As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Civ 6 Release and Update Discussion Thread

Quote:It is 100% balanced as a role-playing game.

The problem is, if I'm in the mood for role-playing an empire, why would I start Civ instead of a Paradox game? But I guess there are enough people who don't know/are intimidated by Paradox games.

Quote:https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/ay...ations_by/

This thread was adorable.

Sometimes I forget that you lunatics here aren't typical Civ players.

*shrug* When the in-game help isn't great, you have to learn this stuff somewhere. It's not like any single person would discover all of that on their own.

(March 8th, 2019, 11:25)Krill Wrote:
(March 8th, 2019, 11:21)Bacchus Wrote: Can we just get 10 Crowns already?

I hope you guys contacted Soren to test it, otherwise you deserve nothing.

You want me testing stuff?
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

(March 9th, 2019, 17:07)RFS-81 Wrote:
Quote:It is 100% balanced as a role-playing game.

The problem is, if I'm in the mood for role-playing an empire, why would I start Civ instead of a Paradox game? But I guess there are enough people who don't know/are intimidated by Paradox games.

Yeah, its the same people that spend all their time basebuilding in Age of Empires 2 instead of loading up actual citybuilders. Now imagine if hypothetical AoE sequels were balanced entirely for the group of people that only spend all their time basebuilding.

(March 8th, 2019, 11:25)Krill Wrote:
(March 8th, 2019, 11:21)Bacchus Wrote: Can we just get 10 Crowns already?

I hope you guys contacted Soren to test it, otherwise you deserve nothing.

The bad news is that I don't have time to help Soren test it, but the bad news is that I won't have time to play it either.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

So the my ban list is now:

Gives too much stuff:
--Nan Madol (via rerolling because you still have access to the map and can transfer to SP game).
--Scythia
--Hungry
--VA

MP implict collusion:
--Australia
--Pillaging, expect farms and boats

Rule change that is a de facto ban:
--Chandra, Pericles and Eleanor ban by going by Civ not Leader

So is Civ VI multiplayer dead? We're down to one game, which has had 2 replacements already, and at least one other player saying he'd quit if he could, and there's no new games starting (I don't want to make one either).
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

blame GS and the patch. Sorry CMF.
Youtube Channel Twitch aka Mistoltin

Not possible to build a mod?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Isn't it possible to "unpatch" the game (or being on steam too complicated for that).

I don’t think you can unpatch because of steam and instead of trying to enjoy a badly designed game, I would rather spend time playing really good games like civ4
Youtube Channel Twitch aka Mistoltin