As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Civ 6 Release and Update Discussion Thread

All this commentary does nothing for me wanting to finally really learn Civ6.

I'm playing Civ3 CCM (32 civs), AW. That is more fun that the idea of Civ6. When you keep seeing comments that the new patch makes it more silly...

(March 18th, 2019, 09:29)Huinesoron Wrote:
(March 18th, 2019, 07:31)Rowain Wrote:
(March 18th, 2019, 04:50)Huinesoron Wrote: Do partially-built units get upgraded if you research a new tech? If so, and I had half a dozen one-turn-built Warriors in my empire, then researched Iron Working... would I have just saved 120 Iron, at a cost of only six turns of production spread across my empire?

Nope As long as you don't have the necessary resources you can't build the new ones. Building a warrior remains bzuilding a warrior untill you have the resources needed and becomes a (for example) Sword build the moment you reach the necessary amount of resources (and have the tech).

So how does that work with the GS setup? If I have two Warriors building, research Iron Working, and accumulate 20 Iron, will the game transform one of them randomly into a Sword while leaving the other as a Warrior?

hS

From what I've seen regarding the expansion, that is what will occur.  No idea how that works in practice as I have yet to play any GS in single player mode.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

Now everything is fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGvjflXi3uE

It is not, but a little stuff is fixed, like science and culture pillaging. No word on how increased the upgrade gold costs are.

So now it's:

Gives too much stuff:
--Nan Madol (via rerolling because you still have access to the map and can transfer to SP game).
--Scythia
--Hungry
--VA

Other:
--Australia (implicit collusion)
--De facto Chandra, Pericles and Eleanor ban by going by Civ not Leader.

(March 29th, 2019, 09:14)TheArchduke Wrote: Now everything is fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGvjflXi3uE

It is not, but a little stuff is fixed, like science and culture pillaging. No word on how increased the upgrade gold costs are.

Changelog:
  • Climate Change and Natural Disaster modifications
  • Maori Marae +2 -> +1 feature culture & faith; Toa 40 -> 36 strength, debuff to enemies doesn't stack
  • Hungary levy upgrades 100% -> 75% discount
  • Canadian Snow and Tundra mines get +1 production (doesn't keep them from sucking)
  • India now has +2 charges on missionaries, +1 amenity for each different religion in their cities (per city, I'm pretty sure), double strength trade route religion spread, Varu debuff no longer stacks (as with Toa) but upkeep is reduced to 2
  • Netherlands get +production towards dams and flood barriers
  • Several Unique Improvements buffed:
    • Egyptian Sphinx +1 -> +2 appeal, now gets +1 culture on floodplains
    • Chinese Great Wall gets +2 base gold, can't be destroyed by weather
    • Spanish Mission gets an additional +1 food +1 prod on foreign continents; +2 science if adjacent to campus -> +1 science for each adjacent campus or holy site
    • French Chateau +1 gold if adjacent to a luxury -> +1 gold for each adjacent luxury; +2 culture if adjacent to a wonder -> +1 culture for each adjacent wonder. (...words fail me. It's not just that this is probably closer to a nerf than a buff, it doesn't point anywhere near the problems that make Chateaus bad.)
  • AI trading and deal-proposition calculations improved, with an eye towards not having them spam the same request repeatedly.
  • Modified 'jersey system' colors (hopefully default Arabia looks a little less like vomit)
  • City-States have better defenses on high difficulty
  • Upgrade costs increase
  • Panama Canal +10 gold, Mahabodhi Temple +1 diplo victory point
  • Naturalists cheaper
  • Raid and Total War (pillage policies) +100% -> +50% yields
  • Pillaging improvements provides Gold and Faith instead of Science and Culture, respectively. Unless you're Norway, who still get Science from mines and Culture from quarries/pastures/plantation/camps in addition. So now they have a reason to exist, at least. (Note that as far as I can tell this has no effect on pillage rewards from DISTRICTS, just tile improvements).
  • Better map tacks
  • Map search feature (wondering where in the world you can get some dang niter? fire up the search)
  • Work on Worldbuilder for eventual public release

EDIT:
Livestream of them talking about the patch here. There are a bunch of bugfixes too.

EDIT2: Egypt's Maryannu Chariot Archer doesn't replace the Heavy Chariot any more, no longer are they locked out of the Knight timing attack.

Patch notes have been released.  The list is extensive so I'm not about to try to post the entire thing here.  The CivFanatics thread with the notes is here

One thing missing from the patch notes: the Professional Army policy has been split into two policies - Professional Army (presumably 50% discount for gold) and Retinues (50% discount for resources).
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

https://twitter.com/CivGame/status/1113187346843787264

In case anyone else like me tends to play this game on their Switch occasionally alongside PC... This is super neat. The expansions have yet to release on Switch (but supposedly are coming) so there are some limitations to using this, but I've tested it out, and it works perfectly. Really cool.

LOL I just realized in the only game Gathering Storm played they kicked Trip's ass after he launched a dumb attack. I'm sure the tile came from them looking for a fan-name that involved weather, rather than endorsement of Gathering Storm crushing Trip--saying that crushing Trip is a good thing because of his performance in Civ5--but it still cracks me up.

Wow, I can see the hills.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1702339134

(April 5th, 2019, 15:46)MJW (ya that one) Wrote: LOL I just realized in the only game Gathering Storm played they kicked Trip's ass after he launched a dumb attack. I'm sure the tile came from them looking for a fan-name that involved weather, rather than endorsement of Gathering Storm crushing Trip--saying that crushing Trip is a good thing because of his performance in Civ5--but it still cracks me up.

You didn't know?

That game is the true ancestor of all the pitboss games we play now. It's not a bad read, but the game was played 18 years ago, pictures are missing and everything.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18