As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Charriu and Zalson are fighting the honorable post count war!

(October 2nd, 2018, 16:15)Zalson Wrote: I'd say launch the attack the moment that shallow_thought declares war. How many two movers do you have?

Shallow can pin him down and you can get the majority of gains. What's your timeline toward construction?

Don't sell yourself short. Hold your units together on defensive terrain and find the opportunities. You'll have 2 empires, and maybe 3 when Superdeath piles on.

just be ready for the RFS backstab.

From the top of my head I remember to have the following for an attack:
  • 3 swordsmen
  • 7 axemen
  • 2 to 3 archers
  • 1 or 2 spearmen
  • 4 chariots (3 of them are currently in Shallow's/Magic's territory.
I have more axeman, archers and spearmen, but I would rather leave them as defense against RFS or Superdeath.

I'm not sure that Superdeath will join in the fight against OT4E. The only border he has with him is in the far north and there he would border OT4E's capitol, which will be difficult to take. I think what will rather happen is that when I and Shallow declare war against OT4E, Superdeath will take the opportunity to attack on of us. The reason why I think that is that Superdeath and OT4E are working together for a long time in trade.

The big problem is that I'm not ready to attack OT4E. As you may know I initially planned to start a golden age and go into builder mode until I have machinery. So far I see two options:

1. Builder mode: Keep on the path of builder mode, tech Metal Casting -> Machinery, build some workshops, start the golden age at T129 and use it to get to machinery, build some important buildings fast (forge), start producing CKNs and trebuchets
  2. War mode: Go into unit production mode immediately, tech Mathematics -> Construction, go to war with Shallow against OT4E, delay golden age and switch to Heredetary Rule and Organized Religion for after the war.
The problems I see with builder mode is that I will miss a good opportunity against OT4E as Shallow will attack way sooner then I can. There's also the problem of how fast I can get to machinery, which I have to look into. In the end I will only contribute a small force to the war against OT4E, but on the other hand I will know how Superdeath reacts to this war.

The problems with war mode is that I won't get the cats in time for the start of the attack as I will definitly need 10+ turns to get to construction. There's also the problem that my workers won't have much work to do as I won't get those workshops, windmills, etc.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

I made a quick look into how fast I can get Construction without a golden age and Machinery with a golden age. This was only a rough plan so I have to make a more detailed plan.

Construction around T136
Machinery around T141

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

I’d say declare war to honor the iron for iron deal, and then look to cause problems. Pillage and see if you can take anything.
"My ancestors came here on the Magna Carta!"

www.earnestwords.com

(October 3rd, 2018, 13:09)Zalson Wrote: I’d say declare war to honor the iron for iron deal, and then look to cause problems. Pillage and see if you can take anything.

Good advice. I will do that.

Buy me a coffee

Superdeath just whipped 4 pop in one city. I think we will see another wonder being finished next turn.

Buy me a coffee

T125:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0473.JPG?raw=1]

Not really that much happened this turn. I noticed that Magic has calendar, too. I deceided to go builder mode with Metal Casting -> Machinery and the golden age.

EDIT: I totally forgot mention that I settled that blue dot between Liquid Flame and Wing Raptor. It's now called Sandworm.

Buy me a coffee

Graphs and Cities:

First of all sorry that I'm so late with posting these. My mother in law is here and it's a bit chaotic. I also will post another report of "Who's winning?" later.

Graphs:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0486.JPG?raw=1]

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0487.JPG?raw=1]

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0488.JPG?raw=1]

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0489.JPG?raw=1]

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0490.JPG?raw=1]

Cities:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0474.JPG?raw=1]

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0475.JPG?raw=1]

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0476.JPG?raw=1]

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0477.JPG?raw=1]

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0478.JPG?raw=1]

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0479.JPG?raw=1]

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0480.JPG?raw=1]

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0481.JPG?raw=1]

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0482.JPG?raw=1]

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0483.JPG?raw=1]

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0484.JPG?raw=1]

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0485.JPG?raw=1]

Buy me a coffee

Who's winning (the post count war)?

So how are we doing at that front. Let's look at the numbers:

1. Charriu (666 replies, 12371 views): Clearly we are winning this by a long shot. Even if I would be eliminated right now, I would still keep a high place with the speed the others are posting. The only downside is my replies/views ratio, but we'll get to that.
  2. Coeurva/OT4E/Elkad (313 replies, 5252 views): Since Coeurva's departure his thread is gone quite. With our new "greenie" on bord we have to see how much he's posting. A little more competition would be nice.
  3. Magic (256 replies, 4565 views): Solid reporting by the numbers and with RFS demise he will remain a solid 3rd place or even overtake Elkad.
  4. RFS (226 replies, 3493 views): Good reporting so far, but with his standing in the game his replies went down. Still he is constantly reporting, which is a good sign.
  5. Superdeath (147 replies, 2334 views): Like in PB38 and PB39 his replies count is very low. That's mostly because his writing style needs  a bit more structure and daily writing discipline.
  6. Shallow (124 replies, 2901 views): I'm very much surprised. His post count does not represent his standing in the game. But even with his few replies he achieved more views then Superdeath.
Looking at the replies/views ratio is also very interesting:

1. Shallow (0.0427438814201999)
  2. Charriu (0.0538355832188182)
  3. Magic (0.056078860898138)
  4. Elkad (0.0595963442498096)
  5. Superdeath (0.0629820051413882)
  6. RFS (0.0427438814201999)
The most interesting thing from this ranking is that Shallow has a way better ratio then the rest. How did he do that. Iiam . I also love to see Magic having such a good ratio. That may speak for the quality of his writing. I'm so existed to read the other reports. Heysexy 

So with my current success in the post count, let's looks for higher goals: The TOP TEN reports of RB. Note that I've taken the numbers from the current stats screen and I'm only looking at other spoiler threads:

Views:
  1. RB Pitboss #2 [SPOILERS] - Speaker and Sullla (537,850 views)
  2. [SPOILERS] Scooticator and Pindooter give a sporting try (267,206 views)
  3. [SPOILERS] scooter, pindicator, and Huayna Capac try some fast Zulu cuisine (236,913 views)
  4. [Spoilers] Defining the phrase "€˜Hung Like a Horse"€™: Pb & the Kuriotates (232,532 views)
  5. [Spoilers] Fintourist and Old Harry have nothing to see here (200,568 views)
Clearly we are far away from achieving these numbers and even then I doubt that I can top Speaker and Sullla's famous report. Only over time will I achieve a ranking in here.

Replies:

1. [SPOILERS] scooter, pindicator, and Huayna Capac try some fast Zulu cuisine (2,722 replies)
  2. [SPOILERS] Scooticator and Pindooter give a sporting try (2,678 replies)
  3. RB Pitboss #2 [SPOILERS] - Speaker and Sullla (2,419 replies)
  4. [Spoilers] Fintourist and Old Harry have nothing to see here (2,127 replies)
This looks more like I can do better here. It's still a long way to go but I think we can make it. GO TEAM. elephant 

So after this short interlude the regular reporting will continue. lol

Buy me a coffee

Who's winning?

So now the real ranking wink

1. Coeurva/OT4E/Elkad: They were running away with this game from the very beginning. Most of what I said before applies still. I'm glad that Elkad took over and OT4E is no longer in the executive chair. Don't get me wrong Elkad is still a better player then anybody else here, but OT4E is just a little bit more dangerous.
  2. Shallow: He's playing a very strong game and is leading in city count with his 14 cities. Much will depend on how the upcoming wars will go and who's fighting who. The reason why he is second is because he has a smaller army.
  3. Superdeath: I find the way he improved his territory a bit lacking. To point out a small detail, he did not farm his sugar like everybody else. Still he is playing strong. With Shallow going to war with Elkad it will be interesting to see what he will do. With him having Horseback Riding he will propably attack somebody. He may decide about who will be leading this game in the future by either attacking Shallow or Elkad.
  4. Charriu: I think that I have a good base to go forward, but my biggest problem is that I need CKNs to expand further and I have two strong neighbors in the north with Elkad and Superdeath. If I'm dogpiled by them I have a problem. Getting Judaism will help me, too. I think the two biggest problems why I'm 4th are that I did not settle the gold soon enough and my traits didn't give me that big of an early advantage like the others have.
  5. Magic: Like me he is heavily boxed in and needs to find a way to expand. The problem is that his UU doesn't help him as much as my UU does. The attack by OT4E also hurt him and brought him behind me.
  6. RFS: No question why he's down here. RFS if you later read this: I'm sorry that I couldn't relieve you from duty sooner.

Buy me a coffee

126:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0491.JPG?raw=1]

Buddhism found it's way to Iron Claw. I will look to spread this to Exdeath, so that I can build another monestary there. Iron Claw will also profit from the additional culture.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0492.JPG?raw=1]

So Superdeath did not 4-whip a world wonder, but rather the moai statues. I'm not sure if a 4-whip was so desperately needed here, seeing as Batman has access to some mines in the east.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0493.JPG?raw=1]

I also lost some tiles in the east of Galura to Superdeath. I will spread judaism to Galura in the next turns and I will maybe build some culture buildings there in the future.

Buy me a coffee