As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Politics Discussion Thread (Heated Arguing Warning)

(September 24th, 2018, 01:04)ipecac Wrote:
(September 24th, 2018, 00:52)MJW (ya that one) Wrote:
(September 24th, 2018, 00:16)ipecac Wrote:
(September 23rd, 2018, 17:49)MJW (ya that one) Wrote: It's still over 50% because she would have no way of knowing about #MeToo that makes her attack work. But it does mean that it's totally worthless politically to fold here because there isn't enough differentiation for the masses.

Given how narrow the Clarence Thomas vote was, it would have been a reasonable shot.

It's totally worthless politically and that's what counts.

What on earth are you talking about? The previous rape accusation cost Thomas much support during the vote, it would be reasonable to conclude that another one would have a similar effect.

I was talking about Dr. Ford's 2012 therapy session being worthless politically as I already said.

I don't really understand why the right is so hellbent on this. Investigate it and nominate some other archconservative. I'm sure they have plenty of backup. If they have an ounce of competence they should have had everything ready for a second person by now, then they nominate that person, send in all the documents needed, and ram the confirmation through before January.

(September 24th, 2018, 03:20)AdrienIer Wrote: I don't really understand why the right is so hellbent on this. Investigate it and nominate some other archconservative. I'm sure they have plenty of backup. If they have an ounce of competence they should have had everything ready for a second person by now, then they nominate that person, send in all the documents needed, and ram the confirmation through before January.

The DEMs will do it over and over again until the GOP stands up. So they are going to have bite the bullet anyway and might as well get it over with. It was clearly bad to get the chips in with Moore because he was obviously guilty but they should get the chips in when they have someone who isn't obviously guilty. Brett fits the bill.

Well it looks like someone successfully exploited the fact that remaining silent is admitting guilt.   thumbsup

It probably was a center-right person who finally snapped after Feinstein flagrantly sandbagged and stopped caring. Rod probably thought the informant didn't have the goods, otherwise they would have played the goods much sooner, and thought he could get away with lying.

90% chance Ipecac is also a Roy Moore truther as well.

Leaving aside the fact that Kavanaugh is a stereotypical prep school rapist who wants to ban reproductive choice, and is a degenerate gambler who had to be bailed out by billionaire dark money, Kavanaugh's raison d'etre is to absolve corporations of any and all responsibilities to employees and customers. It is for this reason his nomination has united every loathsome Trumpfan and craven NeverTrumper.

(September 24th, 2018, 01:22)MJW (ya that one) Wrote: I was talking about Dr. Ford's 2012 therapy session being worthless politically as I already said.

Could you explain your point more clearly?

(September 25th, 2018, 07:02)Nicolae Carpathia Wrote: 90% chance Ipecac is also a Roy Moore truther as well.

Like all non-lunatics I'm not going to conclude that Kavanaugh is guilty until actual evidence is presented.

(September 25th, 2018, 09:06)Nicolae Carpathia Wrote: Leaving aside the fact that Kavanaugh is a stereotypical prep school rapist who wants to ban reproductive choice

At this point it's more likely that 4chan successfully trolled Avenatti than Kavanaugh is guilty. What a circus lol

So Ipecac, you would say you're still on the Kavanaugh train?
mischief
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

It was probably McCabe leaking it in order to induce Trump to fire Rothstein. But there's no way to know.

Kavanaugh was Romney's #1 pick and Trump picked him because of his views on investigating the executive branch.

(September 25th, 2018, 20:53)ipecac Wrote:
(September 24th, 2018, 01:22)MJW (ya that one) Wrote: I was talking about Dr. Ford's 2012 therapy session being worthless politically as I already said.

Could you explain your point more clearly?

Kavanaugh can get off the hook by claiming that Ford said that in order to deny him the SC seat because she said that he could get the seat. It's still over 50% for me because it's too hard for her to guess #MeToo; which makes her attack work. But that's not good enough to make an impact politically. You can bog it down just fine (you using Hill is a great example of this). It doesn't matter/it's worthless politically.