As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Politics Discussion Thread (Heated Arguing Warning)

(October 3rd, 2018, 18:37)Zed-F Wrote: making bald-faced lies to your employer should not be rewarded with employment.

I really haven't been following that closely, so I have no idea what this is in reference to.  Can you elaborate?

Darrell

Being a rowdy fuckup while you were young by rights shouldn't be a disqualifier.

However.

Kavanaugh has shown zero remorse, rehabilitation, or any attempts to make amends. He could have taken a page out of the evangelical playbook and tried to play the born again card (remember, Ben Carson tells stories about how he almost stabbed someone to death before he found Jesus). But no, Kavanaugh is genuinely proud of his shenanigans from back when he was a stupid kid, and highly values all the formative experiences and relationships he build during that time as an insanely wealthy young man in the Georgetown Pre/Yale community.

BTW Kavanaugh is totally going to get in because conservatives are completely shameless and power protects power.

(October 3rd, 2018, 19:27)darrelljs Wrote:
(October 3rd, 2018, 18:37)Zed-F Wrote: making bald-faced lies to your employer should not be rewarded with employment.

I really haven't been following that closely, so I have no idea what this is in reference to.  Can you elaborate?

Darrell
He said stuff like "I was never so drunk that I would have memory holes" which is VERY likely a lie, from what classmates etc have said about who he was as a teen

Yep, many provable and nearly certain lies told to Congress and the public, knowingly and while under oath, along these and similar lines, in order to attempt to establish a choir-boy-like character and suggest he would have never engaged in something as norm-breaking as attempting to have sex with a woman while drunk -- never mind rape her. In fact, his character while a teen was pretty much what you would expect from a hard-partying, entitled jock used to getting what he wanted. His own past statements and those of his classmates attest to this, as does what physical evidence remains from that time.

Judges are supposed to be judicious, even-handed, and seekers of truth. They are not supposed to perjure themselves, to be overtly partisan, and to threaten revenge for perceived slights when their past bad behaviour is revealed. It does not matter whether he is provably guilty of attempted rape; he should be disqualified for the job he seeks as a Supreme Court judge on the basis of how he has reacted to the allegations.

(October 4th, 2018, 06:44)Zed-F Wrote: Yep, many provable and nearly certain lies told to Congress and the public, knowingly and while under oath, along these and similar lines, in order to attempt to establish a choir-boy-like character and suggest he would have never engaged in something as norm-breaking as attempting to have sex with a woman while drunk -- never mind rape her. In fact, his character while a teen was pretty much what you would expect from a hard-partying, entitled jock used to getting what he wanted. His own past statements and those of his classmates attest to this, as does what physical evidence remains from that time.

Judges are supposed to be judicious, even-handed, and seekers of truth. They are not supposed to perjure themselves, to be overtly partisan, and to threaten revenge for perceived slights when their past bad behaviour is revealed. It does not matter whether he is provably guilty of attempted rape; he should be disqualified for the job he seeks as a Supreme Court judge on the basis of how he has reacted to the allegations.

This post made me laugh hard because yesterday I said  one of the lefties will post this today.Instead to admit you dont like him, he is a conservative and might affect reproductive rights(nice way to say killing unborn kids).That was what triggered Ford in 2012 and triggered her to have all kind of flash back memories now(of course very incomplete, so Brett  can t defend himself).  

Even more i already seen reaction from the left(which required a FBI) that the investigation is not valid.She lied , and she ll get away with it (even 1 milion dolar rich) just because she is a woman and she is sustained by a very agressive left.

About Brett, what he is judge he must accept all the lies , dont have emotions about this .What if someone came and say you raped her some years ago in some place, in some year , doesnt remeber nothing else but that you was for sure. And with her sides loads of people and put you on national tv and all this and people would belive her just because she is a woman.

(October 4th, 2018, 07:33)mackoti Wrote: and might affect reproductive rights(nice way to say killing unborn kids)

Nice way of trying to justify turning women into body-slaves for 9 months because you believe in an archaic tradition based on desert-mythology.

(October 4th, 2018, 07:56)Japper007 Wrote:
(October 4th, 2018, 07:33)mackoti Wrote: and might affect reproductive rights(nice way to say killing unborn kids)

Nice way of trying to justify turning women into body-slaves for 9 months because you believe in an archaic tradition based on desert-mythology.

So thats having kids in our days, body slaves and i supose the left is something like Abraham Lincoln,well without any morals(he was a desert man) so I have to find someone else...

(October 4th, 2018, 08:03)mackoti Wrote: So thats having kids in our days, body slaves 

No, but it is enslavement to force a woman to carry out a pregnancy, since you are taking away her right to control her own body. Bodily integrity is a basic human right.

(October 4th, 2018, 08:31)Japper007 Wrote:
(October 4th, 2018, 08:03)mackoti Wrote: So thats having kids in our days, body slaves 

No, but it is enslavement to force a woman to carry out a pregnancy, since you are taking away her right to control her own body. Bodily integrity is a basic human right.

But what about baby's basic human right to live? Or the bodily integrity of of the baby?