As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Gaspar & Noble make their triumphant? return; mostly just get asked about "The List"

[Image: Top5-aqua-logo-250x250.png]

In keeping with the list theme, I thought I would start a recurring post theme for thread by listing my Top 5 for various subjects.  There will be a mix of serious and light, so you never know what you're going to get.

TOP 5 RB'ers

1. Brick
  2. scooter
  3. Charriu
  4. Ichabod
  5. pindicator

These are my current 5 favorite.  Why?  They've posted the most in this thread!  SPAM=FRIENDS, friends.

TOP 5 Things I'm interested in trying out in CtH
  1. Mysticism as a start tech
  2. New PHI
  3. Updated new PRO
  4. Whether IND is better with resource bonuses nerfed
  5. Whether Mobility is with 10 extra hammers for Fast Workers

I don't suspect I'll try all or even most of those items - the field is competitive enough that we need to make a pick to win, not to just try stuff.  I think the 1C on the palace is a neat idea for what was the worst start tech.  One of the things to note if it is good - one of the things that helped balance say, Byzantium, was their awful start techs.  If their start techs aren't so awful, we might have to look at Cataphracts.

The new PHI probably isn't good.  Noble and I discussed how what makes PHI tricky is either it isn't good enough or its too good.  Noble suggests that 300% is the line, I suspect its lower.  There's no arguing you get most of your GPs in GAs though, and PHI doesn't do enough to make much difference there.  Is 150% good enough to notice?  IDK.

New PRO probably threads the needle just right.  First iteration was probably too good.  This iteration is good for games where its hard to get foreign routes.  Is that plus the basic bonuses enough to make Protective a good trait?  Doubt it.  But its probably enough to make it an acceptable support trait, which is all it really needs to be.

IND is a funny trait - the more marble and stone on the map, the worse it is.  The more IND civs there are, the worse it is.  If we nerf the resource bonuses, then does that make IND better?  Probably, but how much better.  And how much is too much?

I suspect the answer to my last question is yes, but we won't know if we don't try.

With those in hand, here are the top 5 leaders I'm generically thinking about trying.
  1. Charlemagne
  2. LieuYe
  3. Nebuchadnezzar
  4. Gandhi
  5. Julius Caesar

And the top 5 Civs
  1. Byzantium
  2. India
  3. Arabia
  4. America
  5. Korea

Note - I do not think those are the strongest in CtH, just the ones I'm most interested in trying.
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

Dansgame Swiftrage Dansgame Swiftrage Dansgame Swiftrage Dansgame Swiftrage Dansgame Swiftrage Dansgame Swiftrage Dansgame Swiftrage Dansgame Swiftrage Dansgame Swiftrage Dansgame Swiftrage Dansgame Swiftrage Dansgame Swiftrage Dansgame Swiftrage Dansgame Swiftrage Dansgame Swiftrage Dansgame Swiftrage Dansgame Swiftrage

WTF guys?! I give you a good reason to spam the thread and friggin Lewwyn and Serdoa are getting more comments at the moment.

With that...

[Image: Top5-aqua-logo-250x250.png]

TOP 5 THINGS THAT MAKE GASPAR ANGRY PRE-GAME
  1. People not spamming up my thread enough
  2. The fact that we have not reached a second page yet
  3. People not requesting more content than I can reasonably put out
  4. That we don't have starting screenshots yet less than 24 hours after the map settings were finalized
  5. NobleHelium. He hasn't really done anything to upset me yet but I'm preemptively angry with him for inevitable frustrating pedantry later on

Geez some people have a life and can't be generating content for you in the middle of a Saturday. Dansgame

I named my cities after PoE Expansion titles in PB46. Then when I ran out I started using maps but didn't too far.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

I said that I'm sure 300% for PHI is too good, but it's unclear where the actual line is. I'm not sure 200% is too good for example.

Wow, I feel honored that I made it to 3rd place. That's unexpected.
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

(August 29th, 2020, 17:44)Charriu Wrote: Wow, I feel honored that I made it to 3rd place. That's unexpected.

[Image: why.png]

You're now my 2nd favorite. Kappa

(August 28th, 2020, 19:11)Ichabod Wrote: (it was one of those stories - Pocketbeetle's FFH thread - that made me find RB, after all).

God, that thread was AMAZING. Talk about a one-hit wonder.

(August 29th, 2020, 19:00)Cyneheard Wrote:
(August 28th, 2020, 19:11)Ichabod Wrote: (it was one of those stories - Pocketbeetle's FFH thread - that made me find RB, after all).

God, that thread was AMAZING. Talk about a one-hit wonder.

PB posted a dump of the old files and pictures for that thread..... Anyone want to upload all the pictures to a image host and painstakingly fix them all?

You mean someone that can edit his posts? Sounds like a mod like you. wink