As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Gaspar & Noble make their triumphant? return; mostly just get asked about "The List"

Forgotten this abomination, have we?
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

Mostly, but that was also an Industrial Start and mostly not applicable to what Ichabod was talking about. And it also wasn't a full game, as it turned out.

(August 28th, 2020, 12:15)NobleHelium Wrote: I am good friends with Lewwyn and Serdoa so there is no chance they would end up on the List.

Great job, you're 2/5ths of the way done!

(August 28th, 2020, 12:58)Gaspar Wrote: Forgotten this abomination, have we?

There are a bunch of really great things in this thread, not the least of which is the fact that it resides in the Hearthstone forum.

(August 28th, 2020, 14:02)scooter Wrote:

There are a bunch of really great things in this thread, not the least of which is the fact that it resides in the Hearthstone forum.

Yeah, how the hell did it end up in the Hearthstone forum?

EDIT: Apparently this was a game that I ran but I have no recollection that it ever existed.

Alright, a little extemporaneous thought here. Let me answer some questions that nobody has asked but might be on your mind if you were the questions asking type and remembered us:

So what brings you critters out of the woodwork after years away (its probably only been a year or two since I last browsed the forum at all, though I think its been the best part of five since I last played anything)?

I believe pindicator talked to Noble about his new game and then Noble talked to me about that and we discussed how we felt about Charriu's new mod and well, here we are.

How do you feel about Charriu's mod anyway?

I'll let you know in 150 or so turns. Kappa  Honestly, all the games going to KrillMOD had a decent bit to do with driving me away.  There's no question that base BTS is unbalanced enough that playing games on it at this point all had a familiar feel.  But Krill would constantly change so much and with no care for feel of the game that I really disliked his mod.  I don't think I ever played an actual game with it, though I do think I may have subbed or something at some point somewhere.  SevenMOD I liked much better, since it was closer to base BTS but ultimately it lost the mod wars due to not enough publicity or something.  Possibly due to Seven disappearing as well, I don't know.  Close to Home feels a little better at a glance and I like that Charriu seems to be going for nudges mostly.  I think the goal of a balance mod shouldn't be perfect balance but rather just getting to a point where there are less One Right Decision™ choices in the game.  I don't know if that's been accomplished, honestly, but I like that I can follow the game without having to have a changelog open.

What is your goal this game?

Goal number one is to have a super entertaining thread.  I've often said that was my favorite part of RB and I don't expect that to change.  I also like playing with Noble even if he's a pain in the ass and we really haven't played anything together in a while.  We tried to play Path of Exile together but we play at vastly different paces so it didn't really work out.  As far as the game itself goes I have three goals:

1. Shake the rust off and see if we remember how to play Civ4
  2. Keep my spirits up throughout the game even if things go poorly.  The only game I can reasonably remember this being the case was the PB with all the sockpuppets.  I forget which game that was, PB16?
  3. Try and win.

In that order.

Are you going to do your legendary preview posts for the opponents?

Even though I know all of my opponents relatively well except one, I'll probably skip it this time since I'd have to do a lot of research since I don't remember which game is which and such anymore.  I'll probably just do one big jumbled projection once leaders/civs are picked and whatnot.

Am I on the list?

If you have to ask, you're probably on the list. Kappa

Oh I finally found a picture of the map. I liked that map I am pretty sure. What did I do wrong that time?

(August 28th, 2020, 14:11)Gaspar Wrote: So what brings you critters out of the woodwork after years away (its probably only been a year or two since I last browsed the forum at all, though I think its been the best part of five since I last played anything)?

I believe pindicator talked to Noble about his new game and then Noble talked to me about that and we discussed how we felt about Charriu's new mod and well, here we are.

No, one of my Discord servers mentioned Civ6 and potentially playing multiplayer and that got me remembering about Civ4. So I checked out RB, surprisingly found the large number of active games (Civ4 games had dwindled by the time I stopped playing), and then I saw that pindicator was playing and asked him how things were going.

(August 28th, 2020, 14:02)scooter Wrote: Great job, you're 2/5ths of the way done!

Interestingly, I would count both of them as friends (and even personally invited Lew to the game) but I've had them both on my personal list from time to time. Also, in the interest of full circle, they were both in my first solo game here (as were you, scooter Dansgame )

(August 28th, 2020, 14:02)scooter Wrote:

(August 28th, 2020, 14:08)BRickAstley Wrote: Yeah, how the hell did it end up in the Hearthstone forum?

EDIT: Apparently this was a game that I ran but I have no recollection that it ever existed.

You moved it there because Noble posted more HS pictures than turn updates. That game was a trainwreck for us from start to finish though IIRC I think the thread was at least relatively entertaining early on. I have no idea how it turned out because that really was the end of me actively reading RB for a good long time.

(August 28th, 2020, 14:11)Gaspar Wrote: How do you feel about Charriu's mod anyway?

I'll let you know in 150 or so turns. Kappa  Honestly, all the games going to KrillMOD had a decent bit to do with driving me away.  There's no question that base BTS is unbalanced enough that playing games on it at this point all had a familiar feel.  But Krill would constantly change so much and with no care for feel of the game that I really disliked his mod.  I don't think I ever played an actual game with it, though I do think I may have subbed or something at some point somewhere.  SevenMOD I liked much better, since it was closer to base BTS but ultimately it lost the mod wars due to not enough publicity or something.  Possibly due to Seven disappearing as well, I don't know.  Close to Home feels a little better at a glance and I like that Charriu seems to be going for nudges mostly.  I think the goal of a balance mod shouldn't be perfect balance but rather just getting to a point where there are less One Right Decision™ choices in the game.  I don't know if that's been accomplished, honestly, but I like that I can follow the game without having to have a changelog open.

Allears heart Dance 

Thanks a lot for the feedback. One goal of this mod actually was to bring back people, who were turned away from KrillMOD. And yes the goal of this mod is nudges. That said the mod is still in open development, but I  already have a good feeling about most of the changes.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

(August 28th, 2020, 14:22)Charriu Wrote: Thanks a lot for the feedback. One goal of this mod actually was to bring back people, who were turned away from KrillMOD. And yes the goal of this mod is nudges. That said the mod is still in open development, but I  already have a good feeling about most of the changes.

I am sure I will have a ton of feedback as we go through the game, some of it may even be constructive. mischief