As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Gaspar & Noble make their triumphant? return; mostly just get asked about "The List"

Coliseums do have reduced war weariness now. So there is that
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

I'm going to post some screenshots from old games that I particularly like or found amusing, mostly because I'm bored waiting for the starting screenshot and reminiscing about previous games.

[Image: culture108.jpg?raw=1]

[Image: overview127c.jpg?raw=1]

[Image: logistics142.jpg?raw=1]

The one in the spoiler is 5.3 MB.

[Image: t127-deployment.JPG?raw=1]

C1 for everything sounds strong, but I like the simplicity - it took me ages to understand that agg didn't apply to mounted, boats, etc so simplifying that is on-brand for CtH - it should probably get a test game to see how it fares. Perhaps without building bonuses?

If it is too strong then giving 2-3xp for everything could be better (since it doesn't discount later promotions like c1 does).

I don't recognize any of those pictures Noble - except is one of them the city thet diplomacy burned? Was it Ruff and Ichabod?

At least the second to last picture is from the game where they called Sullla Mikehendi on his extreme farmer's gambit with a late HA attack.

(August 31st, 2020, 02:53)Old Harry Wrote: C1 for everything sounds strong, but I like the simplicity - it took me ages to understand that agg didn't apply to mounted, boats, etc so simplifying that is on-brand for CtH - it should probably get a test game to see how it fares. Perhaps without building bonuses?

Not a judgement of the change itself. I just wanted to say that simplicity is not a goal of the mod. It may be a side-effect sometimes, but it's not something I'm specifically aiming for. But of course the simple solution is always preferred to the complex. I'm working with KISS
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

(August 31st, 2020, 02:53)Old Harry Wrote: I don't recognize any of those pictures Noble - except is one of them the city thet diplomacy burned? Was it Ruff and Ichabod?

Not sure what you mean by diplomacy.  I only played one game with full diplomacy on (21) and it wasn't really an interesting game by modern standards.  All of the screenshots are from games in my signature (in the same order) except the last one, which was PB19 that Gaspar (and Lewwyn) played and I apparently spent the game trolling him in his thread.  That thread was hilarious when I was skimming through it last night.

(August 31st, 2020, 03:38)Erwin Wrote: At least the second to last picture is from the game where they called Sullla Mikehendi on his extreme farmer's gambit with a late HA attack.

I believe that was poor Yuri being left with Sullla's Liberalism-and-paper defended husk.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(August 30th, 2020, 15:34)Gaspar Wrote:  I think given the desire to not make Agg an economic benefit, I think maybe the answer is either Agg gives C1 to ALL units

There was some balking at this suggestion because it's, and I quote, "insane," but I'm all in favor. I think the only way Aggressive will ever be useful as a pure war trait is if it's truly terrifying, because it's basically the only trait that neither helps your snowball or your commerce, and those are way more important than promotions. We've played 130+ games here, and what's Aggressive's win rate look like? Maybe it picked up a win or two in RtR which gave it some snowball bonuses? I dunno, but I think C1 to all should be totally on the table. It's the only way I'll ever pick this trait with no snowball/commerce boosts. I guess I would like to see it tried, and maybe somebody can prove it's a bad idea.

(August 30th, 2020, 18:48)Gaspar Wrote:
(August 30th, 2020, 17:09)scooter Wrote: Interested in your distaste for Charismatic. That seems to be a pretty big divide to how I see CTH Charismatic valued elsewhere. Any more detailed thoughts on that?

I dunno, am I missing something?  It got cheap monuments and monuments work well with the trait in and of itself but they're still a building you mostly don't want to build.  And it got cheaper Colosseums but nobody builds those?  I think maybe its on par with CRE now?

I don't think it's the #1 trait or anything, but I agree with the general sentiment that it's top3-4ish. It was the third most picked trait in the PB54 snake, and that was about what I expected.

Overall, I'd say the case for Chm is it was possibly the best BtS trait to get a buff in this mod (either that or IMP). 15h Monuments gives you some of the most cost-efficient border pops around, plus it means all your cities have +2 happy cap early. That extra happy cap feeds into the fact that Slavery is un-nerfed here, meaning heavier whipping than people got accustomed to in the RtR era is potentially in the cards. Combine all that with the fact that Chm is already a strong war trait in a MP world where 2-movers are king, and I think it's a good package.

(August 31st, 2020, 03:38)Erwin Wrote: At least the second to last picture is from the game where they called Sullla Mikehendi on his extreme farmer's gambit with a late HA attack.

Oh and I'm impressed by this, given that the game was played several years before your account was registered.

Comon lurkers, help pindicator edit the map. lol