As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Gaspar & Noble make their triumphant? return; mostly just get asked about "The List"

Ok, let's see if I remember how to do this...

The Enemies - Or how to lose a PBEM in 180 days

Volume I - Bobchillingworth

[Image: angrybob.jpg]

I'll explain later...

Hannibal of Maya(Charismatic, Financial, Holkan, Ball Court, Mining, Mysticism)

[Image: bloodycourt.jpg]

Remember when everyone thought Ball Courts were awesome?  Like the single digit PBEM days?  No?  Just me then?  Ok...

What's New?
  • Mysticism +10b and 1c at capital
  • Holkans have Woodsman I
  • CHM has double production of Monument, Colosseum
  • FIN is +1c on 2c water tiles, +3c land tiles, double production of bank

Known Knowns:

Bob's most noteworthy traits are that he thinks he is smarter than everyone else and also that he's smarter than himself.  He outsmarts himself at every turn, whether it be adding barbarian subs to a map or making plays that are too cute by more than half.  He's a capable player, though he's prone to lapses in concentration and while he's the 2nd least likely player in this field to do elaborate microplans, he's got plenty of skill on that front, if his concentration stays up.

His Civ leader combination is... curious?  I mean how much free happy do you really need?  He's getting free happy from CHM and he picked a UB that adds a bunch more.  A city with a Ball Court and a Monument has +5 to the happy cap.  That's totally unnecessary on most RB maps, where you're never really starved for luxes but it sure does open up the whip.  Woody I resourceless spears could work a choke, I guess?  CHM is pretty good in CtH, Cyrus was the most likely choice for Noble and I if we didn't pick Augustus.  And FIN is FIN - even watered down, its still the laziest way to make money.  I think the pick is solid.

Known Unknowns:

The big question with Bob is always what is his grand plan.  There can be no doubt he has one.  And with said grand plan, is his intention to try and win the game or troll us all to submission?  How good is CHM really in CtH - is it good or really good?  

BobAI Profile

Peace Weight: 4/10
Unit probability: 7/10
Wonders: 3/10

Flavors: Creativity, Aggression

Bobchillingworth Yearbook

Path of Exile Unique he most reminds me of:
[Image: jacktheaxe.png]
Likeliness to Succeed:
[Image: jz.gif]
Quality of Selection:
[Image: seemsgood.png]

Exploitable Weakness: Gets caught up on something overly intricate, makes excellent Phract food when the time comes.
Biggest Fear: Decides this is the game where he wants to put it all together, puts it all together.
Pregame Prediction: 6th
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

Well, I remember but I'm rusty.  Let's try another and see if the quality improves

Volume II - superdeath & GeneralKilCavalry (with others)

[Image: superdeath.jpg]

Confusion reigns supreme...

Mao Zedong of China (Expansive, Protective, Cho-ko-nu, Pavillion, Agriculture, Mining)

[Image: new-tricks.jpg]

BTS China was the fastest starting Civ on most maps and BTS Expansive was the fastest starting trait.  Now... ?

What's New?
  • Agriculture -20 beakers
  • CKN max 40% collateral damage instead of max 60%
  • EXP loses worker bonus, gains double production of Aqueduct
  • PRO gains +75% domestic trade route yield

Known Knowns:

I confess the extent of my Superdeath knowledge is PB52, a few random posts here and there, and the Werewolf game.  But that's enough to get a sense of who he is and what his skill level is.  He's got a vocal distaste for micro which is going to be difficult for him in this field.  His reading of the game seems ok, but he's prone to make rash decisions.  He was a fairly tenacious defender in PB52 but also made some obvious mistakes.  He's also seems to join virtually every game which sort of by definition means he's not going to be very focused on any specific one of them.

I love playing China, Ag/Mining let's you do some super creative stuff at the start, like teching BW first and chopping the 2nd worker with the first, particularly paired with BTS expansive.  Expansive and Agriculture have both been nerfed here, so its definitely less strong a start, but he's still going to be starting faster than we are.  He also has at least Fintourist as a dedlurker so that should help him get out of the gate faster.  I would not be surprised if he was ahead on t50.  I would not be surprised if he was dead on t150.  CKN are still good but less good.  Pavillions are still never going to be built.  PROs buffed as well, but less than in the existing games, it remains to be seen how it will perform here.  Noble and I rated it as a mid-tier economic trait but a relatively fast starter.

Known Unknowns:

I mean Known Unknown is a pretty good description of Superdeath.  We don't know how much the minor nerfs hurt Chinese early game.  We don't know how this version of PRO will perform, we know BTS PRO is worthless and we know the version in recent games is too good.  I suspect this version comes out as "ok."  How much influence does Fintourist have?  If he were the turn player, we'd have a lot more to be worried about.

Superdeath Profile

Peace Weight: 2/10
Unit probability: 5/10
Wonders: 6/10

Flavors: Unpredictability, More unpredictability

Superdeath Yearbook

[Image: ventors.png]
Likeliness to Succeed:
[Image: doubt.jpg]
Quality of Selection:
[Image: 5years.jpg]

Exploitable Weakness: Makes lots of weird choices, ends up as phract food.
Biggest Fear: Fintourist.
Pregame Prediction: 5th

(September 4th, 2020, 17:03)Gaspar Wrote: Ok, let's see if I remember how to do this...

Volume I - Bobchillingworth

[Image: angrybob.jpg]

I'll explain later...

rolf
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

You should do a "how screwed are we if the dedlurker takes over" stat. I'd say Superdeath would be tops there, but Rusten has Hitru...
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

I'm rating the gap between superdeath and Fintourist as at least double that between Rusten and Hitru.

Hitru is the single most perfect civplayer to exist past, present, or future. If he's ever failed its because his mortal instruments are at times mildly flawed and cannot execute the pure beauty of his vision.

(September 4th, 2020, 18:06)Commodore Wrote: Hitru is the single most perfect civplayer to exist past, present, or future. If he's ever failed its because his mortal instruments are at times mildly flawed and cannot execute the pure beauty of his vision.

I honestly know nothing about Hitru. Can you point me to a good example of his glory?

That's the thing, he has never been the primary solo turn player but he has a vast list of teams where he was dead lurking and the team absolutely dominated into a win. He began with old Harry and branched out from there.

Getting warmer...

Volume III - Lewwyn

[Image: lew.gif]

Always and forever, that gif is Lewwyn.

Charlemagne of Spain (Protective, Imperialistic, Conquistador, Citadel, Fishing, Mysticism

[Image: charlie.jpg]

Aye Caramba, Charlie Brown.

What's New?
  • Fishing +10 beakers
  • Mysticism +10b, +1c at capital
  • IMP gains double production of stable
  • PRO gains +75% domestic trade route yield
  • Citadel doesn't obsolete, +2 naval unit xp

Known Knowns:

Lewwyn is an extreme highroll player in all games, but the highroll is in himself, rather than the game. When Lewwyn highrolls he's as good as anyone at RB, when Lewwyn lowrolls he's pretty bad. He has strong micro skills and the ability to laser focus on objectives. Sometimes those objectives win him the game. Sometimes they land him in a pointless forever war. I hope he's not a neighbor because I could definitely see him lasering in on eliminating us. Also, sometimes he just quits on the game right after it starts and either ambles through doing nothing or finds a replacement. You never really know which Lewwyn you're going to get.

This is one of two choices that definitely garnered a "huh?" from Noble and I. I'll get to Spain in a minute. Charlie is a solid choice here. I think IMP is the expansion trait in CtH with EXP nerfed, particularly if starts are mirrored. Protective as stated above is a good early econ trait. One would assume he intends to shit out settlers and keep his economy afloat with the TR bonus, its certainly a strategy we considered.

Known Unknowns:
The big things is we couldn't quite figure out why take Spain. Citadels have some nice little boosts but they require building two buildings you don't want to build otherwise regardless of whether you get a discount on them. Conquistadors are pretty meh and replace a unit that has a pretty short lifespan. This is the only Fishing/Mysticism start though and I wondered maybe if Lewwyn didn't know you can start the work boat without Fishing tech. But it is the highest tech value start assuming similar capitals, because you get the free beaker from Mysticism and you have 110b worth of start techs. I still think its questionable but its not that bad.

Most of the other Known Unknowns really involve Lewwyn's engagement level and whether or not he's playing the game because he wants to win or because he wants to troll. You never know with Lewwyn.

Lewwyn Profile

Peace Weight: 1/10
Unit probability: 8/10
Wonders: 7/10

Flavors: Trolling, Micro

Lewwyn Yearbook

[Image: shackles.png]
(Mostly just a troll item but also part of some of the most OP builds in PoE)
Likeliness to Succeed:
[Image: depends.gif]
Quality of Selection:
[Image: mourning.gif]

Exploitable Weakness: Decides to troll, ends up as phract food
Biggest Fear: Decides not to troll, decides he likes eating us more than he likes beating us.
Pregame Prediction: 3rd

(September 4th, 2020, 18:06)Commodore Wrote: Hitru is the single most perfect civplayer to exist past, present, or future. If he's ever failed its because his mortal instruments are at times mildly flawed and cannot execute the pure beauty of his vision.

It is easy to be perfect when you are in the darkness.The light shows all the "sins" and imperfections.That beeing said I dont think he is seven or TBS level.

I know you dint want to play with me but i hope posting is ok , if not I will delete the post as this days the atmosfere on rb is not anymore what was.