As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Politics Discussion Thread (Heated Arguing Warning)

Yep so not Cold War magnitute then, thanks for admitting you're wrong and have no basis for your argument. Calling me delusional is just hilarity, and unworthy of response. Enjoy your little fantasy land where you are the brave little soldier in the Culture War ™.

Supporting AfD and Le Pen makes Nicolea's accusations ring that much more true, those parties don't even try to hide their Neo-Nazi roots. Proof too that I was right to keep "nationalism" in quotation marks, you're not a Nationalist you're just a Fascist.

(September 1st, 2018, 13:16)ipecac Wrote: The direction of the momentum is shown by how Trump flipped key blue states and nearly flipped others.

Those same rust belt states look like they're going to swing back hard in the midterms. Do you conclude that the momentum is turning around ?

(September 1st, 2018, 13:10)MJW (ya that one) Wrote:
(September 1st, 2018, 07:10)Cheron Wrote: Actually, that reasoning includes a fallacy. For legal certainty, there needs to be an established and comprehensive method of proof. Indeed, there is:  the birth certificate. To refute that it should be proven that a given individual certificate is nonvalid, which (according to the cited article and the one you linked) didn't happen. Instead they inferred from a smaller sample size  to the whole, i.e. applied statistics to infer (binary) truth states of specific cases.

The US only needs to be 50% sure. (...)

Why?

(September 1st, 2018, 18:00)Cheron Wrote:
(September 1st, 2018, 13:10)MJW (ya that one) Wrote:
(September 1st, 2018, 07:10)Cheron Wrote: Actually, that reasoning includes a fallacy. For legal certainty, there needs to be an established and comprehensive method of proof. Indeed, there is:  the birth certificate. To refute that it should be proven that a given individual certificate is nonvalid, which (according to the cited article and the one you linked) didn't happen. Instead they inferred from a smaller sample size  to the whole, i.e. applied statistics to infer (binary) truth states of specific cases.

The US only needs to be 50% sure. (...)

Why?

If you read my earlier posts I think this is stupid. I think leaving it out makes the Trump administration look far more threating than it is but it's still stupid.

(September 1st, 2018, 15:01)AdrienIer Wrote:
(September 1st, 2018, 13:16)ipecac Wrote: The direction of the momentum is shown by how Trump flipped key blue states and nearly flipped others.

Those same rust belt states look like they're going to swing back hard in the midterms. Do you conclude that the momentum is turning around ?

I don't think you can use the GOP's failure in the midterms as an attack here. Trump and Clinton were both terrible candidates. Clinton no longer hurts because she finally went away. I've even said that the DEMs should basically do nothing to allow Trump to take the spotlight and said that Trump could only win because he's up against Clinton.  

You can attack him other ways of course.

(September 1st, 2018, 14:46)Japper007 Wrote: Supporting AfD and Le Pen makes Nicolea's accusations ring that much more true

I merely observed that they were gaining more and more support, in general nationalist parties and movements all across the West are steadily gaining support. But continue to lie to yourself and denying plain reality, what harm could that possibly do?

Quote:those parties don't even try to hide their Neo-Nazi roots. Proof too that I was right to keep "nationalism" in quotation marks, you're not a Nationalist you're just a Fascist.

Congrats, you're a loony too. How easily doth the masks slip.

Continue in your arrogant delusion. The worm turns, and the "country hicks" you despise will have their day.

(September 1st, 2018, 15:01)AdrienIer Wrote: Those same rust belt states look like they're going to swing back hard in the midterms. Do you conclude that the momentum is turning around ?

To many, months before the 2016 election it 'looked like' Trump had no chance of winning. I prefer to wait till after the election to make such a conclusion.

It should also be noted that many of the Republicans are globalists too, so if it's a globalist Democrat vs a globalist Republican, whatever the result it would have little relevance to my thesis.

(September 1st, 2018, 20:40)ipecac Wrote:
(September 1st, 2018, 14:46)Japper007 Wrote: Supporting AfD and Le Pen makes Nicolea's accusations ring that much more true

I merely observed that they were gaining more and more support, in general nationalist parties and movements all across the West are steadily gaining support. But continue to lie to yourself and denying plain reality, what harm could that possibly do?

Quote:those parties don't even try to hide their Neo-Nazi roots. Proof too that I was right to keep "nationalism" in quotation marks, you're not a Nationalist you're just a Fascist.

Congrats, you're a loony too. How easily doth the masks slip.

Continue in your arrogant delusion. The worm turns, and the "country hicks" you despise will have their day.

Continue to deny the flow of history, which has been steadily getting more progressive for the last 60 years. What harm could that possibly do?

We will bury you.

(September 1st, 2018, 20:40)ipecac Wrote: . The worm turns, and the "country hicks" you despise will have their day.

That's a very US centric thing to say (on top of being a complete strawman argument). In Europe the divide is not exactly urban vs rural but rather between the locations where there are strong industries remaining and those where the major industrial jobs disappeared. In France the industrial wastelands in the north and east are leaning towards the far right (and in some places they're definitely more urban than rural) while Brittany (even outside of its main cities) is one of Macron's stronghold. And even Limousin, one of the least densely populated region in France, and one that is struggling economically, still holds to its left wing progressive values.

(September 1st, 2018, 21:36)Japper007 Wrote: Continue to deny the flow of history, which has been steadily getting more progressive for the last 60 years. What harm could that possibly do?

We will bury you.

My, such arrogance, and such malevolence too.

I look forward to you wailing.