As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Politics Discussion Thread (Heated Arguing Warning)

(September 20th, 2018, 23:59)AdrienIer Wrote: That's the point : why would she sacrifice herself, her career, her safety, the safety of her family to block the appointment of someone who has done nothing to her ?

She's not sacrificing her career or her own life, there's no need for melodrama.

One plausible motive is that she wants to obstruct the right-wing from winning. I'm sure you leftists can sympathise with that mischief

(September 21st, 2018, 01:15)mackoti Wrote:
(September 20th, 2018, 23:59)AdrienIer Wrote:
(September 20th, 2018, 16:16)ipecac Wrote:
(September 20th, 2018, 06:18)AdrienIer Wrote: Same for Dr Ford : she's recieving death threats and harassment letters, but somehow she's doing it as a tactic and for fame and glory ?

The obvious possibility is that she's trying to block Kavanaugh's appointment.

That's the point : why would she sacrifice herself, her career, her safety, the safety of her family to block the appointment of someone who has done nothing to her ?

I supose that kavanaugh  and his wife getting death threats , is a prove he didnt do it using same logic as you.

The difference between the two scenarios is that if Dr. Ford is lying, she deliberately took a course of action she knew would lead to death threats and harassment (as it has done for most other women who have made such accusations in recent years, or who have... done anything public, frankly. When 'appear in a Star Wars film' is grounds for death threats, any woman can assume she will receive them if she enters the public eye at all). If Brett is lying, then he took a course of action years ago, of a kind which is generally ignored by society. Men who sexually assault women generally get away with it, for a vast number of reasons (the 'no proof' that Mardoc mentions being one of them), and as Trump's 'locker room banter' excuse for the infamous Access Hollywood tape shows, admitting/claiming to have done so is viewed as an acceptable form of bragging.

All Brett receiving death threats proves is that there are awful people on every corner of the political compass who think threats of death are an acceptable tactic.

hS

She won't lose her career or life. Everyone gets death threats if they do something remotely controversial, like become a SC justice or appear in star wars or be a YouTuber, so by that logic no one can do anything. The problem is anonymity making it much easier to attack someone. Your also going to rack up a lot of contacts after so many years so that can overpower the hardness too.

(September 21st, 2018, 08:09)MJW (ya that one) Wrote: Your also going to rack up a lot of contacts after so many years so that can overpower the hardness too.

Anita Hill never did that, and claims that it cost her career.
Ford was in therapy only a few years ago and clearly wasn't ready to tell her story. The fact that this man she hates for personal reasons was going to become one of the most important ones in the country probably edged it out and made her go public. But she knew the risks and even in this better era it might turn out badly for her. She had to leave her house for her own safety already.

(September 21st, 2018, 09:37)AdrienIer Wrote:
(September 21st, 2018, 08:09)MJW (ya that one) Wrote: Your also going to rack up a lot of contacts after so many years so that can overpower the hardness too.

Anita Hill never did that, and claims that it cost her career.
Ford was in therapy only a few years ago and clearly wasn't ready to tell her story. The fact that this man she hates for personal reasons was going to become one of the most important ones in the country probably edged it out and made her go public. But she knew the risks and even in this better era it might turn out badly for her. She had to leave her house for her own safety already.

I had no clue who Anita was so I googled, and I seen she got a lot of mileage from that experience. She wrote at least a book about that and got many awards and was apointed in  trustees and got in hale of fame , which many others victims of harasement(see the one from Clinton never managed).
Sincerly from the activity after she doesnt look like someone who got destroyed by experience but got stronger, see her acomplishements before and after the acusations towards judge.

When I say contacts I'm talking about it from Brett's perspective; more contacts increases the chance of something like this happening.

It is all simply ridiculous.

What evidence has been presented that we should believe her accusation? None, and the naive 'but what reason would she have to lie?' isn't a valid reason.

So she lied to her therapist five years ago, in order to make today's lie more believable ? That's likely...
There are many ways you could argue this in favor of Kavannagh (misremembering in some way etc) but outright lying is the least likely scenario.

(September 23rd, 2018, 02:55)AdrienIer Wrote: So she lied to her therapist five years ago, in order to make today's lie more believable ? That's likely...

Sounds like you're misinformed again. Go find out what the therapist's notes from 2012 actually said.

(September 23rd, 2018, 02:55)AdrienIer Wrote: So she lied to her therapist five years ago, in order to make today's lie more believable ? That's likely...
There are many ways you could argue this in favor of Kavannagh (misremembering in some way etc) but outright lying is the least likely scenario.
She forgot about the incident until she told someone in 2012 when Kavanaugh's name circulatet as a potential Mitt Romney nomine. THEN TAKES NO ACTION ON IT between 2012 and 2018.. If she wanted to get out off her chest as some sort of healing, why did she sleep on this information until now?.

And btw the case you named before gained over a million dollars from her book although she promissed she will not use the case in her advantage(writing a book) , and she got a lot of television time ,nothing from those would happen if wasnt for the acuzation. She is from I read a champion of the left, why the women which acused Clinton are not champions of the left if they say they fight so hard for justice?