 18:03)Zalson Wrote: Got a plan in the spreadsheet (let me know if you want access, Cornflakes) that should get us another settler on turn 50 and another on turn 53. We would also have a workboat for city 3 right off the bat, no working unimproved tiles and like 18 unused worker turns (which could be used to accelerate).

I think city 3 goes by the clams cows spot and city 4 goes to claim the ivory in the first ring to help us relieve our happiness problems. Then city 5 can go and get the rice and gold with a border pop.

The problem right now is that we have no happiness. That might mean we go for a religion after we get animal husbandry -- in my sheet I assume we go animal husbandry after pottery to ensure we can camp the ivory.

We also get +2 warriors, granaries in both cities, a barracks in city 2. But yeah, it is a major farmers gambit. I think the next whip cycle, especially if RFS shows weakness, is some axe 2 pop whips from the cap and from city 2. We can get maybe 4 axes by turn 60 and go poke around. If he doesn't have archers...

Alternatively, we could go choke Rome. Also alternatively, we could only 2 one military 2 pop whip and funnel the other one into workers.

I had a look at your spreadsheet and there are some mistakes in it. I commented in your spreadsheet. There's a mayor flaw with your 3rd worker which will mess up your plan.

Buy me a coffee

Alas! I knew it was too good to be true. I’ll rework it this evening.

www.earnestwords.com

T25:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0037.JPG?raw=1]

This could turn out to be a very desastrous turn. As you can see my warrior met a lion, the odds are in my favor, but you never know. At the same time my scout also met another lion, but at least he is sitting on top of a forest hill, which provides enough defense. In the case of the scout this could also be very good if the lion attacks. This will give us a promotion (woodsman) which will be nice as there are many woods in the upcoming area.

Buy me a coffee

I was also looking into revolting to slavery on the same turn the settler is finished. At first I thought this would be bad as we have 5 hammer from overflow and if we chop into the workboat the 25 hammers are lost. But I tested it and the 25 hammers went into the workboat after the revolt.

Is that correct?

Buy me a coffee

(July 13th, 2018, 11:45)Charriu Wrote: I was also looking into revolting to slavery on the same turn the settler is finished. At first I thought this would be bad as we have 5 hammer from overflow and if we chop into the workboat the 25 hammers are lost. But I tested it and the 25 hammers went into the workboat after the revolt.

Is that correct?

This is correct. You get to keep the chop and overflow, just can't complete any builds in Anarchy