As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[LURKERS] Civ 6 PBEM 15: May the Odds be Ever In Your Favor

The original posted in this thread had Jester further away and tucked into a weird valley area, right about where Brussels is now. That would have been a truly bizare start for Jester to deal with, but he would have been harder to conquer.

I don't think that would have led to a better game.

The starts in this game were fine, no issues there. Jester ended up having a rough go of things, but that wasn't due to the map - the Ottoman starting position was clearly the strongest of the four. I think it's been a good map overall.

By the way, not sure if everyone has realized this, but the Persian unique building pairidaezas also grant tourism (!) eventually upon reaching Flight technology. I don't know if Woden has even realized this yet. All he has to do is spam them throughout his territory along with seaside resorts and his Cultural victory is in the bag.
Follow Sullla: Website | YouTube | Livestream | Twitter | Discord

(September 25th, 2019, 16:29)williams482 Wrote: The original posted in this thread had Jester further away and tucked into a weird valley area, right about where Brussels is now. That would have been a truly bizare start for Jester to deal with, but he would have been harder to conquer.

I don't think that would have led to a better game.

Oh I thought the old map would be even better for woden because the lay out was S&P then CFCJF and then Woden. CFCJF would die because he's in the middle of 3 players. The new map was S&P then W&C. CJCJF may have been able to hang on (especially against woden who is not known for attacking) and we would have a game.

This is so over:

(October 13th, 2019, 17:04)suboptimal Wrote: Turn 163

I could theoretically divert from my tech path and spend two turns completing Astrology and Celestial Navigation.  The latter would let me build a discounted Harbor in Xorshift (+2 adjacency) and then follow it up with a lighthouse for another trade route.  I could also do a tile purchase for 130Icon_Gold or so at Mersenne and put in a second Harbor & lighthouse there.

Yeah, actually be able to build some ships might be an idea with a runaway Persia on the other continent. crazyeye

Should we ask Suboptimal if he thinks he got a chance?

I sorta just tried to. Let's wait for him to finish his think, and then maybe we can ask some follow up questions.
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

Yeah, I saw. He basically answered "The fact of the matter is that right now I don't believe that victory from my current situation is possible."

I would concur. Only a military solution would bring any hope. Either conquering the Incas or allying against Woden. Doubt that both will happen.

Huh, did not expect a DDay plan from suboptimal, will watch with interest.

Why is Woden letting most of the Greek army just sort of straggle past his line of frigates? He knows suboptimal has no navy to speak of, so why not go ahead and declare war and start sinking those units? Sub would never be able to get enough past the frigates to do anything once the frigates start defending, and then Woden can go ahead and start a close blockade of the Greek coast. Sub can attack into the chokepoint at Tornado or not all. 

I get that he's getting more tourism at the moment, but it certainly seems he's not fooled at all by sub's shuffling of units, so he knows war is coming sooner or later. Why not just squash everything now?
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

Okay, I would call the game here now. Persia's ability was useful twice.