As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Gaspar & Noble make their triumphant? return; mostly just get asked about "The List"

Played turn 7.

[Image: t007-overview.jpg?raw=1]

We found the real jungle belt.  My hypothesis for the map for a while has been that the players are in a rough ring and we are in the northeast.  Now it looks like there may be a narrow jungle belt surrounding a rich center area?  Maybe the center area is also jungled?  Maybe the center area is an island accessible on the other side of the jungle?  Either way it looks like the jungle is sloping in the same direction as the axis formed by SD's capital and ours.

[Image: t007-demos.jpg?raw=1]

Still no tech for Lewwyn.  A few possibilities, in descending order of probability:
1) He swapped techs.
2) He's teching religion.
3) He's teching the Wheel.
4) He's teching even more outlandish possibilities like Sailing or Masonry.

He did however grow to 2. So it looks like he did have a work boat open after all.

I didn't comment on the total land in people's BFCs - everyone has between 14-17 land tiles. We have 16, including a peak.

Hmm. So if I play t8, is there something you want me to do??
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

Given that I am playing almost all the turns, it should be apparent that the signs are for myself. wink That's the thing - I am also very concerned that I don't make any mistakes either.

Also, I feel like goodies in the center are so 2010. In fairness, I haven't lurked the last 40 or so games here but that stuff was mostly out of people's system when I last did pay attention. Pindicator doesn't really strike me as a goodies in the center kind of guy.

A ring does make sense given that he made a point of making the map cylindrical vs toroidal. And you have to put something in the center if we're talking about a ring. Water is certainly another option but thats a lot of water for the map preferences we outlined.

Regardless, I think its pretty clear we at least have a neighbor relatively near in the south.

Noble mentioned I haven't done a TOP 5 post in a while, and while I do like to keep the lurkers hungry for more, I'm not trying to starve anyone, so...

[Image: Top5-aqua-logo-250x250.png]

TOP 5 THINGS I HOPE HAPPEN IN THE SHORT-TERM IN THIS GAME

1. I hope copper is on the tile 1NW of the capital.
If this is the case, we can improve it easily and we will have a productive tile for our first city, should we plant the intermediary city to the west.
2. I hope Lewwyn is really going religion first, and I hope he's nearby if that's the case.
Cuban Isolationists cosplay, anyone? Does anyone reading this even get the reference?
3. I hope horse is also conveniently located at one of our nearby sites.
I think chariots are very good with an annoying neighbor.
4. I hope we don't fall too far behind with our crappy start techs.
They are quite crappy.
5. I hope we meet someone else and get some sweet known tech bonus soon.
See #4.

TOP 5 PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD

1. Brick
2. scooter
3. Charriu
4. Commodore
5. mackoti

*pindicator doesn't count because I'm still mad at him because the map is too small and Harry, well, you need to up your game to top mackoti.

TOP 5 BEST DEDLURKERS

1. Fintourist
I haven't followed any games with this Hitru chap, sorry. FT is the gold standard, IMO.
2. NobleHelium
Noble actually might be a better dedlurker than a partner.
3. Man Behind the Mask
I haven't forgotten all that micro in FFH7, buddy, wherever you are.
4. spacemanmf
#nospaceftw
5. Boldly
5 (tie). zakalwe
5 (tie). Harry
5 (tie). ceiliazul
Look, if you can't be biased towards people who have dedlurked you, what is the actual point?

TOP 5 WORST DEDLURKERS
1-5. Krill
He bails if you're losing, takes credit if you're winning.

There. Now you can't say you haven't had a top 5 in a while.

Cuban Isolationists, aye, I remember.

(September 15th, 2020, 20:26)Gaspar Wrote: 2.  I hope Lewwyn is really going religion first, and I hope he's nearby if that's the case.
Cuban Isolationists cosplay, anyone?  Does anyone reading this even get the reference?

Of course. I spent like... 30 minutes toying with the idea of going full blown troll-hydra opening in 54 just to say I did it. Play for the pbemlist description, not the win. Sadly, my memes are still dreams.

After all the goading on you gave me in 52, I am so disappointed in you scooter.

scooter Wrote:[Image: giphy.gif]
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(September 15th, 2020, 22:11)scooter Wrote:
(September 15th, 2020, 20:26)Gaspar Wrote: 2.  I hope Lewwyn is really going religion first, and I hope he's nearby if that's the case.
Cuban Isolationists cosplay, anyone?  Does anyone reading this even get the reference?

Of course. I spent like... 30 minutes toying with the idea of going full blown troll-hydra opening in 54 just to say I did it. Play for the pbemlist description, not the win. Sadly, my memes are still dreams.

Does anyone even write those anymore?  The last several entries have been disappointingly barren and the most recent games aren't even on there.  Is it because rego isn't around anymore?

I’ll confess to putting in the bare minimum for PB51 but I didn’t feel up to reading all of the threads, including the winner’s perspective on civforum.de